Search found 41387 matches
Search these results:

Author Message

 Forum: Getting to know each other   Topic: I'm back

 Post subject: Re: I'm back
Posted: 28 Oct 2020, 6:53 pm 

Replies: 5
Views: 88


Welcome Back!

:D Sooner or later, they always come back.

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: It's bad in this place

 Post subject: Re: It's bad in this place
Posted: 28 Oct 2020, 11:29 am 

Replies: 24
Views: 419


It's similar to the Vietnam-era policy of destroying villages to "save" them -- just an excuse to kill people.

 Forum: Random Discussion   Topic: What do you think About Brasil?

Posted: 27 Oct 2020, 6:19 pm 

Replies: 4
Views: 32


naturalplastic wrote:
... Lovely women, awesome music, great scenery, but abysmal poverty, and vast slums.
This, and not much else.  Rio de Janeiro reminded me of Tijuana in Mexico, and for the same reasons.

 Forum: Random Discussion   Topic: Only one supercontinent called "Pangaea".

Posted: 27 Oct 2020, 3:58 pm 

Replies: 14
Views: 138


Jetso wrote:
I used to think that there was only one supercontinent in the history of the Earth called Pangaea and then for some reason it broke apart hundreds of millions of years ago.
It is still the prevailing theory.

Again, what is your point?

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Trump's appeal to aspies?

Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 7:57 pm 

Replies: 97
Views: 1,316


As an aspie who supports Donald Trump, I have came up with a list of why many aspies may end up becoming Trump supporters. -Dislike of collectivism. Many aspies are fiercely individualistic, be it in interests or attitude. The left's worldview is based on collectivism and compliance to a group iden...

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Amy Coney Barrett confirmed

Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 7:49 pm 

Replies: 82
Views: 905


A dark day for democracy.

 Forum: Television, Film, and Video   Topic: Making Anthologies

 Post subject: Re: Making Anthologies
Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 7:39 pm 

Replies: 6
Views: 108


ivyeight6 wrote:
What about feature films?
Any collection of disparate feature films can be labelled an "anthology".

 Forum: Television, Film, and Video   Topic: Making Anthologies

 Post subject: Re: Making Anthologies
Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 7:36 pm 

Replies: 6
Views: 108


ivyeight6 wrote:
I'm working on not one, but three more anthologies. Revenge of the Cat Robots, Space: The Final Quarter, Teen Time Warp Trilogy and Strange: Tokyo. So, which ways that films can be an anthology?
A simple collection of short features -- related or not -- qualifies as an anthology.

 Forum: Random Discussion   Topic: Boring world

 Post subject: Re: Boring world
Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 7:32 pm 

Replies: 6
Views: 78


BlackSky wrote:
This world is so boring... Who thinks the same?
With much to do, much to see, and many people to meet, how can it possibly be boring?

 Forum: Random Discussion   Topic: Not Having Daughters

 Post subject: Re: Not Having Daughters
Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 7:29 pm 

Replies: 20
Views: 236


ivyeight6 wrote:
No. I want to love them.
Please post your definition of this "love" you want to give to your "daughters" -- just don't get pervy about it.

How does this tie in with your interest in film-making?

 Forum: Random Discussion   Topic: The Role of the Skeptic

 Post subject: Re: The Role of the Skeptic
Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 7:27 pm 

Replies: 92
Views: 1,481


But your body does give off infrared light just because its warm. They dont even have to shine the light on you (as per either radar or visible light from a flashlight) because your body just gives it off because it has heat. So they can use a infrared camera to detect you at night. And to detect a...

 Forum: Random Discussion   Topic: The Role of the Skeptic

 Post subject: Re: The Role of the Skeptic
Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 10:24 am 

Replies: 92
Views: 1,481


... your body does give off infrared light just because its warm. They don't even have to shine the light on you (as per either radar or visible light from a flashlight) because your body just gives it off because it has heat. So they can use a infrared camera to detect you at night. And to detect ...

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Who/When/Why did it start?

Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 10:17 am 

Replies: 125
Views: 1,198


I believe Mr Reynholm used this link: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm Heart disease: 647,457 Cancer: 599,108 Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201 Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383 Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404 D...

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Who/When/Why did it start?

Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 10:00 am 

Replies: 125
Views: 1,198


magz wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
According to the CDC website there have been just under 23 thousand Covid-19 deaths
On Worldometer, I see 230 thousand (USA), not 23 thousand.
I'm sure Mr. Reynholm's crystal ball has more accurate data.

:roll: Not.

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Who/When/Why did it start?

Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 9:55 am 

Replies: 125
Views: 1,198


Mr Reynholm wrote:
Fnord wrote:
↑ Since you can no longer deny it, you discredit it.
I never denied it. Where is your source?
Sorry.  I must have confused you with another Trump fan.

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Who/When/Why did it start?

Posted: 26 Oct 2020, 9:40 am 

Replies: 125
Views: 1,198


Sylkat wrote:
Who began the ‘Coronavirus Is A Hoax’ movement? ...
Hint: Look no further than the White House.
Sort by:  
Page 1 of 2587 [ Search found 41387 matches ]



Jump to: