Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 8:31 pm

Why do so many people hate that site even after having been on it? I don't get it. They like Facebook but they don't like Twitter, while the logic behind the two seems very similar to me.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 8:36 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Why do so many people hate that site even after having been on it? I don't get it. They like Facebook but they don't like Twitter, while the logic behind the two seems very similar to me.

I don't care for facebook either.. :roll:

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 8:46 pm

Well, I guess there are some people who don't like neither, but there are also some people who like Facebook but find Twitter boring.

I just want to know what's so bad about Twitter. I personally find it useful if I follow the right people. I also have random short thoughts on my mind sometimes that are much more suitable for a short tweet rather than for a blog entry or a journal entry.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Omnicognic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 8:55 pm

I have very few friends and family, instead of twitter, I simply use text messaging.. I had a myspace page once.. I looked at facebook and to me it was just about the same thing.. Social networking just isn't my thing.. but I speak only for myself.

willa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 10:14 pm

I've got a facebook and no twitter but it's not cause I dislike twitter. I just don't see a use in it, why need 2 things that do the same thing? I'm also more in it to keep in touch with old friends, don't really care what they are doing on a day-to-day basis =P.

nodice1996
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Oct 2010, 10:25 pm

MathGirl wrote:

Twitter seems more like a type of thing where you just tell everyone what you are doing at the moment. Facebook is more of a place where things beyond that are likely to be discussed. Also facebook has the instant messaging feature, which can be really useful at times.

BloodYeti
Raven
Raven

28 Oct 2010, 10:36 pm

I don't really understand the point of Twitter. As far as I can tell (and I have never used it, so I could be wrong), the purpose is to tell everyone what you're doing at that very moment using a short amount of characters. I just don't feel like someone's day to day life is so exceptionally interesting that I need to hear about it in minute details (naturally, there's a few exceptions for family and friends). Plus, why does it need to be documented at that very moment? Isn't that interrupting whatever you're actually doing?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a quiet and peaceful garden where Mick Avory-like Sweet Peas grow

28 Oct 2010, 10:37 pm

I don't need to go on Twitter to tell people what I'm doing at the moment. I can do that here, on WP.

Kanye West 2020

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2010, 10:52 pm

I am not interested in twitter because I don't need people to see what I do online.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 5:26 am

MathGirl wrote:
Well, I guess there are some people who don't like neither, but there are also some people who like Facebook but find Twitter boring.

I just want to know what's so bad about Twitter. I personally find it useful if I follow the right people. I also have random short thoughts on my mind sometimes that are much more suitable for a short tweet rather than for a blog entry or a journal entry.

twitter can be useful if you follow the right peoples.
Eg I am on twitter (tweety_fan) and the reason I joined was to get the Melbourne Tigers updates. About how training is coming along etc.
I also follow Madman entertainment they post useful information and sometimes discount voucher codes too which is cool because I collect anime and manga. I only have one follower though (the tigers fan thread). Everyone else I know is on facebook, I am not on there. I might join in future though.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 6:33 am

I had a Twitter account last year and ended up deleting it because I found Twitter boring and pointless like so many people say it is. A couple of months ago I made a new account and followed a bunch of interesting users. Now I use Twitter all the time. I find the most interesting news articles on there.