How do you know if a guy likes you or wants to be friends?

Page 8 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,471

13 Jan 2014, 12:54 am

hale_bopp wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
From my personal experience, if they want to be more than friends they ask you on a date. Otherwise if they want to hang around you and nothing happens, they like you as a friend.

I made the mistake of telling a guy who did not ask me on a date that I fancied him and it turned very embarassing for both parties.

From now on I'll never do that.


I don't understand why you girls always say things like this and give up on a first attempt (or first few attempts), guys typically face this embarrassing sh** zillion of times in their lifetimes.


lol it happens to me every time.
I've found once you admit it you go for it. It might not work out but if not then back off, no point sticking around after it's out.


_________________
Tacos (optional)


Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,690
Location: Birmingham, UK

13 Jan 2014, 1:00 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
From my personal experience, if they want to be more than friends they ask you on a date. Otherwise if they want to hang around you and nothing happens, they like you as a friend.

I made the mistake of telling a guy who did not ask me on a date that I fancied him and it turned very embarassing for both parties.

From now on I'll never do that.


I don't understand why you girls always say things like this and give up on a first attempt (or first few attempts), guys typically face this embarrassing sh** zillion of times in their lifetimes.
Do we now. Always.


_________________
If you don't believe in dragons it is curiously true, that the dragons you disparage choose to not believe in you.


Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,370

13 Jan 2014, 7:21 am

Boo, maybe things are slowly changing but traditionally, if a guy gets turned down its not a big deal. It comes with the territory and even sharing the rejection with friends is not cause for shame, because at least you are trying. If a girl gets turned down it can be pretty devastating.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,245
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

13 Jan 2014, 8:07 am

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Boo, maybe things are slowly changing but traditionally, if a guy gets turned down its not a big deal. It comes with the territory and even sharing the rejection with friends is not cause for shame, because at least you are trying. If a girl gets turned down it can be pretty devastating.



lol

On the contrary, guys don't vent their sadness with friends but girls do.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

13 Jan 2014, 9:04 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:
Boo, maybe things are slowly changing but traditionally, if a guy gets turned down its not a big deal. It comes with the territory and even sharing the rejection with friends is not cause for shame, because at least you are trying. If a girl gets turned down it can be pretty devastating.



lol

On the contrary, guys don't vent their sadness with friends but girls do.


Well, this conflict in thinking proves that one of you is not a guy. :P



Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,370

13 Jan 2014, 4:11 pm

Boo, guys do vent their frustration with friends, like getting turned down, but they will as you say not express it as saddness usually. Cultural difference here?



Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,370

13 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm

leafplant wrote:
Well, this conflict in thinking proves that one of you is not a guy. :P


Shush, you troublemaker. :lol: I am, and have posted pics, etc, and think it established Boo is also. Not all males are in a unified conspiracy against women you know. :P



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

13 Jan 2014, 4:31 pm

Toy_Soldier wrote:
leafplant wrote:
Well, this conflict in thinking proves that one of you is not a guy. :P


Shush, you troublemaker. :lol: I am, and have posted pics, etc, and think it established Boo is also. Not all males are in a unified conspiracy against women you know. :P


There is a pic of toi? Ohh lemme see!



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,245
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

14 Jan 2014, 3:11 am

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Boo, guys do vent their frustration with friends, like getting turned down, but they will as you say not express it as saddness usually. Cultural difference here?


It is a very known world-wide truth that men are much less likely to vent their problems with their friends and less likely to get help from a psychologist or therapist, it's the speculated reason #1 why more men commit suicide (by ~3-4 times).

http://www.psmag.com/navigation/health- ... elp-42910/

In my experience, men never talk about their rejections and failures.


I don't know in what culture or planet you live.


The reason why rejection might be more devastating to girls is because they are less used to it. Guys face rejection directly (rejected) and indirectly (ignored, blocked...etc) zillion of times so they get more used to it.



Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 14 Jan 2014, 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,245
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

14 Jan 2014, 3:21 am

leafplant wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:
Boo, maybe things are slowly changing but traditionally, if a guy gets turned down its not a big deal. It comes with the territory and even sharing the rejection with friends is not cause for shame, because at least you are trying. If a girl gets turned down it can be pretty devastating.



lol

On the contrary, guys don't vent their sadness with friends but girls do.


Well, this conflict in thinking proves that one of you is not a guy. :P


Maybe all his male friends are gays.



Toy_Soldier
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,370

14 Jan 2014, 5:38 am

Your incorrect in the assertion that men do not discuss their failures. They frequenty mention the times they 'struck out'. There is no particular stigma attached to it.

Something else blinds your opinion I suspect, as you try to offend by suggesting my friends are gay. Some are & they are a lot nicer folks then you I can assure you. I won't waste any more time on you.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,245
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

14 Jan 2014, 5:42 am

Toy_Soldier wrote:
Your incorrect in the assertion that men do not discuss their failures. They frequenty mention the times they 'struck out'. There is no particular stigma attached to it.

Something else blinds your opinion I suspect, as you try to offend by suggesting my friends are gay. Some are & they are a lot nicer folks then you I can assure you.


Thinking your friends are gays shouldn't be taken as offense. Nor I said there should be a stigma attached, I am not against guys discussing problems, but all what I am saying and seeing that they don't usually do it. Not only that, but you sound believe that they do it more often than girls.

I simply don't believe you much tho, guys typically do not discuss the things you are claiming they do.

Quote:
I won't waste any more time on you.


Good for my time too.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

14 Jan 2014, 8:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:
Your incorrect in the assertion that men do not discuss their failures. They frequenty mention the times they 'struck out'. There is no particular stigma attached to it.

Something else blinds your opinion I suspect, as you try to offend by suggesting my friends are gay. Some are & they are a lot nicer folks then you I can assure you.


Thinking your friends are gays shouldn't be taken as offense. Nor I said there should be a stigma attached, I am not against guys discussing problems, but all what I am saying and seeing that they don't usually do it. Not only that, but you sound believe that they do it more often than girls.

I simply don't believe you much tho, guys typically do not discuss the things you are claiming they do.

Quote:
I won't waste any more time on you.


Good for my time too.


Actually guys do talk and even gossip a lot worse than women in my personal experience (and overhearing them when they didn't know anyone was listening). I think your personal experience is one of not confiding in bros, and that is fine, but you are wrong to assume that the rest of men in the world have the same experience as you. No offense, but you are really difficult to talk to so it is no surprise really that other men don't want to confide in you.



The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,245
Location: Beirut, Lebanon.

14 Jan 2014, 10:54 am

leafplant wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:
Your incorrect in the assertion that men do not discuss their failures. They frequenty mention the times they 'struck out'. There is no particular stigma attached to it.

Something else blinds your opinion I suspect, as you try to offend by suggesting my friends are gay. Some are & they are a lot nicer folks then you I can assure you.


Thinking your friends are gays shouldn't be taken as offense. Nor I said there should be a stigma attached, I am not against guys discussing problems, but all what I am saying and seeing that they don't usually do it. Not only that, but you sound believe that they do it more often than girls.

I simply don't believe you much tho, guys typically do not discuss the things you are claiming they do.

Quote:
I won't waste any more time on you.


Good for my time too.


Actually guys do talk and even gossip a lot worse than women in my personal experience (and overhearing them when they didn't know anyone was listening). I think your personal experience is one of not confiding in bros, and that is fine, but you are wrong to assume that the rest of men in the world have the same experience as you. No offense, but you are really difficult to talk to so it is no surprise really that other men don't want to confide in you.


I've noticed a pattern about you btw, you often tell users "I don't want to offend you" or "No offense" + "but" + poor judgment.

ie. No offense Leafplant, but you often sound super bitter, no wonder why no one likes you.

As for men not confiding to me, men friends tell me all their but they never ever mention rejections or relationship problems.



MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,610

14 Jan 2014, 11:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
leafplant wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Toy_Soldier wrote:
Your incorrect in the assertion that men do not discuss their failures. They frequenty mention the times they 'struck out'. There is no particular stigma attached to it.

Something else blinds your opinion I suspect, as you try to offend by suggesting my friends are gay. Some are & they are a lot nicer folks then you I can assure you.


Thinking your friends are gays shouldn't be taken as offense. Nor I said there should be a stigma attached, I am not against guys discussing problems, but all what I am saying and seeing that they don't usually do it. Not only that, but you sound believe that they do it more often than girls.

I simply don't believe you much tho, guys typically do not discuss the things you are claiming they do.

Quote:
I won't waste any more time on you.


Good for my time too.


Actually guys do talk and even gossip a lot worse than women in my personal experience (and overhearing them when they didn't know anyone was listening). I think your personal experience is one of not confiding in bros, and that is fine, but you are wrong to assume that the rest of men in the world have the same experience as you. No offense, but you are really difficult to talk to so it is no surprise really that other men don't want to confide in you.


I've noticed a pattern about you btw, you often tell users "I don't want to offend you" or "No offense" + "but" + poor judgment.

ie. No offense Leafplant, but you often sound super bitter, no wonder why no one likes you.

As for men not confiding to me, men friends tell me all their but they never ever mention rejections or relationship problems.


Ahem, Face_of_Defensiveness... let's not get all masculininazi. :wink: Perhaps your brush is just too narrow in this instance. In your personal experience, and with the people you interact with I'm sure your POV is a valid one. That doesn't mean it's a majority worldview. I'm not dismissing your argument completely, but if you factor in personality quirks, cultural influence, etc on a wider basis I'll bet the results are divided.



leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Oct 2013
Age: 49
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,222

14 Jan 2014, 6:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I've noticed a pattern about you btw, you often tell users "I don't want to offend you" or "No offense" + "but" + poor judgment.

ie. No offense Leafplant, but you often sound super bitter, no wonder why no one likes you.

As for men not confiding to me, men friends tell me all their but they never ever mention rejections or relationship problems.


did they skip logic in your school? so you are basically saying that your suggestion of me being bitter and nobody liking me is poor judgement on your part? :roll:

you are prickly, dismissive and tend to ridicule other people's experiences (not saying I don't, we are talking about you now). OF bloody course other guys are not going to expose their vulnerabilities to you. You'd just make them feel bad about themselves, who wants that?