Journalist who covered Israelis cheering bombing has been fi

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,940

21 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm

Yes it was for a tweet comment, but she was right. Cheering the bombing of other human beins is disgusting.

Yet, I recall crowds of Americans on TV cheering coverage of the US invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan and noone saying a word that I know of.

https://www.tytnetwork.com/2014/07/19/c ... -israelis/



salad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 2 Jul 2011
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 388

22 Jul 2014, 1:45 am

Both are disgusting


_________________
"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it."

Master Oogway


Jono
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,344
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa

22 Jul 2014, 6:45 am

I also remember Palestinians cheering in 2001 over 9/11 as aired on a CNN news footage and later the Palestinian ambassador "condemned" the assassination of Osama Bin Laden because he was a "holy warrior" apparently. Is that equally disgusting or less so?



khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,940

22 Jul 2014, 6:58 am

Yes, I watched that and thought it was equally repulsive,



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Jul 2014, 10:23 am

It is disgusting, she got threatened and harassed for covering these people cheering the bombing. Nothing can challenge the narrative in the US that about those poor Israelis living on siege conditions from those Hamas rockets or that they're totally moral and justified to respond the way they have. The media in America is all lies and manipulation, once you realize it for one thing then you should realize it extends to everything.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

23 Jul 2014, 8:40 pm

Some Israelis are justifiably happy to see Hamas get bombed. Yes, civilians are dying, but that is the sole fault of Hamas, they wanted a war and that's what they got.



thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,147
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

24 Jul 2014, 9:36 am

AspE wrote:
Some Israelis are justifiably happy to see Hamas get bombed. Yes, civilians are dying, but that is the sole fault of Hamas, they wanted a war and that's what they got.


Its a war crime to collectively punish a society for the deeds or actions of one political group.

It would be equivalent to the Royal Air Force wiping out West Belfast in retalliation to IRA bombings in central London.


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

24 Jul 2014, 10:13 am

Firing rockets while hiding behind civilians is a war crime. No one is being deliberately collectively punished.



thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,147
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

24 Jul 2014, 10:31 am

AspE wrote:
Firing rockets while hiding behind civilians is a war crime.

Israel uses human shields too. Thats no longer a defence for what they're doing.

AspE wrote:
No one is being deliberately collectively punished.


If you believe that I've got some magic beans to sell you.


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,147
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

24 Jul 2014, 11:22 am

...meanwhile

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeas ... 90287.html


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

24 Jul 2014, 11:41 am

Israel has a right to exist and defend itself.



thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,147
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

24 Jul 2014, 12:03 pm

AspE wrote:
Israel has a right to exist and defend itself.


What its doing in Gaza isn't defensive. That narrative won't work anymore and the world knows it as much as Israel does.


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

24 Jul 2014, 12:16 pm

thomas81 wrote:
AspE wrote:
Israel has a right to exist and defend itself.


What its doing in Gaza isn't defensive. That narrative won't work anymore and the world knows it as much as Israel does.

Of course it is. It's not their fault if Hamas wants civilian casualties. Please don't pretend to represent a broad international sentiment.

?We use our rockets to protect our women and children; they [Hamas] use their women and children to protect their rockets.?

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu



thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,147
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

24 Jul 2014, 1:11 pm

AspE wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
AspE wrote:
Israel has a right to exist and defend itself.


What its doing in Gaza isn't defensive. That narrative won't work anymore and the world knows it as much as Israel does.

Of course it is. It's not their fault if Hamas wants civilian casualties. Please don't pretend to represent a broad international sentiment.

?We use our rockets to protect our women and children; they [Hamas] use their women and children to protect their rockets.?

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu


Of course Netanyahu would say that. He is a fascist turd trying to spin his way out of global PR suicide.

At this juncture, the entire of the Gaza strip is a legitimate target so the ambitions of Hamas whatever they were, are irrelevant at best.


_________________
Being 'normal' is over rated.

My deviant art profile


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

24 Jul 2014, 1:41 pm

thomas81 wrote:
AspE wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Of course Netanyahu would say that. He is a fascist turd trying to spin his way out of global PR suicide.

At this juncture, the entire of the Gaza strip is a legitimate target so the ambitions of Hamas whatever they were, are irrelevant at best.

Some people care more about their own people rather than how they are perceived.



Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Age: 50
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,390
Location: Norway

24 Jul 2014, 1:50 pm

I would probably be cheering too if I had been under rocket bombardment.