Virginia's New (Democrat) Governor & His Blackface/Klan Pics

Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,577

02 Feb 2019, 3:56 pm

Seriously though, I think we're seeing blackface derangement syndrome as well as Trump derangement syndrome these days.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

02 Feb 2019, 4:20 pm

Drake wrote:
Seriously though, I think we're seeing blackface derangement syndrome as well as Trump derangement syndrome these days.

Seriously, take racism seriously.
Not taking racism seriously is also racism.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,430
Location: Illinois

02 Feb 2019, 4:28 pm

AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I think the Democrats are far more dangerous than the Republicans. With the Pubs, at least there's truth in advertising. They openly support neoliberalism. But the Dems are wolves in sheep's clothing. There is no difference between the two parties, any more. Eight years of Obama should have woken up liberals to that reality. He was actually worse than Bush.

You mean you've been scared of made up stories, while we can point to your words and deeds.



Nah, I leave the consumption of "made up stories" to those of your ilk, who walk lock-step with the left and corporate media. I prefer to think for myself. I can back up every damn I said if you'd like to have that conversation.

Fox News is a corporation.
Which party supports racists, and which party fires them?
Which party supports sexual harassment and which defends harassers?
Which party supports international treaties and cooperation, and which doesn't?
Which party believes in consensus views on science and which supports polluters?
Which party wants people to vote, and which believes in voter suppression?



The Dems say one thing, and do another. One the first two points, I'll give you a few points. Bu everything else is total bollocks. Especially the one claiming the Dems are cleaning up the environment. That is truly laughable.


This is where we begin the conversation about Obama being worse than Bush. The Bush administration saw a decline in oil production, while the Obama administration saw a record increase. And let's not forget when Hillary was SOS, she actively promoted fracking all around the globe. Yes, a very abysmal record when it come to protecting the environment.


Let's move on to foreign policy -- and this is a no-brainer. Obama took us from two to seven wars, essentially ramping up the foreign interventionist policy more than Bush could have imagined. Drone assassinations, repealing habeas corpus, ramped up the surveillance state.


That's enough for now. I'll let you catch your breath.


_________________
R.I.P. VegetableMan


Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,577

02 Feb 2019, 4:55 pm

AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
Seriously though, I think we're seeing blackface derangement syndrome as well as Trump derangement syndrome these days.

Seriously, take racism seriously.
Not taking racism seriously is also racism.

Is the man racist right now is all that matters. He might not even have been racist then. Fancy dress doesn't mean racism.

No it's not. That's a horrible rabbit hole to go down.



Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2009
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,176
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

02 Feb 2019, 5:55 pm

BREAKING: Exclusive video of Democrat governor Northam's press conference:


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

02 Feb 2019, 6:10 pm

Drake wrote:
AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
Seriously though, I think we're seeing blackface derangement syndrome as well as Trump derangement syndrome these days.

Seriously, take racism seriously.
Not taking racism seriously is also racism.

Is the man racist right now is all that matters. He might not even have been racist then. Fancy dress doesn't mean racism.

No it's not. That's a horrible rabbit hole to go down.

Fancy dress?



TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

02 Feb 2019, 6:11 pm

Maybe that was from his wedding night? It could have been a fetish of some sort.



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

02 Feb 2019, 6:31 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
AspE wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I think the Democrats are far more dangerous than the Republicans. With the Pubs, at least there's truth in advertising. They openly support neoliberalism. But the Dems are wolves in sheep's clothing. There is no difference between the two parties, any more. Eight years of Obama should have woken up liberals to that reality. He was actually worse than Bush.

You mean you've been scared of made up stories, while we can point to your words and deeds.



Nah, I leave the consumption of "made up stories" to those of your ilk, who walk lock-step with the left and corporate media. I prefer to think for myself. I can back up every damn I said if you'd like to have that conversation.

Fox News is a corporation.
Which party supports racists, and which party fires them?
Which party supports sexual harassment and which defends harassers?
Which party supports international treaties and cooperation, and which doesn't?
Which party believes in consensus views on science and which supports polluters?
Which party wants people to vote, and which believes in voter suppression?



The Dems say one thing, and do another. One the first two points, I'll give you a few points. Bu everything else is total bollocks. Especially the one claiming the Dems are cleaning up the environment. That is truly laughable.


This is where we begin the conversation about Obama being worse than Bush. The Bush administration saw a decline in oil production, while the Obama administration saw a record increase. And let's not forget when Hillary was SOS, she actively promoted fracking all around the globe. Yes, a very abysmal record when it come to protecting the environment.


Let's move on to foreign policy -- and this is a no-brainer. Obama took us from two to seven wars, essentially ramping up the foreign interventionist policy more than Bush could have imagined. Drone assassinations, repealing habeas corpus, ramped up the surveillance state.


That's enough for now. I'll let you catch your breath.

Not shocked at all. Republicans consistently support deregulation, especially of the fossil fuel industry and fracking. Democrats did support fracking, but not the evisceration of the EPA, or the rebirth of coal. I suppose they wanted to distance the US from Middle Eastern oil. Remember that basing troops in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War on the part of Bush Sr. was one of the stated reasons for the 9/11 attacks. Preparing our country for a post fossil fuel economy doesn't mean simply stopping the production of fossil fuels. We depend on it for our very survival. But ask any Republican if they are in favor of a slight increase in fuel efficiency standards, and they all say no. They say no to solar energy, wind energy, electric car subsidies, and consistently deny the scientific consensus on anthropogenic global warming. Trump also withdrew from the Paris Climate Agreements. I don't call their positions identical.

I'm rather proud of Obama's record on fighting terrorism, I like drone strikes on terrorists on the part of the CIA, it saves American troops (Trump lifted procedures in place to protect civilian life as much as possible). He wanted to close Guantanamo, but Republicans refused (Trump loves it). He ended torture (Trump supports torture). I understand the moral question of whether to treat enemy combatants as prisoners of war or just US prisoners, and I never said Democrats were perfect (I'm not a Democrat but rather a Democratic Socialist). But to say they are identical is laughable. Hell, Trump sent US troops to the Southern Border for purely political reasons, can you say posse comitatus? And by the way, speaking of privacy, who worked with Cambridge Analytica to allow all our facebook data to go to the Russians?



Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

02 Feb 2019, 6:36 pm

Image


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!


Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,577

02 Feb 2019, 6:38 pm

AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
Seriously though, I think we're seeing blackface derangement syndrome as well as Trump derangement syndrome these days.

Seriously, take racism seriously.
Not taking racism seriously is also racism.

Is the man racist right now is all that matters. He might not even have been racist then. Fancy dress doesn't mean racism.

No it's not. That's a horrible rabbit hole to go down.

Fancy dress?

Playing dress up. It was in his med school yearbook. They wouldn't put bad stuff in there.

Don't you think it's absurd for a picture taken 35 years ago to effect a career today? Will we be doing similar for gay marriage in the future?

JAN 1 2035 - CALLS FOR RESIGNATION OF POLITICIAN AFTER RECORDING EMERGES FROM 2000 OF HER SAYING "THAT'S SO GAY!"



Last edited by Drake on 02 Feb 2019, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

02 Feb 2019, 6:44 pm

Drake wrote:
Playing dress up. It was in his med school yearbook. They wouldn't put bad stuff in there.

Don't you think it's absurd for a picture taken 35 years ago to effect a career today? Will we be doing the equivalent for gay marriage in the future?

JAN 1 2035 - CALLS FOR RESIGNATION OF POLITICIAN AFTER RECORDING EMERGES FROM 2000 OF HER SAYING "THAT'S SO GAY!"

I don't think it's absurd in either case. What's absurd is that you are making fun of Democrats while they agree Mr. Northram needs to GTFO.



Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,577

02 Feb 2019, 6:45 pm

AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
Playing dress up. It was in his med school yearbook. They wouldn't put bad stuff in there.

Don't you think it's absurd for a picture taken 35 years ago to effect a career today? Will we be doing the equivalent for gay marriage in the future?

JAN 1 2035 - CALLS FOR RESIGNATION OF POLITICIAN AFTER RECORDING EMERGES FROM 2000 OF HER SAYING "THAT'S SO GAY!"

I don't think it's absurd in either case. What's absurd is that you are making fun of Democrats while they agree Mr. Northram needs to GTFO.

Why?



AspE
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,114

02 Feb 2019, 6:54 pm

Drake wrote:
AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
Playing dress up. It was in his med school yearbook. They wouldn't put bad stuff in there.

Don't you think it's absurd for a picture taken 35 years ago to effect a career today? Will we be doing the equivalent for gay marriage in the future?

JAN 1 2035 - CALLS FOR RESIGNATION OF POLITICIAN AFTER RECORDING EMERGES FROM 2000 OF HER SAYING "THAT'S SO GAY!"

I don't think it's absurd in either case. What's absurd is that you are making fun of Democrats while they agree Mr. Northram needs to GTFO.

Why?

It's not absurd to hold politicians accountable for past actions, at least in terms of them being suitable in character for office. Maintaining the public's respect for the party is at least as important as any individual's career.
And it is absurd to make fun of Democrats for their support of doing the right thing. I know the same action wouldn't make a Republican blink, in fact it would probably be a selling point in the south.



Drake
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,577

02 Feb 2019, 7:11 pm

AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
AspE wrote:
Drake wrote:
Playing dress up. It was in his med school yearbook. They wouldn't put bad stuff in there.

Don't you think it's absurd for a picture taken 35 years ago to effect a career today? Will we be doing the equivalent for gay marriage in the future?

JAN 1 2035 - CALLS FOR RESIGNATION OF POLITICIAN AFTER RECORDING EMERGES FROM 2000 OF HER SAYING "THAT'S SO GAY!"

I don't think it's absurd in either case. What's absurd is that you are making fun of Democrats while they agree Mr. Northram needs to GTFO.

Why?

It's not absurd to hold politicians accountable for past actions, at least in terms of them being suitable in character for office. Maintaining the public's respect for the party is at least as important as any individual's career.
And it is absurd to make fun of Democrats for their support of doing the right thing. I know the same action wouldn't make a Republican blink, in fact it would probably be a selling point in the south.

Why is this the right course of action?

The picture would mean nothing to me. It's not good or bad. Even if it was something clearly bad, 35 years ago is a long time for a person to change. People can rape and murder, even both at the same time, and come out of jail in less time than 35 years.



Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,030
Location: New England

02 Feb 2019, 8:37 pm

She's finished! No political career for Mary Poppins! :lol:

Mary Poppins branded racist by US academic - for 'blacking up' in iconic sweeps' rooftop scene

--US Professor Daniel Pollack-Pelzner criticised the classic Mary Poppins film

--The academic criticises the film in an article published in the New York Times

--In one scene Mary Poppins's face is covered with soot after going up a chimney

--Professor Pollack-Pelzner writes: 'Her face gets covered with soot, but instead of wiping it off, she gamely powders her nose and cheeks and gets even blacker'


https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... scene.html


_________________
 
There Are Four Lights!