Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

lonelylogic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 20 Nov 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 22
Location: down under

13 Jun 2020, 7:46 pm

Hey, I know I’m rarely ever active here, I’m not really certain as to why, if I’m honest… I feel bad though for not chiming in as much. I’ll come on once in a blue moon, make a post, but I don’t really give back enough to this community so I feel a tad guilty.

Anyways, there’s an app I’ve been using for the past couple of months that I adore. Maybe you’ve heard of it, it’s called Slowly and it’s for digital pen pals.

It’s not for everyone, but personally it’s everything I could ever ask for in a social media app. You don’t use your face for profile pictures- you use avatars instead. You can write and receive long “letters” and you’re not expected to write them back at rapid speed. It’s more meaningful conversation without as much of the weight of how draining small talk and instant messaging can be.

Good luck, I hope someone here finds this app and cherishes it as much as I do.



greenmm37
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 3 Jun 2020
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 243

13 Jun 2020, 8:35 pm

That sounds like a really cool app! I want to check it out; thanks for recommending :D



HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2020
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 701
Location: Tarrey Town

13 Jun 2020, 11:26 pm

I haven't heard of this yet, but I'm going to try it out later. It sounds really interesting. Thank you for telling us about it!



lonelylogic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 20 Nov 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 22
Location: down under

14 Jun 2020, 12:10 am

greenmm37 wrote:
That sounds like a really cool app! I want to check it out; thanks for recommending :D

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I haven't heard of this yet, but I'm going to try it out later. It sounds really interesting. Thank you for telling us about it!

No problem, I hope you guys like it. I thought it would be a good idea to share it here to some similar minds. There's also a Reddit community for this specific app, r/SLOWLYapp, that has some useful tools. My other alias there is "-littleghost", and I've posted my bio over there. If it interests anyone I'd be happy to consider a new pen pal?

I hope sharing this isn't like... Frowned upon? I understand it's another forum but it serves a completely different purpose... I don't know. I just remember being told off by a mod here for something that confused me... Better safe than sorry? I mean well.

Gah. Rambling.



HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2020
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 701
Location: Tarrey Town

14 Jun 2020, 12:24 am

lonelylogic wrote:
I hope sharing this isn't like... Frowned upon? I understand it's another forum but it serves a completely different purpose... I don't know. I just remember being told off by a mod here for something that confused me... Better safe than sorry? I mean well.

I don't see why you would get in trouble, as this seems especially useful for people to practice their communication skills on. I hope no one has an issue since this was the perfect thing to share here. :(