Search found 11668 matches
Search these results:

Author Message

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Trudeau flees as first 1,000 Trucks Arrive in Ottawa

Posted: 10 Feb 2022, 1:09 am 

Replies: 675
Views: 14,822


Or ... ask your friends. When I've asked mine, it's always been the same: don't display it. Ugh, I feel dirty for playing this card yet again, but I did spend about 10 years either married to or long term dating black women, which as you might imagine meant spending significant amounts of time in t...

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Iowa Bill Introduced to Allow Parental Spying In Classrooms.

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:44 pm 

Replies: 15
Views: 724


kraftiekortie wrote:
I tended to believe in what the more "liberal" teachers were teaching; I don't feel they were overtly seeking to "indoctrinate" me.


I don't know if you've noticed, but liberals today are a bit different than the type you grew up with.

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Trudeau flees as first 1,000 Trucks Arrive in Ottawa

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:42 pm 

Replies: 675
Views: 14,822


Someone who has experienced racism or who is aware the black face image is insulting to their race should not be subject to the image while browsing a thread. Hmm, should I point out that there are no boundaries on this argument as offensiveness is highly subjective, or should I go with the infanti...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Woke Union Busting?

 Post subject: Re: Woke Union Busting?
Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:35 pm 

Replies: 36
Views: 1,482


League_Girl wrote:
I have bigger things to be offended about than pronouns.


Good thing this thread isn't about them then.

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: The problem with "fact checkers".

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:33 pm 

Replies: 29
Views: 1,673


DW_a_mom wrote:
They didn't say "false." They said "mostly false."


But it wasn't false at all, it was entirely true. Besides, are you really trying to argue that a misleading headline is fine?

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: The problem with "fact checkers".

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:32 pm 

Replies: 29
Views: 1,673


Nor have I ever called average readers morons. People have busy lives and have to apply filters and make choices, I get that; it isn't a statement on their intelligence. Which is why I get angry at intentional disinformation. I'm amplifying the implications of what you say; you don't seem to realiz...

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: A US Trucker Convoy To Washington DC Will Begin On March 4th

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:25 pm 

Replies: 37
Views: 1,886


Brictoria wrote:
You mean something like this?
Image


Yup, exactly like that.

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: A US Trucker Convoy To Washington DC Will Begin On March 4th

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:24 pm 

Replies: 37
Views: 1,886


Kraichgauer wrote:
Wasn't much disenfranchised about the Capitol rioters, unless you buy into their argument that middle class white men are discriminated against.


Wow, another complete non-sequitur having no relationship to what I actually said.

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: The problem with "fact checkers".

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:22 pm 

Replies: 29
Views: 1,673


Aren't we talking about people who've actually gone in search of additional details by choosing to look at the fact checks? In other words, the group of readers in this case starts skeptical. You don't think that reality changes the equation? Not when theses "fact checks" are routinely pa...

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: The Sound Of Republican Outrage Is... Crickets.

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:20 pm 

Replies: 20
Views: 1,058


Republican hypocrisy sounds an awful lot like Democratic hypocrisy from where I sit, albeit without so many media shills desperately trying to explain how it's different when they do it.

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: Trudeau flees as first 1,000 Trucks Arrive in Ottawa

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:18 pm 

Replies: 675
Views: 14,822


^^^ IMHO your cartoon is offensive. I know it's trying to make a point, but some images should be allowed to die on the sands of history and never used for any reason. Really? Cartoon blackface making fun of a real politician who wore real blackface is your line? What is your reasoning as to why ca...

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: The problem with "fact checkers".

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 10:16 pm 

Replies: 29
Views: 1,673


Are you assuming that people who read it can't understand the meaning of the context the article provides and, thus, will end up with the wrong impression? Isn't that your rationale for wanting to crack down on "disinformation", the assumption that all these morons who aren't you are too ...

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: The problem with "fact checkers".

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 8:31 pm 

Replies: 29
Views: 1,673


Was just going to post the crack pipe fact check, glad I was beat to it.

 Forum: News and Current Events   Topic: A US Trucker Convoy To Washington DC Will Begin On March 4th

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 8:29 pm 

Replies: 37
Views: 1,886


Hah, if this actually turns into something, I'll happily eat the hypocrisy charge just to watch all the liberals try and weasel their way out of the "protests are supposed to be disruptive", "riots are the voice of the disenfranchised" type rhetoric they've been using all these y...

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: PPR GIFs, cartoons, jokes, funny pictures, etc.

Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 6:54 pm 

Replies: 5,249
Views: 276,860


I think this is actually pretty accurate as far as the flow of ideas, Alinsky envy is a real thing on the right.

Image

 Forum: Politics, Philosophy, and Religion   Topic: Woke Union Busting?

 Post subject: Re: Woke Union Busting?
Posted: 09 Feb 2022, 6:51 pm 

Replies: 36
Views: 1,482


LateStateCapitalism was talking about this earlier. Heh, was it one of those "I knew what it was before I even opened the thread" moments? :lol: Serious no snark question: does the pandering bother you like it bothers me? I'm downright neurotic about it, a naive childhood left me with an ...
Sort by:  
Page 5 of 730 [ Search found 11668 matches ]



Jump to: