Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

07 Mar 2007, 11:10 pm

anyone else really into nikola tesla's theories and inventions?



Dr_Mobius
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 85
Location: United Kingdom

08 Mar 2007, 12:19 pm

Yes, most certainly - I profess to have extensive knowledge of his theories and understanding of his work.



skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

08 Mar 2007, 5:00 pm

what do you think of his theory that females will eventually dominate society?



he was already wrong on eugenics (which was popular around his time). and probably wrong about vegetarianism.



TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,011
Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

08 Mar 2007, 11:15 pm

Yeah here is another Tesla fan. Another member I PM some in the past was also a fan
of Tesla.

I'm an inventor to though not very productive. Something I read that got me thinking Tesla was an aspie was he had an obession with the number 3 I had the same obession
at 13-14 years old in which I though it had some special meaning to me. Technically thats more a Schizotypal personality disorder trait.

I have a book on his turbine and thought of building one in the past.

The Y chromosome is quite small and some have theorised that in as little as 100,000 years it could be so small that it would not be needed for reproduction. Which means
from an evolutinary point of veiw men could certainly be weeded out not just made the
less dominate sex.



skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

09 Mar 2007, 12:57 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
Yeah here is another Tesla fan. Another member I PM some in the past was also a fan
of Tesla.

I'm an inventor to though not very productive. Something I read that got me thinking Tesla was an aspie was he had an obession with the number 3 I had the same obession
at 13-14 years old in which I though it had some special meaning to me. Technically thats more a Schizotypal personality disorder trait.

I have a book on his turbine and thought of building one in the past.

The Y chromosome is quite small and some have theorised that in as little as 100,000 years it could be so small that it would not be needed for reproduction. Which means
from an evolutinary point of veiw men could certainly be weeded out not just made the
less dominate sex.


technically speaking, everyone starts out as female in the initial design of the fetus and it changes to male as the genes develop and show dominance/whatever is the correct term for things actually developing and appearing.


and tesla is still horribly wrong on eugenics......he fell victim to popular sciences of his time. shame....i always hoped he was above that. guess no one is.



TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,011
Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

09 Mar 2007, 2:07 am

skafather84 wrote:

and tesla is still horribly wrong on eugenics......he fell victim to popular sciences of his time. shame....i always hoped he was above that. guess no one is.


I do not know much about his thoughts on eugenics. I just like him as he was a great
inventor.



skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

09 Mar 2007, 5:08 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

and tesla is still horribly wrong on eugenics......he fell victim to popular sciences of his time. shame....i always hoped he was above that. guess no one is.


I do not know much about his thoughts on eugenics. I just like him as he was a great
inventor.



i always looked at him as more than simply an inventor and more of a visionary ahead of his time...i mean there are still theories and inventions that we are making today that were from his early ideas.


....who knows...maybe the free electricity device he created was real and the government is holding on to it until after the oil is all gone?



Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 May 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,448
Location: Victoria, BC

09 Mar 2007, 10:47 am

I'm a bit of a Tesla fan. That guy was damn cool.


As far as vegetarianism goes. We can't really meet the logistics of all this meat we eat. It takes up an incredible amount of energy.

It may be, that the future lies in insects. If you think about it, from an evolutionary stand point we as humans should probably be eating more of them.

Apparently, some of them can be pretty tasty (Crickets taste like shrimp supposedly)

Off topic that a bit.


_________________
I don't think you get it


skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,848
Location: New Orleans, LA

10 Mar 2007, 7:00 am

Xuincherguixe wrote:
I'm a bit of a Tesla fan. That guy was damn cool.


As far as vegetarianism goes. We can't really meet the logistics of all this meat we eat. It takes up an incredible amount of energy.

It may be, that the future lies in insects. If you think about it, from an evolutionary stand point we as humans should probably be eating more of them.

Apparently, some of them can be pretty tasty (Crickets taste like shrimp supposedly)

Off topic that a bit.



i think the meat we consume is the least of our energy worries.

food in general is more of an energy worry....think of all those trucks burning fuel to get that fresh ceasar salad to you....or whatever food you wish to put in place of ceaser salad. that's a lot of gas burned....and those trucks are not fuel efficient or economically sound in any way. fuel efficient consumer vehicles do nothing when there are many more trucks that carry every and anything to us in fuel guzzling trucks.


not to mention in general, we've yet to come up with a solid replacement for oil in terms of electrical energy. wind power doesn't work, hydro power barely generates enough and there aren't enough sources for it to be reliable for a massive amount of people, solar panels are not nearly efficient enough to be considered to be a replacement for regular power, nuclear power is quite possibly our best option except for meltdowns and radiation and radioactive waste...but then again, there are animals in chrenople now that are resistant to radiation and have mutated genes that allow them to cope with the current levels without developing massive cancers or 5th legs.

but back on topic.....vegetarianism is the least of our worries and i think tesla was wrong there....just like he was wrong with eugenics (the way he even spoke of eugenics reeks of the false sciences of the time). but then again, i realize that mainly because i'm reading the mismeasure of man and the book covers that time period...as well as a few before and a few modern ones.



Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,014
Location: New Orleans

17 Mar 2007, 8:50 pm

I have read a great deal written about Tesla, and have most of what he wrote. They do not match.

There was a smear job done. It had to do with money.

I am working on a book, I have no evidence that Tesla said anything about eugenics, and I have a very good original collection from the period. Could you tell me where and when this eugenics story comes from?

Tesla was too involved in his work to even consider people. Much of his work is still undone. There are things he patented, exibited, that have not been done since. Having been burned on patents, he kept knowledge to himself, but let on here and there what he was seeing. A word to the wise is sufficent.

I have been trying to sort history, to build a vision of Tesla's thought, and find later writers not at all helpful. Scandel mongering dogs, peddlers of filth, mental midgets. They were also not very good writers.

Tesla was correct about women. He was also correct about the nature of energy, he was correct about the path of human development, and as many have learned recently, as their patent applications were rejected, Tesla patented modern computers in the early 1900s. He described the Internet. It is only the beginning.

I do not know one place he was wrong. Others have tried to overthrow his wave theory, but it will not die.
Science has been stagnant, physics can be explained in lesser ways, which leads to electric meters and gasoline. Who slandered Tesla, and imported experts to create half theories that have kept the meter and gas pump making others rich?

Tesla did not just talk, he built, showed, and when attacked, took it apart, and never built again. He quit!

I do admire the man. He had an unequaled view of reality and shared it for a while.

A hundred years has passed, and we have not caught up to where he stood, and if he was back now he would have the same problems. The world does not want to advance, it wants to control.



olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,849
Location: Fairview Heights Illinois

22 Jun 2014, 1:48 am

I'm very late here I know, but I agree with Inventor.