Page 325 of 355 [ 5675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 322, 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328 ... 355  Next

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 7:10 pm

The first 3 episodes of Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 1:10 am

West World.
Luke Cage.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 1:41 pm

We're watching Bones.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 5:03 pm

The Art Collectors

An episode of 'The Saint' from 30 July 1967. Two gangs, one German and the other Russian, scheme to rob a rich woman living in France of three Leonardo Da Vinci paintings. As usual, things are not what they seem, and the woman (played by Ann Bell) turns out to be the daughter of a German general who had looted the paintings from the Soviet Union in WW2, the German group are his former colleagues, and the Russian 'gang' are acting on behalf of the Hermitage art gallery in Leningrad to recover their property.

This series was always primarily escapism, and not to be taken seriously, but I'm convinced that the longer it went on, the more absurd it became. Ann Bell's overacting in particular is something to behold.

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2022, 1:02 am

Long Way Down, with Charley Boorman and Ewan McGregor. Episode 2.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 1:36 am

Better Call Saul.
Luke Cage.
Mind Over Murder.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 5:35 pm

The Best Laid Schemes

Episode of 'The Saint' from 2 March 1968. Quite different from the other episodes I've seen in recent weeks, in that this one is played straight down the middle, with no 'camping it up' type of stuff, and it makes a pleasant change. Here Templar investigates the death of a sea captain, and various shenanigans that may or may not be going on with a rival fishing fleet and also among his own family. Needless to say, the pair behind the dastardly deed are only revealed in the closing minutes, and needless to say as well, I didn't suspect them. Stars Sylvia Syms and Gabrielle Drake (whom I didn't recognize).

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 3:37 pm

Basement wrote:

Did you watch Long Way Round with those two? I thought that was better but they are both good.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 3:40 pm

Blake's 7 episode 4.6 Headhunter.

That episode just reminds me of the Terminator, surely someone watched it and was inspired to write the Terminator :idea: Avon even says 'I'll be back' :lol: :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:14 pm

What We Do In The Shadows.
Luke Cage.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:30 pm

The Death Game

Episode of 'The Saint' from 21 May 1967 (USA release date, presumably earlier in UK). A German 'Doctor Evil' type character recruits students from all over the world, by testing out their abilities in a fantasy killing game, then turning them into the real thing.

This starts off incongruously as an Avengers rip off, with some almost surreal goings on in fogbound London, but the action then relocates to Switzerland, where the plot becomes more conventional. Entertaining as ever, if this sort of thing is your scene, but utter tosh at the same time. Dr Evil's female assistant is a typical 1960s caricature of a young German woman.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 10:11 pm

The Rehearsal - S1E1

Wow --- So freaky.
We're tag-team watching this online.

I have severe face blindness so I'm VERY confused but I like it.

What a great premise, and amazing people.
The men both seem to be autistic with serious anxiety disorders.

The HBO series features Fielder as the director of “rehearsals,” elaborately staged scenarios re-creating parts of ordinary people's lives that are meant to help them prepare for something: maybe a confession they must make to a close friend, or what a difficult life choice might look like once they embark on it.

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jul 2022, 2:49 am

KitLily wrote:
Basement wrote:

Did you watch Long Way Round with those two? I thought that was better but they are both good.

Yes, but I watched Long Way Up (electric bikes) first. LWR had some tough moments, particularly Mongolia.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 4:30 am

Basement wrote:
Yes, but I watched Long Way Up (electric bikes) first. LWR had some tough moments, particularly Mongolia.

There's a Long Way Up??? I didn't know that! I preferred Long Way Round because it was very tough, and didn't have Ewan's wife in it! She spoilt Long Way Down IMO because she couldn't ride a bike so they had to waste time teaching her.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2022, 6:23 pm

MIT: Murder Investigation Team, Series 1, Episode 5 Red Heads (31 May 2003)

A creepy necrophiliac who has an obsession with red-haired women is investigated by the team for a recent murder. His guilt seems obvious, but he's about to walk free when a star witness turns up in the form of a maggot from his fridge - he'd taken it from the corpse of his victim and kept it in his fridge as bait for his fishing sessions, but analysis of its gut contents reveal that they originate from her body. Solid enough drama, if you can stomach the subject matter (no pun intended), but as usual for this series, hardly top-drawer stuff.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2022, 7:18 pm

latest seaon of stranger things.

it had one of the best season finales i've ever seen. especially the metallica scene!

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."