Page 326 of 355 [ 5680 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 323, 324, 325, 326, 327, 328, 329 ... 355  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2022, 5:56 pm

MIT: Murder Investigation Team, Series 1, episode 7 Models and Millionaires (14 June 2003)

A glamour model is brutally murdered and her decomposing body is found in the River Thames several days later. The killer is apprehended and confesses, but the organizer of the dastardly deed (her husband) is too clever for the police, and evades justice. The first episode of this series in which the team fails to nail all the villains. The husband is played by Gary Kemp, who played the role of Reg Kray in the 1990 movie The Krays, and was a member of the 1980s 'New Romantic' pop group Spandau Ballet.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 7:01 pm

4 episodes of Coronation Street from the first half of September 1983.

The opening night of the Graffiti Club on Rosamund Street is marred by rowdy arguments - it's a select affair for the chosen few, but a group of employees at Mike Baldwin's factory, plus Fred Gee, try to gatecrash it, and are unceremoniously turned away by the manager and his bouncers. Jack and Vera Duckworth move into number 11 Coronation Street and hold a tacky housewarming party. Brian Tilsley is under intense pressure as he tries to make a go of his garage business, and tensions rise as wife Gail fails her driving test.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 7:11 pm

Watching Atlanta series. It's quite funny.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 2:26 am

only fools and horses
going to rewatch some "all in the best possible taste" kenny everett

ohno....

Basement
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2022, 1:40 pm

KitLily wrote:
Basement wrote:
Yes, but I watched Long Way Up (electric bikes) first. LWR had some tough moments, particularly Mongolia.

There's a Long Way Up??? I didn't know that! I preferred Long Way Round because it was very tough, and didn't have Ewan's wife in it! She spoilt Long Way Down IMO because she couldn't ride a bike so they had to waste time teaching her.

Long Way Up is fairly recent (Sept 2020) was made by Apple TV, so the previous series are on there. Just finished the Sudan episode of LWD.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 7:08 pm

Death In Deep Water

Episode of 'Thriller', broadcast in the UK on 22 May 1976. The last episode of the final series, and it goes out with a bang, because this was excellent. An American actor called Bradford Dillman plays a gangster on the run with a price on his head. He ends up somewhere in England's West Country, where he meets a mysterious woman, played by Suzan Farmer, who lures him to his death, but that's not the end of it, unfortunately for her. The plot is very complex, but really well executed, and I'm giving this 9+ out of 10.

Notes: Suzan Farmer is the actress who had a starring role in Hammer's Dracula, Prince of Darkness from 1966. She had clearly kept in good shape since then. The assassin hired to kill Dillman's character made me laugh - he looked a bit like the ridiculous right-wing satirist Auberon Waugh, son of novelist Evelyn Waugh, the most unlikely hitman you could imagine!

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 8:50 pm

Two episodes of Coronation Street from the second half of September 1983.

Brian Tilsley decides to sell his garage business, which he's only had for two or three months, because he's struggling to make ends meet, but his wife Gail, his mother Ivy, and local tycoon Mike Baldwin all tell him he's making a big mistake. Hilda Ogden's money from her inheritance arrives, and she treats herself and Stan to an expensive meal at a French restaurant.

It's another opportunity for the middle class scriptwriters to snigger at the ignorance of working class people of that era in matters of food, dining out, and so on. They did exactly the same a decade earlier when Jerry Booth took Mavis Riley to an Italian restaurant. Hilda is dumbfounded by the menu, which is in French, but even when the waiter explains it in English, poor old Stan still can't understand a word of it!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 2:55 am

West World.
Iron Fist.
Becoming Elizabeth.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2022, 5:49 pm

Two episodes of Coronation Street from the last week of September 1983.

Ken Barlow, out of work since losing his job with the local authority, is offered the editorship of the Weatherfield Recorder after the departure of Pam Mitchell. This is conditional on his investing in a one third share of the business in partnership with the owner, Mr Statham, which will cost him all of his redundancy money and most of his life savings.

Brian Tilsley decides not to sell his business, but to sell his house instead and move back into his parents' house with Gail and their son. Eddie Yeats's girlfriend Marion announces that she's expecting a baby.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 8:36 am

Four episodes of Coronation Street from the first half of October 1983.

Oh dear - the show is in a real trough right now! There's a lot of stuff based around the upcoming shotgun wedding of Eddie Yeats and Marion Willis, but it's all a bit repetitive and tiresome: This pair are likeable enough as peripheral characters, but not really sufficiently interesting for this sort of treatment. Elsewhere it's even worse, as Emily Bishop organizes an 'Autumn Fayre' with the assistance of Mavis Riley, Fred Gee and Percy Sugden, all of whom get upon one another's nerves. Victor Pendlebury turns up at the event, and the homemade pottery he has brought to sell is used in a projectile-throwing game and is smashed to pieces. Interesting to note that a cup of coffee was 7 pence (£0.07) here, and a cup of tea 5 pence.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 10:40 am

Just watched a documentary on iplayer. Made in the early 1970's called The Block. Documenting the lives of ordinary folk living in complete squalor through no fault of their own. Forced abortions, kids being taken into care. Not being able to make ends meet. Having to choose between paying rent, food, or heating.

It was the most depressing thing I've ever watched.

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

27 Jul 2022, 3:03 pm

First three episodes of the Arabic language drama "Black Crowes". It explores day to day life of fictional members of ISIS and those dealing with their abuse.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 6:21 pm

Two episodes of Coronation Street from mid-October 1983.

Marion's snobby mother turns up to run the rule over Eddie as his mother-in-law to be. She wants the wedding to be in church in suburban Bury, where she lives, not in a back street of Manchester, but Eddie puts his foot down and tells her otherwise, much to the satisfaction of Marion. She still hasn't found out that he works as a council refuse collector and has done time in Walton jail though!

Alf Roberts's MG breaks down in Bolton, but is fixed at the roadside by a young man who turns out to be Kevin Webster, who is still in the show to this day, as far as I know.

The Eddie and Marion storyline makes up the greater part of the episodes, but thank goodness for some light relief from Rita and Mavis behind the counter at the Kabin:

Rita: "Now then, what about these chocolate Father Christmases?"

Mavis: "Oooooer, you know how I feel about them..."

Rita: "No I don't".

Mavis: "Yes you do. I remember saying last year when we were doing the Christmas order....well, in my opinion there's something not quite nice about them...."

Rita: "What's wrong with 'em? They're a good make. Don't they taste nice or summat?"

Mavis: "Oooo, I'm not talking about the taste...well, it's the lack of taste...I mean, don't you see, there's something wrong about eating Father Christmas, it seems like cannibalism."

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2022, 7:08 pm

What We Do In The Shadows.
Iron Fist.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 5:54 pm

Three episodes of Coronation Street from late October 1983.

On the eve of Eddie and Marion's wedding, Fred Gee taunts Eddie at his stag evening about Marion being pregnant, which results in a fight between the two. Marion then tells her mother the news, to prevent her finding out from someone else. The wedding goes ahead without any further problems.

There's tension in the Duckworth household owing to Jack's laziness and his reluctance to contribute to the family finances. Vera threatens to throw him out, and son Terry tells Jack he'll spill the beans on the latter's extra-marital capers if he doesn't pull his weight.

The Tilsleys have sold their house, and Brian can now afford to take on an assistant at the garage - it turns out to be 18 year old Kevin Webster, who upsets Ivy Tilsley on his first day in the job.

Spunge42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2022, 1:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
What We Do In The Shadows.
Iron Fist.

Are you enjoying what we do in the shadows? I keep stopping on it everytime I'm searching for something to watch but have been on the fence about it.

Also, what do you think about the new Westworld? I'm waiting till it's all been aired so I can binge it. Or is it finished yet? :|

And I've been watching cafe minamdang.

"I sat with my anger long enough, until she told me her real name was grief."