Orochimaru 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 14

salad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2013, 10:48 pm

Orochimaru is the villain from Naruto:

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Orochimaru

and we all know Tom Riddle, aka Voldemort. From these 2 who do you think ranks as the better villain and why?

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 2:57 am

I know Orochimaru, but not Voldemort, sadly.

But I vote Neither.

Ryuunosuke/Caster from Fate/Zero.

Author/Writer

salad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2013, 11:21 am

Zodai wrote:
I know Orochimaru, but not Voldemort, sadly.

But I vote Neither.

Ryuunosuke/Caster from Fate/Zero.

I was expecting it to be the other way around sadly, where people were more aware of voldemort than orochimaru. but oh well

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jan 2013, 9:59 pm

I know both and pick the Dark Lord.

Orochimaru is just a freak trying to live forever. All his plans are just to get a kids body. Not really super villain level. Tobe on the other hand would beat the Dark lord.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 8:04 pm

Darkone101 wrote:

Orochimaru is just a freak trying to live forever. All his plans are just to get a kids body. Not really super villain level. Tobe on the other hand would beat the Dark lord.

I'm done with people disrespecting Orochimaru as a villain. Orochimaru was and has always been the greatest villain in history. Do not underrate him. What has he done:

1. created a village of loyal subordinates who worship him with immense zeal

2. Killed the 4th Kazekage and tricked Sunagakure into invading Konoha

3. Completed Edo Tensei

4. Was feared by everybody in Konoha

5. Discovered the secrets of the Sage and predicted that EMS can evolve into the Rinnegan, something only Madara was able to discover.

the list goes on.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jan 2013, 9:50 pm

salad wrote:
Darkone101 wrote:

I'm done with people disrespecting Orochimaru as a villain. Orochimaru was and has always been the greatest villain in history. Do not underrate him. What has he done:

3. Completed Edo Tensei

5. Discovered the secrets of the Sage and predicted that EMS can evolve into the Rinnegan, something only Madara was able to discover.

the list goes on.

Lets break this down.
1: The village of the sound was nothing more then a lab where he turned kids into weapons(ones that lost) the Darklord ruled over a country.
2: he did not kill the kazekage again that was Kimimaro,a kid. The Darklord killed many a powerful wizard.

3: so has Tobi, Nagato and Kabuto. The Dark lord does not just have the same power but found a way to live forever (he even housed him self in a kid as a fluke)

4: Darklord was feared all over the world. Not a single person in the magical world did not know anout him. most of the village did not even know who Orochimaru was. Hack even Itachi was more known and feared.

5:Dark lord knew of more forbidden arts then Orochimaru dreamed about. Just about every high level ninja knew about sage mode and were free to follow that path (all the toad stones?) even though Orochimaru knew about the snake sage he did not have the guts to follow the path. Orochimaru was not the only one to think about the eyes evolving(hell all Uchiha knew they could)

salad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2013, 9:47 pm

Darkone101 wrote:
salad wrote:
Darkone101 wrote:

3. Completed Edo Tensei

the list goes on.

Lets break this down.
1: The village of the sound was nothing more then a lab where he turned kids into weapons(ones that lost) the Darklord ruled over a country.
2: he did not kill the kazekage again that was Kimimaro,a kid. The Darklord killed many a powerful wizard.

3: so has Tobi, Nagato and Kabuto. The Dark lord does not just have the same power but found a way to live forever (he even housed him self in a kid as a fluke)

4: Darklord was feared all over the world. Not a single person in the magical world did not know anout him. most of the village did not even know who Orochimaru was. Hack even Itachi was more known and feared.

5:Dark lord knew of more forbidden arts then Orochimaru dreamed about. Just about every high level ninja knew about sage mode and were free to follow that path (all the toad stones?) even though Orochimaru knew about the snake sage he did not have the guts to follow the path. Orochimaru was not the only one to think about the eyes evolving(hell all Uchiha knew they could)

yesterdays chapter proved that orochimaru=best villain.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 3:53 am

salad wrote:
Darkone101 wrote:
salad wrote:
Darkone101 wrote:

3. Completed Edo Tensei

the list goes on.

Lets break this down.

yesterdays chapter proved that orochimaru=best villain.
I might have to go with Salad on this one lets not forget Orochimaru mastered the reanimation jitsu meaning he can bring back the dead and control them at will the only way to stop the fighters he reanimates is either free their soals or bind them.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2013, 11:08 am

Yesterday we found out a "kid" again saved his life. Between the time he "died" and now he some how learned about the mask and the powers of a jutsu he only faced once, the writing for that is eh. I am more interested in why kakashi killed his friend.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 2:18 pm

Darkone101 wrote:
Yesterday we found out a "kid" again saved his life. Between the time he "died" and now he some how learned about the mask and the powers of a jutsu he only faced once, the writing for that is eh. I am more interested in why kakashi killed his friend.

Actually we found out that Orochimaru>99.9% of the Naruto world.

only edo madara can rival orochimaru at this point. who else can fight a full powered orchimaru with his arms and 4 edo hokages at his disposal?? only madara, and that's it.

Darkone101
Toucan
Toucan

02 Feb 2013, 5:21 pm

naruto And sasuke(kids) will do the deed we all know it.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2013, 10:50 pm

Darkone101 wrote:
naruto And sasuke(kids) will do the deed we all know it.

orochimaru>>>>>>>naruto

deal with it

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 4:47 am

In no way are those two in the top 100 villains of all time let alone top two.

Tensu
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 10:46 pm

I'm not at all a fan of either franchise, and neither villain would make my top 100, but I'll way in none the less.

Both villains are trying to cheat death, but for different reasons.

Orochimaru is curious: he wants to see every single jutsu that can possibly be done. I would probably feel the same way if I lived in his world, though I wouldn't go to his extremes.

Voldemort, as I understand, is simply afraid to die.

Orochimaru is a man with an actual ambition.

Voldemort is just a coward.

Maybe Voldemort is the more powerful of the two, I wouldn't know enough about either franchise to say. But he's not a more interesting character than Orochimaru, and thus loses this context.

Philosoraptor
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Feb 2013, 12:01 pm

I have never seen Naruto, but I do believe Voldemort is not a particularly interesting villain. He has a back-story, but it does not seem to really psychologically capture why he is such a bad egg. "He is just evil" never cuts it for me. It's never that simple in real life, and it shouldn't be in fiction either.

As such, I'll abstain from voting.

salad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:28 pm

thewrll wrote:
In no way are those two in the top 100 villains of all time let alone top two.

please don't make me laugh.