Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

KurtmanJP
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 690
Location: Ramona, California

13 Feb 2007, 3:06 pm

I only like bizarre, satirical anime like Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo and Excel Saga. Those make my get hysterical with laughter.


_________________
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
- Hunter S. Thompson


LAK
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 14 Oct 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 6
Location: Finland

14 Feb 2007, 6:45 am

Few of what I like..

Elfen Lied - All the gore excluded, this is amazingly beautiful
Neon Genesis Evangelion - The one that introduced me to anime, great show
ALL Miyazaki films.
Azumanga Daioh - Bizarre, very bizarre, but hilarious!
And of course Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop...

I saw that no one else mentioned Elfen Lied so I'd suggest you give it a go.

Oh oh! And Grave of the Fireflies! the first anime that made me cry :oops:



Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,935
Location: Newberg, OR

14 Feb 2007, 12:35 pm

I've come across many in my time, many that people don't even know of on here.

so I'll just say whatere I come across.

Oh and question.

What is Full Metal Panic? how is it related to FMA?


_________________
I want peace for all. Simple yet elegant.


Space
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Apr 2006
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,082

14 Feb 2007, 12:36 pm

I really liked Ninja scroll, akira, cowboy bebop, trigun, ghost in the shell... but I haven't watched any anime for several years. All the anime on TV seems like it's for kids, and I can't get into it.



666
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 7 Nov 2005
Gender: Female
Posts: 345

15 Feb 2007, 6:59 pm

The lack of non-licensed anime in this thread makes me sad. So much great anime never gets licensed; you guys are really missing out! The last few series I watched were Renkin San-kyuu Magical Pokan, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Rozen Maiden. And yeah, I know Haruhi's licensed now, but it wasn't when I watched it.



gloomywtregret
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2006
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 118
Location: Wherever I don't want to be

16 Feb 2007, 7:41 pm

I like anime to some extent...less now than I used too.



nitro2k01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 173

16 Feb 2007, 8:01 pm

I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion, and it got me hooked. (I'm 21, just saw my first animé, but hey it's never too late)
Next up are:
Ghost in the Shell
Bleach
Tokyo Underground
Naruto (I KNOW! But I want to see a few episodes to see what's it all about)
X
Battle Programmer Shirase

The last two or less common, and I have yet to find them.
So anybody who has seen any of these, please give me comments. Are they good choices?



Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,662

16 Feb 2007, 11:42 pm

nitro2k01 wrote:
I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion, and it got me hooked. (I'm 21, just saw my first animé, but hey it's never too late)
Next up are:
Ghost in the Shell
Bleach
Tokyo Underground
Naruto (I KNOW! But I want to see a few episodes to see what's it all about)
X
Battle Programmer Shirase

The last two or less common, and I have yet to find them.
So anybody who has seen any of these, please give me comments. Are they good choices?


Hey Narutos not all kiddish, stick with it for about 15 episodes until you meet Haku then you will realize how serious it can be. Haku and Gaara kick some serious butt! Also if you want more serious animes try to get .hack//sign, one of the best serious ones though a bit boring at times. Tsukasa is such an aspie though.


_________________
"we never get respect ... never a fair trial
[swearing removed by lau] ... as long as we smile"
Im tired of smiling.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D


Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jan 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,217
Location: Laramie, WY

17 Feb 2007, 11:34 am

Endersdragon wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:
I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion, and it got me hooked. (I'm 21, just saw my first animé, but hey it's never too late)
Next up are:
Ghost in the Shell
Bleach
Tokyo Underground
Naruto (I KNOW! But I want to see a few episodes to see what's it all about)
X
Battle Programmer Shirase

The last two or less common, and I have yet to find them.
So anybody who has seen any of these, please give me comments. Are they good choices?


Hey Narutos not all kiddish, stick with it for about 15 episodes until you meet Haku then you will realize how serious it can be. Haku and Gaara kick some serious butt! Also if you want more serious animes try to get .hack//sign, one of the best serious ones though a bit boring at times. Tsukasa is such an aspie though.


Gaara is one nasty SOB...


_________________
"Yeah, so this one time, I tried playing poker with tarot cards... got a full house, and about four people died." ~ Unknown comedian

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.


Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,662

17 Feb 2007, 1:37 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
Endersdragon wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:
I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion, and it got me hooked. (I'm 21, just saw my first animé, but hey it's never too late)
Next up are:
Ghost in the Shell
Bleach
Tokyo Underground
Naruto (I KNOW! But I want to see a few episodes to see what's it all about)
X
Battle Programmer Shirase

The last two or less common, and I have yet to find them.
So anybody who has seen any of these, please give me comments. Are they good choices?


Hey Narutos not all kiddish, stick with it for about 15 episodes until you meet Haku then you will realize how serious it can be. Haku and Gaara kick some serious butt! Also if you want more serious animes try to get .hack//sign, one of the best serious ones though a bit boring at times. Tsukasa is such an aspie though.


Gaara is one nasty SOB...


Have you watched it past what they have out in the US, I have about a season or so, he changes a bit though I haven't seen how much yet. He defientally has an interesting story like Naruto's.


_________________
"we never get respect ... never a fair trial
[swearing removed by lau] ... as long as we smile"
Im tired of smiling.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D


Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jan 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,217
Location: Laramie, WY

17 Feb 2007, 2:08 pm

I've gotten to where he fights Sasuke in the forest. There's another episode on tonight.


_________________
"Yeah, so this one time, I tried playing poker with tarot cards... got a full house, and about four people died." ~ Unknown comedian

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.


Endersdragon
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,662

17 Feb 2007, 2:14 pm

Roxas_XIII wrote:
I've gotten to where he fights Sasuke in the forest. There's another episode on tonight.


Okay I won't spoil it for you though the next 2 fights kick serious ***.


_________________
"we never get respect ... never a fair trial
[swearing removed by lau] ... as long as we smile"
Im tired of smiling.

Vote for me in 2020 :-D


Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,341

17 Feb 2007, 3:01 pm

I've never gotten into anime, or manga.



Selo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 353
Location: MD

17 Feb 2007, 5:30 pm

While I do enjoy some other anime, Shadow Star Narutaru is my absolute favorite. It's a lot like Neon Genesis Evangelion, only with alien dragons instead of giant robots. I'm also in love with the manga, but the anime has its own charm. It only spans half of the manga series in 13 episodes because the latter plots are a little *too* bloddy for TV, but for anyone who has the stomach to handle the disturbing themes in the last few episodes, I highly recommend it.

As for everything else... I used to watch Naruto, but I missed several episodes over the course of summer vacation, so I've given up trying to catch up to the plotline. I'm happy just reading the manga in the occasional issue of Shonen Jump. I have the first four volumes of Death Note and Fruits Basket, but I'm too broke to buy more. I also have 1 - 5 of Tokyo Mew Mew, and that's all I can remember.



Starscream
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2007
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 191
Location: The Planet Cybertron, Bazinga!

20 Feb 2007, 5:46 am

Anime'

Transformers
Dragonball
Dragonball-Z
Dragonball-GT
Hellsing
Evangelion
Nadesico
Yu Gi Oh
Yu Gi Oh GX(japanese version only due to BAD 4kids dub)
Fist Of The North Star
the Street Fighter Movies
Ghost In The Shell
Akira

Manga(i currently collect)
Dragonball
Trigun Maxium



IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,801
Location: The Gem State

25 Feb 2007, 1:33 pm

Anime is my special interest. I've been watching it for years.

Current obsessions:

One Piece (even the dub!)

Naruto

Hellsing (mostly the manga, but the Ultimate anime series is good too)

Trinity Blood

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

Potential Obsessions:

Dragonball (not sure which one to watch...)

Trigun

Past Obsessions:

Inuyasha

Rurouni Kenshin

Card Captor Sakura

Pokemon

Digimon (1st season was the best in my opinion)