Page 1147 of 1184 [ 18934 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1144, 1145, 1146, 1147, 1148, 1149, 1150 ... 1184  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 8:24 am

The Book of Eli
fun

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 12:31 pm

Pet Sematery

Good grief - The things we do for our kids.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 2:56 pm

The Adam Project.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 6:41 pm

Starting The Big Chill

Missing my Tilly

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 7:35 pm

Pin (1988)

I had assumed that this would be something to do with the 'Pinhead' series, but no, it's a rather strange psychological horror thriller. The plot is pretty ludicrous and the film is often compared with Hitchcock's Psycho, though I thought it had more in common with the Amityville series. The ending is confusing as well - I had to read an IMDB review to work out what might have been going on.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 7:54 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
DeepHour wrote:
^ My cousin knew Tony Wilson, lol.

OMG! Tell me the stories! He's my sister's hero. 8)

I'm not sure I've ever met my cousin - if I did, it would have been in the 1960s, and all I can remember is her name. Anyway, she was part of an all-girl pop group in the Manchester area in the 1980s, and it was then that she came into contact with Tony Wilson, as did practically everyone else in the Manchester music scene during that decade.

From what I can gather at second and third hand from relatives, she thought Wilson was a bit of a slimeball. Not certain why, but it's a fair guess that he might have expected 'favours' from the girls in return for promoting the group.

I don't think they ever got anywhere. I've googled them several times over the years, and can find no trace of their existence online.

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 12:21 am

Blow Up 4/6 , artsy movie....not for me

Photographer notice someone has been killed in a park when he blows up a photo , ending is bizarre....before that he randomly goes all over the place

Trachea
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Sep 2022, 7:36 am

Ghibli movie The Red Turtle, I dont like it, I think I hate it actually. This is the third time I tried to watch it, I've never made it through. I don't often have very strong negative opinions on films, maybe twice a year I see something I really dont like. I wanted to like it because of the animation is so pretty at times but it has a couple really horiffic scenes to me and I HATE the main character and all that he does and don't understand why the main character gets rewarded after being so horrible and stupid.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 7:39 am

Nope.

It was weird and they mumbled something chronic but I liked it.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 8:53 am

Erased
fine

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 9:51 am

Last night we watched:

Archive [2020]
<=>"Death is Not the End"

Good. Not great but good. Visually polished and very watchable.

More tone than story...and the story is subtle.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 3:10 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

I'm not sure I've ever met my cousin - if I did, it would have been in the 1960s, and all I can remember is her name. Anyway, she was part of an all-girl pop group in the Manchester area in the 1980s, and it was then that she came into contact with Tony Wilson, as did practically everyone else in the Manchester music scene during that decade.

From what I can gather at second and third hand from relatives, she thought Wilson was a bit of a slimeball. Not certain why, but it's a fair guess that he might have expected 'favours' from the girls in return for promoting the group.

I don't think they ever got anywhere. I've googled them several times over the years, and can find no trace of their existence online.

Bear with me, a bit talked out....will respond properly later. :)

Film I watched: Turbo.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 3:13 pm

Ferris Bueller's Day Off. A good antidote to all the mourning of the Queen going on around here now.

It was as funny as I remember. Ferris and Cameron are such a good double act, and all the minor part actors are perfect.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 4:33 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Nope.

It was weird and they mumbled something chronic but I liked it.

As did I. I can't wait to see what Jordan Peele does next.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 9:06 am

KitLily wrote:
Ferris Bueller's Day Off. A good antidote to all the mourning of the Queen going on around here now.

It was as funny as I remember. Ferris and Cameron are such a good double act, and all the minor part actors are perfect.

Agreed

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 5:17 pm

DeepHour wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
DeepHour wrote:

That sounds about right...him being a slimeball! :lol:

It's sad your cousin's band didn't get promoted by him. His input might have put them on the map.

Are you familiar with Jon Savage? I've met him and Stephen Morris at the Joy Division film premiere. He was part of the Madchester crowd. A very charming gentleman.

Film I watched: BTS Permission to Dance.