I kindly ask to be able to be deleted from the Forum

Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 5:16 pm

Your English isn't as bad as you think.

Perhaps it might be an idea to create new threads, discussing whatever you like.

Or if you're finding it hard to connect with English-speaking people on a mostly English-speaking site, couldn't you find a forum that is in your language, if there is any?

But don't let that discourage you from still coming here and posting if you like to.

Diagnosed with ADHD
Have RSD (Rejection Sensitivity Dysphoria)
Have Anxiety Disorder
Diagnosed with mild ASD but I don't identify as autistic

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 5:43 pm

Radish wrote:
My advice is... keep posting and joining in. Your English is excellent.

Thanks for your kind compliment.

The important thing you understand me, because I realize I'm not good.

You are Maybe English I see UK, and yours is a sincere encouragement, thank you!

(Grazie mille)

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

05 Dec 2022, 5:48 pm

Da_Zero_A_Dieci, per favore controlla tuoi PM.

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 6:03 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Your English isn't as bad as you think.

Perhaps it might be an idea to create new threads, discussing whatever you like.

Or if you're finding it hard to connect with English-speaking people on a mostly English-speaking site, couldn't you find a forum that is in your language, if there is any?

But don't let that discourage you from still coming here and posting if you like to.

Hi and thanks for your encouragement!

Yes, there are several Asperger Forums.

The most important we created it in 2011 and tested in pre-Alpha version, Alpha version, and then after we put in Beta version, then fixed the Bugs.
Corrected the Italian version of the Aspie Quiz of those years.

I participated in the decision of the forum logo, and, my choice is the current one after 11 years of operation.

I've posted a thousand times.

But I got out when they wanted to change and access neurotypical individuals.

By distorting the Forum itself.

Based on this, the idea of ​​this Forum gave genesis to our then.

This is from 2004.
There are so many groups, but there are too many non-autistic individuals in those too.

thank you so much!

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 6:07 pm

Cornflake wrote:
Da_Zero_A_Dieci, per favore controlla tuoi PM.

I do it immediately

Thank you!

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 6:55 pm

I take a few lines of space to thank everyone.

You are beautiful people.

Sorry because having no feedback I didn't understand how much I was able to communicate, now yes, thanks to your posts, you have allowed me to understand many things, and encouraged, as well as helped with the mp.

I decided to stay .

Thank you Cornflakes, for your encouragement and support.

Sorry I took up too much space.

But then it turned out to be useful in making me understand many things, I tend to be very demanding and hard towards myself and I would have decided differently.

The thread made me think better, understand, taught me things, and the final decision was the opposite of what I would have taken otherwise.

(Thank you)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 7:40 pm

Da_Zero_A_Dieci, I'm glad you decided to stay. I hope you find people here to be suitably patient with you and I hope you are suitably patient with us...

Off Topic
...because the following joke contains much truth:

>>- What do you call someone who speaks three languages? "Trilingual".

>>- What do you call someone who speaks two languages? "Bilingual".

>>- What do you call someone who speaks one language? "American".

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 7:00 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Da_Zero_A_Dieci, I'm glad you decided to stay. I hope you find people here to be suitably patient with you and I hope you are suitably patient with us...
Off Topic
...because the following joke contains much truth:

>>- What do you call someone who speaks three languages? "Trilingual".

>>- What do you call someone who speaks two languages? "Bilingual".

>>- What do you call someone who speaks one language? "American".

Nice to be with you.
§
Yesterday you helped me not to make mistakes
§
So: I don't tend to take offense

It's hard not to bear qualities or deficits that I too have!
§
Thank you for your nice post: you are kind and I also sense ironic that it is a quality that makes life less difficult!

It makes us less rigid mentally and avoids social conflicts

§
The joke I'm sure means multiple things, but I tend to take it literally
§
An American has a very strong national identity, and is a fundamental nation
§
You have many qualities
§
Seen by We Italians, you are so decisive for the balance of the world
§
You are Our allies
§
Honestly, I'd rather be in a star on your flag than in one of the European flag!
§
Maybe I understood the language-only part of the joke
§
You also know when the Romans conquered a large part of the world of their time, they imported all of their culture and knowledge.
§
Including their only language: Latin.
§
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingue_pe ... adrelingua

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2022, 7:23 pm

In your Constitution, correct me if I'm wrong, there is no official language, but the most commonly shared one.

Only 28 if I'm not mistaken have it as an official language among your states.

Others are bilingual.
§
In ours it is indicated the Italian one.

Even if several other languages ​​are spoken in some Regions.
German, French, Catalan, Sardinian, Neapolitan, and 18 regional dialects, imagine what a beautiful puzzle!

§
Of these I understand several except Catalan and German.
§
I always intend to at least learn the English language decently, then my will
it was interrupted by the death of my parents, and I no longer had any attention towards the lessons

§
Now a lot of things I do are geared towards understanding how neurotypicals work.

Because I know I have a lot of interaction deficits with them.

§

It is also necessary not to distort ourselves because we would lose our neurodiverse identity.

Which is fine with me.

It's not good for others understood as loved ones who tend not to understand me.
§
The meaning of the word is noble

§
It causes me a lot of distress not to be understood.
§

Yet they understand most of the things that autistics have thought, written, invented with quality.

They accept a part and they don't accept the part they don't liket they don't like

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 1:00 pm

Regarding the joke: There is no hidden or deeper meaning.

Many folk around the world speak multiple languages. In the U.S. it is different, it is most common to only know English.

An increasing number of Americans speak both English and Spanish because many have come from Central and South America to work but I think they are still a minority. Most Americans just speak English.

And it makes sense that few Americans have learned another language. You could make a single (very, very, very long) car trip through 49 of the states and for the entire trip English would be the primary language around you. That even works with one of the states being Alaska because even though you'd have to drive through Canada to get to and from Alaska it would be an English-speaking part of Canada. The car trip could be through all 50 states except you need a boat or plane to get to Hawaii.

Most of us speak only English because that is all we need.

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 4:54 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Regarding the joke: There is no hidden or deeper meaning.

Many folk around the world speak multiple languages. In the U.S. it is different, it is most common to only know English.

An increasing number of Americans speak both English and Spanish because many have come from Central and South America to work but I think they are still a minority. Most Americans just speak English.

And it makes sense that few Americans have learned another language. You could make a single (very, very, very long) car trip through 49 of the states and for the entire trip English would be the primary language around you. That even works with one of the states being Alaska because even though you'd have to drive through Canada to get to and from Alaska it would be an English-speaking part of Canada. The car trip could be through all 50 states except you need a boat or plane to get to Hawaii.

Most of us speak only English because that is all we need.

You know every 14 days we lose a language in the modern world.

This implies the loss of many cultural and knowledge opportunities, many populations hand down their past only orally, finishing their story, part of us ends.

Deep meanings: well! You just wrote one to me.

We only speak English because that's all we need.

Even in Italy, English is studied at very high levels.
In every city there is at least one private school that teaches it, and very well.

For that too I apologized for my grave omission.

So give me the example of Hawaii, I know that their ethnicity also exists as a language.

Sorry, I know little about the USA, but, if I have to think about the place, perhaps together with the UK, perhaps they are the States of which I know the most.

The reason is: you are the future, they are a mix of past, present and I hope the future that they will recover from Brexit, they had the courage to free themselves from Europe.

It would be interesting if UK and Italy became two more stars of your flag.

A former classmate of mine is an American citizen (N.Y.C.).

Some US states are bilingual, so not many speak both English and French, perhaps in two States, and in one German, even Dutch.

Italian seeing some statistics last time (it was a special interest of mine that I lost I will explain in another post why I chose to memorize less data.

Even if I still tend to use numbers often, in the end everything is number Pythagoras said (a very complex sentence, because it concerns Leonardo Fibonacci's PHI)

I understand what you wrote, even if I digress, English is always the predominant language in USA.

Think, I'll tell you that it was a question of my diagnosis, because one was made by scientific researchers, and perhaps I was a useful subject for them.
In 12 sessions, they asked me about everything.
Including absurd questions, one of them concerned the
most spoken language in the world, I replied that despite what is generally thought to be Mandarin Chinese (1.120000.000 Native speakers).
The second: Spanish.
The third is English.

You know, yesterday I was amazed in how many countries in the world speak Italian.

However, a language counts if it is alive, if it is used to trade, geopolitically, in culture, etc etc...
Then yes: English is the Passepartout of the world.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 7:45 pm

It sounds like this entry in Wikipedia might interest you. It is in English but it is possible you speak enough English to be able to read it. Wikipedia: "Languages of the United States". If it is too difficult for you to read it then don't worry about it, just ignore it. There is no test.

Here is a true story from my past. Different parts of the U.S. often have distinctive accents (they are only different enough to be called different accents, not different dialects). In the late 1970s I had a boss who was from Boston, Massachusetts, which has a very distinctive accent—and his wife was from Oklahoma which has a very different accent. My boss said they once had a family event with people from both of their families and the accents were so different that he and his bride often had to "translate"...even though everyone was speaking English their pronunciations were so different they had trouble understanding each other! (This is less likely to happen in the future. TV is changing things.)

I am surprised you would even play with the idea of Italy becoming part of the U.S. I think the EU has a very bright future. Right now I suspect the EU is somewhat like the early U.S. when the states did not feel so "united", but over time that changed. I expect the same thing to happen in the EU.

And, personally, I think Brexit was a mistake and was possibly caused by Russian meddling in the election. It is to Russia's advantage to weaken the EU and I think Brexit did that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 1:13 am

Da_Zero_A_Dieci wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I have reported your situation to the moderators. Please be patient.

You are very nice.

I'll also explain that I'm Avoidant so it affected my request.

Your responses have made me realize that I need to change these decisions.

I just didn't understand before because I didn't have feedback now I understand instead.

*Thank you very much for the time you are dedicating to me.

Maybe I'll use my skills better by writing briefly and meditating more.

Which I didn't.

Fnord can be useful from time to time. ;)

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 8:14 am

That's correct. There is no "official language" in the United States.

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 6:23 pm

Double Retired wrote:
It sounds like this entry in Wikipedia might interest you. It is in English but it is possible you speak enough English to be able to read it. Wikipedia: "Languages of the United States". If it is too difficult for you to read it then don't worry about it, just ignore it. There is no test.

Here is a true story from my past. Different parts of the U.S. often have distinctive accents (they are only different enough to be called different accents, not different dialects). In the late 1970s I had a boss who was from Boston, Massachusetts, which has a very distinctive accent—and his wife was from Oklahoma which has a very different accent. My boss said they once had a family event with people from both of their families and the accents were so different that he and his bride often had to "translate"...even though everyone was speaking English their pronunciations were so different they had trouble understanding each other! (This is less likely to happen in the future. TV is changing things.)

I am surprised you would even play with the idea of Italy becoming part of the U.S. I think the EU has a very bright future. Right now I suspect the EU is somewhat like the early U.S. when the states did not feel so "united", but over time that changed. I expect the same thing to happen in the EU.

And, personally, I think Brexit was a mistake and was possibly caused by Russian meddling in the election. It is to Russia's advantage to weaken the EU and I think Brexit did that.

Sorry for the delay.

I answered yesterday but then due to my clumsiness I lost three of my answers while checking them!

It was enough to send them a moment before, and I would have succeeded

§

I'll go back to Topic and I'll tell you that I didn't know many of the things written in your link that I also saved in my favourites.

Thank you; in Italy we know many things about the USA, and our destinies have joined twice first as allies in the First World War then as adversaries, until 1943.

After that, only a small part of the Italians continued with the Germans, while the other fought with you, and since then our stories meet often.

In my memory there are so many things of your predominant culture and I am aware of so little of that of the lesser known states.

We know very well in some States while little or nothing in others.

§

After the Marshall Plan, Italy used the money well and rebuilt everything, as well as starting to live again without a Monarchy.
It became a republic.

ABimao ​​one thing in common that I didn't know about TV was fundamental in spreading the national language, yours is English as it is more widespread and fundamental.

Here it is Italian.

But it was not widespread before in its complexity , a language not as simple as it sounds .

Full of irregular verbs and peculiar rules, a word can change its meaning if said in a different way or context.

We know how to understand it::

As for the example
of Your Boss from Boston and his wife from Massachusetts is emblematic.

For some of your Statei we are able to understand the differences in diction, therefore the accent.

Not for everyone, just for some.

I understand what you mean.

§

You know here too, while speaking the same language in every region of Italy a different accent prevails which often makes speeches unclear, then the social contexts change, from Region to Region.

I am now in a region where I largely understand the dialects, they still use them, but what changes are the social interactions.

They use terms that are Italian, perfectly, but they should be used differently, in social interactions.

I have to say that I tend to say words in Italian that if I said them in my region of birth, they would make fun of me!

Some words are beautiful.

Maybe I can't translate them.

We say , please in response to a request .
Here, yes, even 16-year-olds use terms like "Wow"

With us it is a terminology of two centuries ago!

But it's nice not to say it, like a please, God forbid, it's my duty, a pleasure!

I'll answer the rest too...

Da_Zero_A_Dieci
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 6:24 pm

Let me explain: Italy as a nation was born during your Civil War in 1861.

First, for example, in my Region of Sardinia it was born politically in 1297.
The invaders were Romans, Germans, Byzantines, Spaniards, Pisans, and then Piedmontese.

In 1720 the basis of the Kingdom of Sardinian Piedmontese begins, northern Italy was under Austrian rule.

To tell you: we didn't even feel Italian.

Then as you wrote, as happened in the USA, the Nation united.

§
Why the US Star in the Flag…

Because as early as the 1940s it was thought that politically at least one Region would pass to the United States.

In mine there are very important US military servitude, and of alliance. We test weapons and fighters and much more simulated NATO wars.

We are the most militarized in Italy among the first in Europe.

So if I had to choose to swear allegiance to a nation I would choose the USA not the EU which does not exist.

The EU is only a monetary union and a union of agreements between non-cohesive nations that each serve only their own interests.

Brexit: it has two official reasons.

National Sovereignty UK.

As a sovereign state that decides for itself and is not influenced by the EU.

2 Immigration .

It was an important point for leaving the EU.

I sincerely hope that the EU cooperates with the UK, because otherwise they will go into serious economic and social difficulties.

They are to be helped : not punished .

We too would like to leave the EU because we are no longer a sovereign state.

Immigration all at our expense: then, it must be said, Germany takes on many responsibilities for welcoming, like us, for Africans, Ukrainians, refugees from many nations at war and desperate people who no longer have anywhere to live.

§
Ukrainian war.

One of the main reasons is that the geopolitical balance has changed.
In Europe we are stuck with the old ones.

The USA has given a different political line.

In my opinion they are right.

It cannot be done otherwise.

It must be said.

§

A thorn in the side is Germany, which would like to grow militarily.
This is scary (We know the past).
§
The war can end, hopefully some states understand that they have to step back, including Germany.
France also has a role; tries to communicate with Putin for a solution,

The war includes the asset of Asia where China will seek space in Taiwan.

And in Africa soon, this will be the future.

The UK is losing enormous capital which is pouring into investments on the Milan stock exchange which will perhaps take the place of London.
This will cause imbalances not to anyone's advantage.
This is the reason for the Italian star in your flag.