Conservative or Liberal?

Page 4 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Conservative or Liberal?
Conservative 5%  5%  [ 16 ]
Conservative 5%  5%  [ 18 ]
Liberal 22%  22%  [ 74 ]
Liberal 24%  24%  [ 81 ]
Centrist 7%  7%  [ 23 ]
Centrist 7%  7%  [ 24 ]
Libertarian 4%  4%  [ 12 ]
Libertarian 4%  4%  [ 13 ]
Other 6%  6%  [ 19 ]
Other 6%  6%  [ 19 ]
None 1%  1%  [ 5 ]
None 1%  1%  [ 5 ]
I have no clue 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
I have no clue 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
just wanna see results 4%  4%  [ 12 ]
just wanna see results 4%  4%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 341

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2018
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,811
Location: California

31 Aug 2020, 3:49 pm

I tend to be more left-of-center (the rank-and-file liberals a.k.a. progressive-orientated), yet, sometimes I'll empathize with the right-of-center sentiments.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,727
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Aug 2020, 4:59 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
I tend to be more left-of-center (the rank-and-file liberals a.k.a. progressive-orientated), yet, sometimes I'll empathize with the right-of-center sentiments.
Same here. Conservatives would think i'm a hardcore progressive or socialist but some of the hardcore liberals would think I'm a bad person cuz i disagree with the liberals on a small number of things they feel very strongly about.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2020
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,252

01 Oct 2020, 8:14 pm

Tentative social democrat, considering market socialism.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,822
Location: the island of defective toy santas

01 Oct 2020, 8:21 pm

^^^hello Udinaas :) welcome to WP :alien:



Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Sep 2020
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,252

22 Oct 2020, 11:50 am

Quote:
^^^hello Udinaas :) welcome to WP


Thank you!



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,693
Location: Texas

18 Mar 2021, 6:22 pm

I am extremely conservative.



Skjald
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 25 Apr 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 56
Location: Europe

25 Apr 2021, 1:15 pm

Politically I would probably be best described as a left-wing libertarian or a libertarian socialist.


_________________
“Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think.”
- Arthur Schopenhauer


“The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.”
- Mikhail Bakunin


Flown
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Sep 2016
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 2,044
Location: Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

30 Aug 2021, 7:19 am

I don't really feel aligned with any of the political parties (definitely neither from the American two-party system), but I would probably be considered "liberal" or "democratic socialist" by most.


_________________
ૂི•̮͡• ૂ ྀ


Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,693
Location: Texas

12 Dec 2021, 7:21 pm

Flown wrote:
I don't really feel aligned with any of the political parties (definitely neither from the American two-party system), but I would probably be considered "liberal" or "democratic socialist" by most.

I am Far Right Yellow Dog Republican Christian Libertarian Constitutional Conservative.I am a Texas nationalist and seccesionist who believes Oklahoma and New Mexico rightfully belongs to Texas and who wants Texas to get all its land back someday that was in the original Republic of Texas..I want our country to not import anymore oil and gas and end central banking and put us back on the gold standard.I belive that all gun control is bad and I want all drugs and and alcohol and tobacco to be legal and able to be bought and sold in every city county and small town and have all forms of gambling be legal and also I want prostitution to legal.I think America should always be the top producer of oil and gas and coal in the world in my perfect world.I think Texas should become a bigger economy than California and that Texas should be the biggest state by population.I am an American nationalist and isolationist who believes we should have the best military in all of world history.I think Texas should always be the biggest energy and ranching state.I think student loans might should be forgiven.Oh sorry did not mean to quote you still trying to learn.



Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 12 Dec 2021, 8:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,954
Location: Queens, NYC

12 Dec 2021, 7:29 pm

I’m attuned the most with European Social Democrat types.

I find some “woke” notions to reek of potential fascism if practiced by the wrong person who has authoritarian notions.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

13 Dec 2021, 9:29 am

Neither, I'm socialist.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,750
Location: The British Empire

21 Dec 2021, 8:33 pm

Extremely Libertarian.

The free market should be left alone with the exception of breaking up monopolies and protecting the environment, the consumers control the economy not the elite or the other way around. People shouldn't need to go through all of these regulations (especially regulations in California) just because they want to either become a teacher or to even do something like build a deck on their own property.

I don't believe there is such thing as a truth because a lot of times both sides are right like for example conservatives say internet is a product of capitalism while liberals say internet was invented by the government. Both sides are right because the internet was invented by the government but however Google, Bing, and Yahoo are private companies that were not created by the government.



Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,693
Location: Texas

22 Dec 2021, 4:50 am

Dylanperr wrote:
Extremely Libertarian.

The free market should be left alone with the exception of breaking up monopolies and protecting the environment, the consumers control the economy not the elite or the other way around. People shouldn't need to go through all of these regulations (especially regulations in California) just because they want to either become a teacher or to even do something like build a deck on their own property.

I don't believe there is such thing as a truth because a lot of times both sides are right like for example conservatives say internet is a product of capitalism while liberals say internet was invented by the government. Both sides are right because the internet was invented by the government but however Google, Bing, and Yahoo are private companies that were not created by the government.

Very interesting I am also very libertarian but I kind of view the whole internet thing in a different light because the government used tax dollars to invent the internet and also I think the current system is a mixed economy with strong socialist elements like medicare medicaid social security post office but i also think its a fascist like version of capitalism because the Corporations and the Banks and the Government are all in cahoots together to squash small businesse and write the tax code to where it benefits them the most instead the typical American.Like I just wish there was no income tax.Like I think Ben Franklin said 5 percent would be a burdensome tax rate but I could be down for 10 percent total tax burden.

Like i dont even think we should even have a professional standing army and military playing world police in never ending wars and foreign aid programs.I think we need to break up big tech like they did to Standard Oil in the early 1900's but then big tech would slowly merge back together like the Standard Oil descendent companies like Exxon and Chevron.Like I think you would have like a tech versions of Exxon and Chevron that would be a descendent company of your Google Netflix Apple Amazon that sort of thing.I have thought about maybe breaking up each company into a bunch of billion dollar companies.However the thing is it would prolly make Zuckerberg and Bill Gates and Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos get way even richer like what happened with Rockefeller.I am in favor of having as low amount of regulations as humanly and safely possible.But I think retirement advisors should be required to act in the best interst of their clients legally all of them.I also think that we should privatize social security and all government pensions and put in the stock market in a index fund because every worker could retire a milllionaire if we did that.I think we should privatize every public school and instiution of higher learning but thats just me.I think we should tax the churches maybe at 1 to 10 percent and also maybe give them a property tax based on what President Garfield thought if we still have a property tax but ideally we would have no property taxes in my world.I think Billionaires will always have more power over the masses than your typical American citizen but I think we should ban lobbying and special interests and get money out of politics.I also believe in term limits for every member of congresss and every elected official.I think America should partner with friendly countries like like Canada and Mexico and Norway and the UK to be the largest Oil and Gas Exporting country so we wont have to protect our oil supplies again.I think America should have the most formididable arsenal of WMDs in all areas in the world even more than Russia and China.I think if we do have a military it should only be used with the approval of congress and I dont think a President should be able to authorize any air strikes or cruise missile attacks or war without approval of the U.S. House and Senate and a popular vote perhaps.I think anyone who votes for the war should be eligible to be drafted so it can help them make the right choice given the somber circumstances.



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,750
Location: The British Empire

23 Dec 2021, 2:50 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
Extremely Libertarian.

The free market should be left alone with the exception of breaking up monopolies and protecting the environment, the consumers control the economy not the elite or the other way around. People shouldn't need to go through all of these regulations (especially regulations in California) just because they want to either become a teacher or to even do something like build a deck on their own property.

I don't believe there is such thing as a truth because a lot of times both sides are right like for example conservatives say internet is a product of capitalism while liberals say internet was invented by the government. Both sides are right because the internet was invented by the government but however Google, Bing, and Yahoo are private companies that were not created by the government.

Very interesting I am also very libertarian but I kind of view the whole internet thing in a different light because the government used tax dollars to invent the internet and also I think the current system is a mixed economy with strong socialist elements like medicare medicaid social security post office but i also think its a fascist like version of capitalism because the Corporations and the Banks and the Government are all in cahoots together to squash small businesse and write the tax code to where it benefits them the most instead the typical American.Like I just wish there was no income tax.Like I think Ben Franklin said 5 percent would be a burdensome tax rate but I could be down for 10 percent total tax burden.

Like i dont even think we should even have a professional standing army and military playing world police in never ending wars and foreign aid programs.I think we need to break up big tech like they did to Standard Oil in the early 1900's but then big tech would slowly merge back together like the Standard Oil descendent companies like Exxon and Chevron.Like I think you would have like a tech versions of Exxon and Chevron that would be a descendent company of your Google Netflix Apple Amazon that sort of thing.I have thought about maybe breaking up each company into a bunch of billion dollar companies.However the thing is it would prolly make Zuckerberg and Bill Gates and Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos get way even richer like what happened with Rockefeller.I am in favor of having as low amount of regulations as humanly and safely possible.But I think retirement advisors should be required to act in the best interst of their clients legally all of them.I also think that we should privatize social security and all government pensions and put in the stock market in a index fund because every worker could retire a milllionaire if we did that.I think we should privatize every public school and instiution of higher learning but thats just me.I think we should tax the churches maybe at 1 to 10 percent and also maybe give them a property tax based on what President Garfield thought if we still have a property tax but ideally we would have no property taxes in my world.I think Billionaires will always have more power over the masses than your typical American citizen but I think we should ban lobbying and special interests and get money out of politics.I also believe in term limits for every member of congresss and every elected official.I think America should partner with friendly countries like like Canada and Mexico and Norway and the UK to be the largest Oil and Gas Exporting country so we wont have to protect our oil supplies again.I think America should have the most formididable arsenal of WMDs in all areas in the world even more than Russia and China.I think if we do have a military it should only be used with the approval of congress and I dont think a President should be able to authorize any air strikes or cruise missile attacks or war without approval of the U.S. House and Senate and a popular vote perhaps.I think anyone who votes for the war should be eligible to be drafted so it can help them make the right choice given the somber circumstances.

Agreed.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 25,727
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Dec 2021, 8:44 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
but i also think its a fascist like version of capitalism because the Corporations and the Banks and the Government are all in cahoots together to squash small businesse and write the tax code to where it benefits them the most instead the typical American.Like I just wish there was no income tax.Like I think Ben Franklin said 5 percent would be a burdensome tax rate but I could be down for 10 percent total tax burden.
I just bought this knife on eBay after stumbling across it yesterday :arrow:


Image



Image



I have a fairly big knife/blade collection. As I general rule I don't like vintage 1s thou but this made me laugh & it only cost me $12 before tax. There are a couple on Ebay but these pix are from the listing I bought from.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"
~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

22 Jun 2022, 9:57 pm

I’m a progressive, liberal, socialist and a feminist. I make my own granola, and I can’t get enough avocados. (You get the idea.) I’m also an atheist.

I’m pro-choice.

I don’t like guns. I don’t view the Constitution as a sacred text but, rather, as something that should adapt with the needs of the people.

I don’t view America as the Promised Land. I like the idea of a global community.

I’m supportive of LGBT rights and civil rights.


_________________
Away.