Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Canadian1911
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2022, 8:40 pm

So I am 26 years old, physically capable, with Aspergers.

I have had some previous work experience, and I have a driver's license, as well as a Firearms License (Canadian Gun Laws).

I have however been unemployed for a couple years, but have found a job listing for a major corporation in an entry level position that sounds like I should be able to handle it, given my previous work experience and the very similar nature of the job. Not only that but it's a unionized workplace, there is on the job training, progressive wages, up to $28.75 Canadian per hour, for the entry level position, there's also promotions. I am going to go after this, because this is something that has the potential to turn into not just a job, but a career.

As I am beginning to get older, I want to start making more progress in life to my eventual goal of self-sufficiency and independence having a good and steady job is of course a crucially important factor. Yes, I qualify for my province's disability income support, but I want a better life than that, and living with my parents.

Wish me luck I guess.

P.S: Yes, I realize I haven't been signed on in years.... :)

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2022, 9:01 pm

Wishing you luckCanadian1911 Image

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2022, 10:02 am

I wish you luck also. You have both experience and a positive attitude, those are definitely a plus.