Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 2:40 pm

I did that nostalgia thing with video games at college and in my thirties to see what my ten year old brain was exposed to.

I had a computer that was like ten times worse than the NES. It had thousands of games released for it but only a handful were good.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 5:39 am

I did that then also with the books I used to read with pleasure, back in the elementary school as a teen, as well as with with the movies I watched in my preteens when every Friday mom and me used to rent said movies. For example back then, as a kid of about 10-11, I loved the Godzilla movies but when I saw one of those movies when I was about 20, I felt very bored and I didn't even know what I saw about those kaiju movies when I was a child :)

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 3:58 pm

klanka wrote:
I had a computer that was like ten times worse than the NES. It had thousands of games released for it but only a handful were good.

I'm guessing it must be one I never played.
At first I thought maybe the Aquarius, but I'm pretty sure that one didn't have "thousands of games"...

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 3:47 am

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Breakpoint has just joined my game collection - I ordered it yesterday at a discount price because I had a free voucher :D Just a bit less than 20 zlotys - the net claims it's exactly 4.40 USD :) So the exact number of my PS4 games is 31 as of now :)

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 3:37 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
klanka wrote:

I'm guessing it must be one I never played.
At first I thought maybe the Aquarius, but I'm pretty sure that one didn't have "thousands of games"...

It was a zx spectrum..

When I revisited my favourite films they were still good, although I could see right through the special effects.

Most of the games were bad though, and were bad then :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2022, 3:29 pm

klanka wrote:
It was a zx spectrum..

Oh, Idunno, I like a lot of the Speccy games I've played, even though I'm not very good at them. The Ultimate Play the Game stuff (now known as Rare) is pretty good, and all those other weird isometric puzzle games. The color limitations have a certain charm to them.

I grew up with games like Dizzy and StarQuake, so it was cool to see them on their original home.

I don't know how well I could have tolerated playing on the real deal back in the day...today, with emulation, you can just load a snapshot and get straight into the action, rather than having to wait for an entire cassette tape to load. That must have been dreadful.