the longest time owning a game without beating it

Page 4 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2007
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,929
Location: Sweden

24 May 2011, 5:36 am

Two decades.


_________________
I can make a statement true by placing it first in this signature.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."


Anspaughnato
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 29 Sep 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 83

27 May 2011, 4:03 am

Majora's Mask for me, mostly because I totally forgot about the game.

But Ocarina of Time gave me a run for my money when I reached the water temple.

*Cringe*



xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 285

30 May 2011, 8:08 pm

i can't believe this topic is till going.

jetfox here, i'm back <_< >_> :) :P



Jackanape
Raven
Raven

User avatar

Joined: 8 Apr 2011
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 123

30 May 2011, 11:27 pm

Dragon Quest 9. Damn side missions got me, I tanked 98 hours before finishing the game.



xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 285

31 May 2011, 2:43 pm

i remember one other, sonic 2 i never beat it and still haven't. i can't get past the second level, i'm not even sure what is beyond the second level.

i was browsing youtube once and i came across a speed run of the second level on sonic 2, i was so freaking jealous and pissed off, me and my bro tried since we were six and four, to get past it, i controled tails because tails can't die on singleplayer, and my bro was sonic, and then the sega genesis was fried in the motor home.

later on a got a sonic game collection for the gamecube, and nearly 18 years later [i'm only 24] i still couldn't beat the second level.



EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,005
Location: Hertfordshire, UK

31 May 2011, 7:12 pm

xemnasfan wrote:
i remember one other, sonic 2 i never beat it and still haven't. i can't get past the second level, i'm not even sure what is beyond the second level.

i was browsing youtube once and i came across a speed run of the second level on sonic 2, i was so freaking jealous and pissed off, me and my bro tried since we were six and four, to get past it, i controled tails because tails can't die on singleplayer, and my bro was sonic, and then the sega genesis was fried in the motor home.

later on a got a sonic game collection for the gamecube, and nearly 18 years later [i'm only 24] i still couldn't beat the second level.


Back in the day, Sonic 2 was criticised for being too easy; I got through the levels well enough, but I've never put the effort in to get all the chaos emeralds (not much point once you know the yellow Sonic cheat). Metropolis Zone (level 8 ) is the hardest one IMO.

The Game Gear version of Sonic 2 is a lot harder. It took me ages to complete it with all the emeralds.



xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 18 May 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 285

31 May 2011, 8:02 pm

EnglishInvader wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
i remember one other, sonic 2 i never beat it and still haven't. i can't get past the second level, i'm not even sure what is beyond the second level.

i was browsing youtube once and i came across a speed run of the second level on sonic 2, i was so freaking jealous and pissed off, me and my bro tried since we were six and four, to get past it, i controled tails because tails can't die on singleplayer, and my bro was sonic, and then the sega genesis was fried in the motor home.

later on a got a sonic game collection for the gamecube, and nearly 18 years later [i'm only 24] i still couldn't beat the second level.


Back in the day, Sonic 2 was criticised for being too easy; I got through the levels well enough, but I've never put the effort in to get all the chaos emeralds (not much point once you know the yellow Sonic cheat). Metropolis Zone (level 8 ) is the hardest one IMO.

The Game Gear version of Sonic 2 is a lot harder. It took me ages to complete it with all the emeralds.


well i've never been good at 2d games in general, and sonic goes to fast and doesn't stop on a dime like in sonic 4, but the levels in sonic 4 have to much platforming, after the first world it feels more like a mario type game, i got to the last zone on the casino level and gave up because they way i see it it's impossible to get to the end. and what the hell is with the dark stage, you i was thinking "sega you are giving me a hedgehog that can break the sound barrior, and now the lights are out!"

that's almost as bad as those dang crash warped underwater stages.

alot of times in older sonic game i end up finding random enemies, springs, spike pits, and bottomless pits without trying, because i really can't see hardly anything i'm about to run into until i hit it. my reaction ability is mediocre at best.

but then i got sa2b on the gamecube, and i was able to finish a level without hitting one thing, i've been converted ever sense, with 3d games in general not just sonic games.



MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jun 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,298
Location: Nevada (not Vegas)

31 May 2011, 8:07 pm

20 years

I still haven't beaten the second world of LoZ.


_________________
"Let reason be your only sovereign." ~Wizard's Sixth Rule
I'm working my way up to Attending Crazy Taoist. For now, just call me Dr. Crazy Taoist.


green0star
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Apr 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,415
Location: blah

25 Apr 2016, 9:44 am

MrLoony wrote:
20 years

I still haven't beaten the second world of LoZ.


Its been longer then that for me on Link to the past actually xD Still haven't beaten that game and its truely HAS been over 20 years XD



MarbleRye
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 15 Mar 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 68

27 Apr 2016, 12:58 am

I haven't beat FF3, 4, 5, or 6. I got the anthologies in 99/00 I'm guessing.



Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,119
Location: מתחת לעננים

28 Apr 2016, 3:09 am

xemnasfan wrote:
i can't believe this topic is till going.


i know...right? :lol:

i've had 3d ultra lionel traintown (released '99) forever but i never have completed it 100%. childhood me was not able to get past grease monkey.

in 2nd place is super mario world. got it for wii VC in 2012, got to chocolate ghost house or whatever, idiot me couldn't get past it, i put it down and have not touched it since.


_________________
הייתי צוללת עכשיו למים
הכי, הכי עמוקים
לא לשמוע כלום
לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.


ZD
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 589
Location: Manchester, England

28 Apr 2016, 3:49 am

I still havn't completed "The Legend of Zelda" got stuck with something to do with Spectacle rock never went back to it :S got that I think 1990.


_________________
( If I ignore a reply it's not intentional I get distracted, send me a PM to prompt me :) )


Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2015
Posts: 14,743
Location: Seventh Heaven

28 Apr 2016, 10:51 am

I've owned FFVII for several years now and I can't seem to bring myself to finish it. Likewise for FFVI and FFIX [although I'm not even halfway through those two].


_________________
Quote:
A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII


DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,532

28 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

I have owned approx 75 games in my life and only completed around 10 of them, I get way too absorbed in the details and flit between everything like a moth, I really enjoy games where you don't have to progress and can just free roam or do the cycle of short gaming then do it again, like left 4 dead. I actually completed Fallout 3 recently which shocked the hell out of me but it is quite short. I remember completing metal gear solid:twin snakes, resident evil zero, pokémon crystal, tales of symphonia, final fantasy 7, streets of rage 2 but most games I reach a certain point then jump to something else or go off exploring or I lose interest then return to it months later and restart, that's regarding the games with a main plot and level progression.


_________________
'He wondered as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic, perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one?'


Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2014
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 29,119
Location: מתחת לעננים

29 Apr 2016, 1:19 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
I've owned FFVII for several years now and I can't seem to bring myself to finish it. Likewise for FFVI and FFIX [although I'm not even halfway through those two].


what's stopping you from finishing it?


_________________
הייתי צוללת עכשיו למים
הכי, הכי עמוקים
לא לשמוע כלום
לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.


Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2015
Posts: 14,743
Location: Seventh Heaven

29 Apr 2016, 8:05 am

^I actually don't know. I get to the Northern Crater, I hover uncertainly over that giant black pit, and then I fly away in my airship and go fly around the world a couple times. *shrug*


_________________
Quote:
A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII