Have you ever found games you DO NOT REMEMBER buying?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 8:46 pm

Mom cleaned out the basement yesterday, and she found some PS1 games that freaked me out. I WOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT Duke Nukem Land of the Babes XD I only really heard of Duke Nukem from my BF, who's a fan. I also found The Fifth Element (never heard of it), Command & Conquer Red Alert Retaliation (never heard of it), and Final Fantasy Chronicles (Final Fantasy 4 and Chrono Trigger). I mean, I have no clue who would have bought it, how it got into my house, it's kind of creepy XD
Definitely excited to try them out though XD

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:11 pm

I don't buy games, so no.

But I have found books that I didn't remember buying.

MrStewart
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 11:27 pm

Yes, sometimes. Usually they are bargain bin purchases I made on the spur of the moment. Brought home, played for a few minutes, then shelved them.

Just took a look at the shelf now. Apparently I own GTA: Liberty City Stories for the PS2. I think that is a port of a handheld game.

ComradeKael
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Oct 2012, 4:30 am

ebec11 wrote:
Mom cleaned out the basement yesterday, and she found some PS1 games that freaked me out. I WOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT Duke Nukem Land of the Babes XD I only really heard of Duke Nukem from my BF, who's a fan. I also found The Fifth Element (never heard of it), Command & Conquer Red Alert Retaliation (never heard of it), and Final Fantasy Chronicles (Final Fantasy 4 and Chrono Trigger). I mean, I have no clue who would have bought it, how it got into my house, it's kind of creepy XD
Definitely excited to try them out though XD

I went through some old boxes in my room the other day and I found tons of games I do not remember buying. Red Alert 2 was one of those games, but that game is actually one of the better RTS games I have played. If you have a PS1 or an emulator I would check out Final Fantasy Chronicles. Chrono Trigger is pretty non-linear.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 2:04 am

Yep. Pretty freaky isn't it? It's been with old and new games.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ebec11
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 3:58 am

I plan on trying them all out actually. I have a PS2 (somewhere in the house XD), and a PS3 (For some reason PS3 plays PS1 games, but not PS2?). And yeah, I've heard good things about Chrono Trigger, I'm excited to try that one out. I'm excited to try out The Fifth Element, but for different reasons XD (Gamespot gave it a 2.4 XD)
I just have to wonder where Duke Nukem Land of the Babes came from the most XD My mom wouldn't buy it for me or anything because of the name and the babes on cover, and my sister (the only semi-gamer in the house) wouldn't play it. The rest I could see as maybe some garage sale pickup or something.
*shrugs* I got them now, might as well enjoy them!

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 2:18 am

I remember every game I purchased over the years. Or, at least I thought I did. I don't remember downloading Legend of the Dragoon from psn, but obviously I did at some point. Well, I might as well treat it like an unexpected gift from my past self.

Apophis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Oct 2012, 6:24 pm

No. I remember every game I buy because I buy them because I want them. I don't impulse buy and when I buy them, I play them a lot.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

Once.

It took me nearly two months of that mystery rolling in the back of my brain until by accident I found where they came from. They were free games that came with the video card I had last purchased.

Which begs the question...how did I not see these when I opened the box. :P

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 4:43 pm

Yep. I have a rather extensive collection of PS2 games. Some of them I haven't the slightest clue about where they came from.

You will reap what you've sown.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2012, 5:06 pm

Probably an obvious question but is "The Fifth Element" video game based on the movie with the same name?
I'm guessing so...

I don't think I do forget buying a game. More often than not, I tend to remember a game and forgot that I got rid of it or sold it. :lol:

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2012, 2:32 am

PastFixations wrote:

I don't think I do forget buying a game. More often than not, I tend to remember a game and forgot that I got rid of it or sold it. :lol:

I've had that happen a few times over the years. The problem is, what I've sold is gone. That's why I've long since decided to keep all the games I purchased, unless I'm absolutely certain that I will never, ever play them again. The same goes for systems too. I may have made that decision late in the game, but I won't part with my ps2, and I'm keeping my ds lite with the cracked hinge for my few remaining gba games. Of course my modern systems are part of my collection now too, and I won't get rid of them either. Plus, I like having a game collection. I can't have much of one if I don't keep my games around for very long.

47x
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Nov 2012, 12:58 pm

I found some games from way back, I remember buying them, but I wish I didn't. 8O

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 1:15 pm

There are many games in my collection that I found out having bought versions of.

Like almost 90% of them.

Adamalone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2012, 7:28 pm

i have actually brought games i already own before but i normally remember what i have

although i do own a game i wish i never brought

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2012, 3:48 am

Now I remember when I bought Legend of the Dragoon. I think it was to go along with Jean D'Arc and a couple other games, to spend a full $50 psn card. The fact that it's a cult classic heavily influenced that decision. It just came back to me as I was going through my pro-duos to see what content I had(it turns out I had LotD on my second one(one of my 8Gs).