Do you think war with Russia can still happen after all?

Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

xile123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 495
Location: australia

31 Dec 2016, 5:32 am

androbot01 wrote:
I find Obama's behavior in this bizarre. First Israel and now Russia. Today he has turfed out 35 Russian diplomats.

I don't think it will amount too much though. It is almost like a tantrum. Trump will reverse everything, he is already allied with Putin.

It's a bit early for things to go nuclear though. That will start in the Middle East.


Israel is getting what it deserves and the 35 diplomats thing just makes Obama look bad.



Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,284
Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Dec 2016, 8:34 am

Putin's actions are almost always all reactive and rational, people don't know how much funny business that our own country is up to in other countries that the Obama administration put into overdrive. Georgia, Ukraine, Syria, to assign aggressive or expansionist motivations behind these conflicts is a fundamental misunderstanding of what cause them to happen. The US is not always the good guys.



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

31 Dec 2016, 9:55 am

Jacoby wrote:
Putin's actions are almost always all reactive and rational, people don't know how much funny business that our own country is up to in other countries that the Obama administration put into overdrive. Georgia, Ukraine, Syria, to assign aggressive or expansionist motivations behind these conflicts is a fundamental misunderstanding of what cause them to happen. The US is not always the good guys.


The United States has never resorted to espionage or covert operations in the last 8 years. If any believes that, I have some swamp land I'd like to sell.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,503
Location: Long Island, New York

31 Dec 2016, 10:34 am

Of course it can happen. You are dealing with humans and the software they program.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 881
Location: in the dry land

31 Dec 2016, 11:08 am

dcj123 wrote:
if Putin and Trump are in fact in bed with one another...



I think we can all agree that this would be the worst porno ever.



feral botanist
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Jul 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 881
Location: in the dry land

31 Dec 2016, 11:16 am

EzraS wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Putin's actions are almost always all reactive and rational, people don't know how much funny business that our own country is up to in other countries that the Obama administration put into overdrive. Georgia, Ukraine, Syria, to assign aggressive or expansionist motivations behind these conflicts is a fundamental misunderstanding of what cause them to happen. The US is not always the good guys.


The United States has never resorted to espionage or covert operations in the last 8 years. If any believes that, I have some swamp land I'd like to sell.



And how do you know this?

Are you basing it on our long history of not doing espionage?

Or on the fact that the intelligence agencies in the USA are so poorly funded that the have to hold bake sales to pay for informants($43,400,000,000 in 2013)?

I hope your swamp land has aligators, they are more pleasant than Drumps cabinate.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 26,503
Location: Long Island, New York

31 Dec 2016, 11:22 am

feral botanist wrote:
dcj123 wrote:
if Putin and Trump are in fact in bed with one another...



I think we can all agree that this would be the worst porno ever.

:D


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,529

06 Jan 2017, 1:09 am

I'm interested in your theories as to how and why Clinton would've ''invaded'' russia, I agree she'd have taken an unhelpful and unproductive hardline stance toward them and messed relations up further and continued the proxy skirmishes but she is certainly no dummy and invading russia would be the stupidest thing anyone in that office had ever attempted. Putin was acting in the national interest over Crimea, I don't begrudge what he did there, NATO has been encircling and provoking the bear for a long time now.


_________________
'He wondered, as he had many times wondered before, whether he himself was a lunatic... perhaps a lunatic was simply a minority of one?'


DinoMongoosePenguin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Joined: 21 Aug 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 176
Location: The NSA Knows

08 Jan 2017, 6:04 pm

Answer: YES.

And it might be more due to an alliance. As you know, while Obama blew off the threat of a nuclear Iran, Israel, which doesn't seem to like Iran's talks of wiping it off the face of the earth, may make a preemptive strike against the Iranian nuclear facilities BEFORE Iran can finish its nukes. That might lead to a war between Iran and Israel. As Iran and Russia are allies, Russia may also declare war on Israel. And since the US and Israel are allies, if Trump is more loyal to Israel than Russia, then the US will declare war on Russia and Iran and Russia and Iran will then declare war on us.