Page 9 of 9 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

traven
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 30 Sep 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,592

13 Feb 2022, 4:40 am





wellllllllll remember the steep sheep fines, \high as the house worth\back in 2008?ish, the newly-mandatory vac for sheep, the nay-sayers faced these huge fines too, at the first hearing it was unbelievable scary, an army of geared up police for a handfull of public attendees :roll:



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,130
Location: Long Island, New York

13 Feb 2022, 5:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
This is apparently being sponsored teachers union for the Seattle public schools meaning it is not a Jewish teachers union. The affinity groups are for white teachers and white Jewish members of the teachers union.
I specifically said that anti racism training is not CRT but is based heavily on CRT principles. I would assume those that attend these groups are supporters of these “provocative” principles and that being human some of these beliefs will slip into the lessons.


There seems to be an attempt to find something "woke" in the education system to justify all these crazy parents storming school board meetings demanding the schools remove non-existent curriculum or (what's quite likely) attempting to remove actual historical events from the social studies curriculum.

I've been watching some amazing videos from a podcaster called Hezakaya who has downloaded videos from the 1940s all the way up to the 1990s from news programs and documentary makers from the time and what is apparent is how much social upheaval the population of the US has experienced through out it's history.

Learning about how/why people live in the circumstances they do in 2022 is fundamental to school social studies. There is a simple saying that if people forget the terrible things that was done in the past they are doomed to repeat them. The great mantra after WWI was "never again". But governments and leaders around the world manipulated the populace of Europe and America not addressing the root of conflict that caused war in the first place.

Watching hezakaya I did not even know that in 1919 there was a civil war in the USA where the entire country (both north and south) was in a state of war between US police and returned African America soldiers. Many hundreds (the actual number will never be known because there was a north Korean style cover up and embargo on journalists reporting it) of innocent black civilians were murdered across the country and their property stolen. Even African Americans only have an oral tradition but the event was so traumatic on that generation that those who survived were forced to suppress memory of it.

The roots of the events of 1919 were never addressed and the purpose of subjects like social studies in school is to at least make teachers and students aware of the true history of a country so they understand why America was and still is a fractured disunited country in 2022.

The teachers are the ones who have to deliver content so it makes sense they are able to cover material in a fair and unbiased way before passing it on to their students.

I have watched some of Hezakaya's documentaries. Amazing finds.

Some anti-wokes want to whitewash history, others disagree with 1619 Project version of history and others object to "guilt-tripping" teaching methods. While the sources for most of these are obviously anti-woke, most of these specific instances are not debunked.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,302

13 Feb 2022, 6:42 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Some anti-wokes want to whitewash history, others disagree with 1619 Project version of history and others object to "guilt-tripping" teaching methods. While the sources for most of these are obviously anti-woke, most of these specific instances are not debunked.


I think for many teachers and parents the "herd invisibility" of how they benefit from a society which enslaved/relegated a whole population to subhuman status (there is some debate based on the World trade Fair in 1901 whether PoC were even considered human by most Americans up to the 20th century).

When you benefit from a system that has entrenched systemic bias toward a whole tract of the population its preferable to not look too deeply if doing so doesn't benefit you. This likely contributes toward the resistance toward teaching anything remotely controversial (even if it's true) as creates discomfort or dissonance.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,302

25 Apr 2022, 3:09 am

A very good video on how the American public has been brainwashed about CRT



I would make it mandatory for American kids to watch John Oliver's take on CRT to deprogram their thinking promulgated by their brainwashed parents.

America has gone through a series of historic brainwashing whether it be about race, communism, homosexuality or beliefs about guns.

Rather than the "woke generation" it explains why we have the "MAGA" generation. And America isn't the only English speaking country to be brainwashed by these stupid beliefs.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,130
Location: Long Island, New York

25 Apr 2022, 7:30 pm

cyberdad wrote:
A very good video on how the American public has been brainwashed about CRT



I would make it mandatory for American kids to watch John Oliver's take on CRT to deprogram their thinking promulgated by their brainwashed parents.

America has gone through a series of historic brainwashing whether it be about race, communism, homosexuality or beliefs about guns.

Rather than the "woke generation" it explains why we have the "MAGA" generation. And America isn't the only English speaking country to be brainwashed by these stupid beliefs.


For an anti-bigotry video, Oliver sure engages in a lot of stereotypes. And mandating this video would understandably validate paranoia. And he is wrong in that the anti CRT movement gained real momentum in Biden voting districts, and the MAGA's followed them.


Actually for the most part CRT is yesterday's news. The right has moved on It is all about "grooming" kindergarteners to be trans these days(SMH)


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,302

26 Apr 2022, 4:15 am

You do realise that despite being proven to be a non-existent problem, there are a total of 35 states so far have signed into law or proposed legislation banning or restricting the teaching of critical race theory,

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/map-ant ... d=83619715

In addition a total of 16 states so far have signed into law bills restricting education on race in classrooms or state agencies. As a result a number of teachers (some were interviewed in the video I posted) have been sacked for simply teaching American history, The last time such wide spread draconian laws banning/outlawing the teaching of facts was in the 1930s.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,130
Location: Long Island, New York

26 Apr 2022, 11:09 am

cyberdad wrote:
You do realise that despite being proven to be a non-existent problem, there are a total of 35 states so far have signed into law or proposed legislation banning or restricting the teaching of critical race theory,

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/map-ant ... d=83619715

In addition a total of 16 states so far have signed into law bills restricting education on race in classrooms or state agencies. As a result a number of teachers (some were interviewed in the video I posted) have been sacked for simply teaching American history, The last time such wide spread draconian laws banning/outlawing the teaching of facts was in the 1930s.

The anti CRT (and “Don’t Say Gay’) laws are addressed here.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman