Page 6 of 24 [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,208
Location: Illinois

20 Nov 2020, 8:03 pm

Nazis are a myth -- like the chupacabra. They don't exist.


_________________
What do you call a hot dog in a gangster suit?

Oscar Meyer Lansky


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 18,299
Location: I'm right here

20 Nov 2020, 8:07 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Nazis are a myth -- like the chupacabra. They don't exist.


Worse, they're one of the lies the global elite uses to brainwash us into being skeptical of those who love western civilization and hate communism. This is all funded by George Soros of course. I have proof but I can't post it, otherwise they'll find out I'm on to them. 8)


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,183
Location: A swiftly tilting planet

20 Nov 2020, 8:09 pm

So it's merely Republican to stand behind their ideology even if they're all dead? (they're not)

People who self-identify as such are very much real & alive. It's totally beyond me why you're saying this, ignorance is bliss though.

Grand conspiracy ideology isn't quite going as far as holocaust denial, but it's getting awfully close.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 18,299
Location: I'm right here

20 Nov 2020, 8:14 pm

cberg wrote:
Grand conspiracy ideology isn't quite going as far as holocaust denial, but it's getting awfully close.


It's also over-the-top sardonic and clearly at odds with my known stances. :wink:


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,208
Location: Illinois

20 Nov 2020, 8:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Nazis are a myth -- like the chupacabra. They don't exist.


Worse, they're one of the lies the global elite uses to brainwash us into being skeptical of those who love western civilization and hate communism. This is all funded by George Soros of course. I have proof but I can't post it, otherwise they'll find out I'm on to them. 8)


In others words, you can't tell me or they'll have to kill you. I understand.


_________________
What do you call a hot dog in a gangster suit?

Oscar Meyer Lansky


Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 20 Oct 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,545

20 Nov 2020, 8:31 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Nazis are a myth -- like the chupacabra. They don't exist.


That's a lie. Nazis are everywhere. There's probably a whole nest of them hiding in your crawlspace, waiting to come out of the woodwork.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,649
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

20 Nov 2020, 8:48 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Nazis are a myth -- like the chupacabra. They don't exist.


That's a lie. Nazis are everywhere. There's probably a whole nest of them hiding in your crawlspace, waiting to come out of the woodwork.


A sewage pit of them had planned to kidnap, put on trial, and execute the governors of Michigan and other states live on TV. Unless VegetableMan is denying that these defendants are guilty of planning such a thing. Y'know, victims of the fake news, apparently. :mrgreen:


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,639
Location: west coast

20 Nov 2020, 9:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Antrax wrote:
cberg wrote:
We live in a country where people are being killed for dissident views on this subject. Why are you in denial of this fact?

This is not a "dog whistle", it is a fact that extreme right is extremely violent.


We live in a country where people are shot up by islamist extremists for attending a gay nightclub.

I generally find extremists of all types greatly concerning and often they're pretty violent.

The difference is that violent extremist groups don't control our government. Trump for all his problematic rhetoric is much more an unstable child than sinister dictator. Is he commanding people to jail and execute those who disagree with him. No he is not.

There's a big difference between the violent far right extremists and the 70 million people who voted for Donald Trump. If you can't tell the difference then you live in a reality different than this one.


You also live in a country where alt-right terrorists walk into a Walmart and murder a bunch of people for possibly having Mexican ancestry, where other alt-right terrorists feel entitled to drive vehicles into crowds of people who disagree with them and where other like-minded extremists just occupied their state capitol with assault rifles and later plotted to assassinate their governor with the encouragement of a president who kept telling them they needed to liberate Michigan.

No, not all Trump supporters or conservatives support terrorism or dictatorship in the name of their political ideals but don't kid yourself that those extremists are the fringe of the fringe of the fringe. They're barely the fringe of the mainstream of GOP voters these days.


I'm guessing your grasp of statistics isn't strong.

According to the FBI there were 7,314 hate crimes in 2019, and 51 hate crime murders that includes the walmart mass shooting.

Let's assume ridiculously massive underreporting so that the actual numbers are 100 times that. Let's assume all the hate crimes are committed by right wing extremists even though they merely represent the majority. Let's assume all right wing extremists voted for Trump.

After all these assumptions we conclude that 1/1000 Trump voters committed a hate crime, and that 1/143,000 committed a hate murder. 1/1000 is 3 standard deviations off mean. 1/143,000 is a ridiculously small percentage. Remember to start off I assumed an underreporting rate of 1%. I can't imagine it's actually that small, especially on the murder side since those tend to have motive looked into pretty thoroughly.

So yes it is the fringe of the fringe of the fringe.


_________________
"Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is power."


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 18,299
Location: I'm right here

20 Nov 2020, 10:20 pm

Antrax wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Antrax wrote:
cberg wrote:
We live in a country where people are being killed for dissident views on this subject. Why are you in denial of this fact?

This is not a "dog whistle", it is a fact that extreme right is extremely violent.


We live in a country where people are shot up by islamist extremists for attending a gay nightclub.

I generally find extremists of all types greatly concerning and often they're pretty violent.

The difference is that violent extremist groups don't control our government. Trump for all his problematic rhetoric is much more an unstable child than sinister dictator. Is he commanding people to jail and execute those who disagree with him. No he is not.

There's a big difference between the violent far right extremists and the 70 million people who voted for Donald Trump. If you can't tell the difference then you live in a reality different than this one.


You also live in a country where alt-right terrorists walk into a Walmart and murder a bunch of people for possibly having Mexican ancestry, where other alt-right terrorists feel entitled to drive vehicles into crowds of people who disagree with them and where other like-minded extremists just occupied their state capitol with assault rifles and later plotted to assassinate their governor with the encouragement of a president who kept telling them they needed to liberate Michigan.

No, not all Trump supporters or conservatives support terrorism or dictatorship in the name of their political ideals but don't kid yourself that those extremists are the fringe of the fringe of the fringe. They're barely the fringe of the mainstream of GOP voters these days.


I'm guessing your grasp of statistics isn't strong.

According to the FBI there were 7,314 hate crimes in 2019, and 51 hate crime murders that includes the walmart mass shooting.

Let's assume ridiculously massive underreporting so that the actual numbers are 100 times that. Let's assume all the hate crimes are committed by right wing extremists even though they merely represent the majority. Let's assume all right wing extremists voted for Trump.

After all these assumptions we conclude that 1/1000 Trump voters committed a hate crime, and that 1/143,000 committed a hate murder. 1/1000 is 3 standard deviations off mean. 1/143,000 is a ridiculously small percentage. Remember to start off I assumed an underreporting rate of 1%. I can't imagine it's actually that small, especially on the murder side since those tend to have motive looked into pretty thoroughly.

So yes it is the fringe of the fringe of the fringe.


The problem isn't just those who commit those acts, they are part of broader organizations that often have overlapping membership with more mainstream right wing political groups and they're slowly normalizing themselves within those circles.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,639
Location: west coast

20 Nov 2020, 11:51 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Antrax wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Antrax wrote:
cberg wrote:
We live in a country where people are being killed for dissident views on this subject. Why are you in denial of this fact?

This is not a "dog whistle", it is a fact that extreme right is extremely violent.


We live in a country where people are shot up by islamist extremists for attending a gay nightclub.

I generally find extremists of all types greatly concerning and often they're pretty violent.

The difference is that violent extremist groups don't control our government. Trump for all his problematic rhetoric is much more an unstable child than sinister dictator. Is he commanding people to jail and execute those who disagree with him. No he is not.

There's a big difference between the violent far right extremists and the 70 million people who voted for Donald Trump. If you can't tell the difference then you live in a reality different than this one.


You also live in a country where alt-right terrorists walk into a Walmart and murder a bunch of people for possibly having Mexican ancestry, where other alt-right terrorists feel entitled to drive vehicles into crowds of people who disagree with them and where other like-minded extremists just occupied their state capitol with assault rifles and later plotted to assassinate their governor with the encouragement of a president who kept telling them they needed to liberate Michigan.

No, not all Trump supporters or conservatives support terrorism or dictatorship in the name of their political ideals but don't kid yourself that those extremists are the fringe of the fringe of the fringe. They're barely the fringe of the mainstream of GOP voters these days.


I'm guessing your grasp of statistics isn't strong.

According to the FBI there were 7,314 hate crimes in 2019, and 51 hate crime murders that includes the walmart mass shooting.

Let's assume ridiculously massive underreporting so that the actual numbers are 100 times that. Let's assume all the hate crimes are committed by right wing extremists even though they merely represent the majority. Let's assume all right wing extremists voted for Trump.

After all these assumptions we conclude that 1/1000 Trump voters committed a hate crime, and that 1/143,000 committed a hate murder. 1/1000 is 3 standard deviations off mean. 1/143,000 is a ridiculously small percentage. Remember to start off I assumed an underreporting rate of 1%. I can't imagine it's actually that small, especially on the murder side since those tend to have motive looked into pretty thoroughly.

So yes it is the fringe of the fringe of the fringe.


The problem isn't just those who commit those acts, they are part of broader organizations that often have overlapping membership with more mainstream right wing political groups and they're slowly normalizing themselves within those circles.


Don't get me wrong, I find the direction of the republican party concerning. I detest Donald Trump and his politics. While I voted for Mitt Romney in 2012, I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016, and Jo Jorgensen in 2020. In that sense I'm a former Republican who has left the party because of its direction.

But it's not accurate to call Trumpism Nazi-ism and it makes it more difficult to combat actual Nazi-ism. I think this is what the alarmists on the left don't seem to get. They make it easier for right-wing extremists to infiltrate the republican party when they declare a vote for Trump is a vote for Nazis. It's a credibility problem. And yes people calling Biden a communist have the same credibility problem.


_________________
"Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is power."


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,002
Location: Australia

20 Nov 2020, 11:59 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ever heard of Godwin's law?


Oh, stop being a Nazi. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,002
Location: Australia

21 Nov 2020, 12:10 am

League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cberg wrote:
We live in a country where people are being killed for dissident views on this subject. Why are you in denial of this fact?

This is not a "dog whistle", it is a fact that extreme right is extremely violent.


Some, but then some left-wing extremists are, too.

I find it interesting that people can't accept the fact that there are dickwads on both sides of the political divide.
It sounds like confirmation bias, to me.
Which suggest partisanship/groupthink. 8)



Groupthink= an idea or opinion many people come up with on their own. 8)


I don't mind playing.

Quote:
Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Cohesiveness, or the desire for cohesiveness, in a group may produce a tendency among its members to agree at all costs.[1] This causes the group to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation.[2][3]


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groupthink



Okay, I hope you don't go accusing others of group thinking then just because they have an opinion many people happen to share and you seem to think that just because you see many people having the same view, you think they blindly believe that view and didn't come up with it on their own without doing any research about it and reading about it.


We have people saying only the right of politics are evil and all on the left of politics are "angels".
Self-evident nonsense.

Do you agree with that statement?
If you do, it would indicate you embrace partisanship, groupthink, and confirmation bias.
I have absolutely no problem saying that. 8)


I've seen the same on the right as well what they think of the left so that also proves group thinking on your end if you agree with that statement as well and confirmation bias. I have also seen the right say how evil the left politics are.


Firstly, I have said many times there are ill-informed people on both sides of the political divide.
Being blindly partisan, on either side, doesn't impress me.

My "end" is an end where people are objective, rational, honest, and use critical thinking, rather than being a moderate conservative.
I have mentioned this before: I am an *independent*, rather than the garden variety of conservative.

BTW, Australian conservatives aren't the same as American conservatives.
I don't know how many times I have to say this to Amerikans. :scratch:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,002
Location: Australia

21 Nov 2020, 12:12 am

cberg wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cberg wrote:
Can you exemplify me any left wing dickwads brandishing AR-15 rifles at conservatives? :roll:


When antifa took over a section of the city, and told reporters to move on, they had automatic rifles.
Factual evidence, on video record. 8)


Perhaps because of the conservative dickwads with more rifles? I don't see any conservatives in your anecdote anyway.

:shrug: It's called a state of nature. We have a LOT more gun nuts on the right, maybe you would be aware if you lived here.


Wasn't a young black girl shot and killed when her mother accidentally drove into an antifa held area in CHAD, or whatever it was called?


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,002
Location: Australia

21 Nov 2020, 12:26 am

League_Girl wrote:
There have been plenty of articles and news stories covering about the right wing carrying rifles and shooting people.


Yes, it is well known how the media is dominated by the left of politics.
Just recently, the heads of twitter and facebook were held accountable for their "publishing/editorial" nature, in defiance of their terms of conditions of supposedly being a platform.
The ABC, here in Australia are supposed to be impartial, also, buy charter, but they aren't either.

It is well known that the media is heavily dominated by left-wing sympathisers, hence the lack of impartial coverage.
I think this might be why we, here in Australia, have a more objective perspective.



League_Girl wrote:
Even a Trump supporter here in Portland got sued for shooting at someone and their victim sued.


I remember, personally seeing an interview, with a black woman, who actually said she was pleased with the death of a Republican supported, in her area. Apparently, the man shouldn't have been in such a Democratic-held area and deserved to be killed because of his stupidity. 8O


League_Girl wrote:
Then there are The proud Boys and they have done violent stuff here as well and we also had Trump supporters harassing voters by lurking and honking at them and shouting out their car windows at voters who came by to drop off their ballots.

I am not saying All Trump Supporters are doing it but there is violence on the right side too.


The proud Boys are morons, yes, but every side, in every country has morons amongst them. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 8 Aug 2019
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 817

21 Nov 2020, 12:27 am

funeralxempire wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
It wasn't always called a "swastika".


What name predates swastika? :?


Right off the bat, the Japanese call that symbol "Manji", while the Chinese called it "Wan zi", and have been using it for hundreds of years before Germany did. Many asian nations had their own version of it, including Korea and Vietnam. It represented things like good fortune. Then the nazis got a hold of it.

League_Girl wrote:
Quote:
Being conservative does NOT make you a nazi. However, Nazis are more likely to be conservative, due to the similarities in adherence to traditionalism, and despite nazi germany's overuse of words like "social" or "people's", they were actually conservative viewpoints, manipulated to look "liberal" and "social". A box of rocks doesn't magically become a PS5 just cos you write it on the side of the box. The label is less important than the content.


Yes, this has been obvious all along but sadly when you mention about certain ideologies people hold or talk about people being Nazis and holding those views, people throw in the word "conservative" and auto take offense. To me this is twisting words. Unless someone says "conservatives are Nazis" then do take offense since that is what they literally had said and call them out on that bigot comment.

But however, saying "most Nazis are conservative" is not bigoted and this is a truthful statement and no way does it mean "ALL conservatives are Nazis." Anyone that interprets it that way is twisting your words.

It is no coincidence seeing racist people being Trump supporters or conservative. Same as for those that use Nazi symbols in their profiles.


What you've described is EXACTLY the twisting of words. It's a disingenuous tactic used to silence the conversation they don't want people to have. Talking about it brings attention to it, makes people aware of it. Claiming the word is overused undercuts the possibility that it could be right, or true.

This is why some people will also turn "Nazis still exist" into "NaZiS aRe EvErYwHeRe", in order to portray it as an irrational claim, rather than a legitimate observation. Strawman gaslighting. Make your idea sound crazy, in order to make you sound crazy too. In the process THEY end up overusing and diluting the the usage of the word. If they can't stop the conversation, they'll over-saturate it instead.

One problem with godwin's law is that it's base assumption is that people are simply hurling the worst insult they know. But that assumes that everyone considers "nazi" to be the "ultimate insult" or "worst thing in the world". But "nazi" is not necessarily the worst thing you can call someone. But that's also a conversation that a LOT of people DON'T want to have.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,002
Location: Australia

21 Nov 2020, 12:34 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Nazis are a myth -- like the chupacabra. They don't exist.


Personally, I disagree with the following definition. I think a Nazi is a person who was part of Hitler's regime.
I think it more accurate to say, those with Nazi sympathies are *Neo-Nazis. I.E. New-Nazis. 8)

Quote:
noun, plural Na·zis.
a member of the National Socialist German Workers' Party, which controlled Germany from 1933 to 1945 under Adolf Hitler and advocated totalitarian government, territorial expansion, anti-Semitism, and Aryan supremacy, all these leading directly to World War II and the Holocaust.
(often lowercase) a person elsewhere who holds similar views.
(often lowercase)Sometimes Offensive. a person who is fanatically dedicated to or seeks to regulate a specified activity, practice, etc.: a jazz nazi who disdains other forms of music; health nazis trying to ban junk food.
adjective
of or relating to the Nazis.


https://www.dictionary.com/browse/nazi


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.