Trump's not accepting election result said to be payback

Page 4 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 20 Oct 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,545

05 Dec 2020, 10:51 pm

That's 71 million who voted. The overall number is likely much higher. And not limited to Americans. The reason for that is seems simple. They have a different impression of him. Either all those millions are brainwashed, crazy, cultists, neo-nazis and other hyperbole, or there's simply more than one way to view the person.



CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2019
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 752
Location: Long Island, NY

05 Dec 2020, 10:55 pm

I'm still shocked that he actually accepted the presidency is 2016. Does he really not know how incompetent he is? I don't think he has dementia. Personally, I don't think there is a diagnosis for what he is. His niece, Mary, has said she thinks he may have an un-diagnosed learning disability. I think trying to figure out which cluster B personality disorders he has is fruitless. I think he is ND, just off in a different direction from us. So if there is such a condition, it makes sense that it wouldn't have a diagnosis. The DSM is not some science project, it's a guide to diagnose problems that can hopefully be corrected. If a category of ND people have been generally successful at life, they're not going to be in there just because they're different.


_________________
ND: 123/200, NT: 93/200, Aspie/NT results, AQ: 34
-------------------------------------------------------------
Fight Climate Change Now - Think Globally, Act locally.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,999

05 Dec 2020, 11:37 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^because they don't really care about anything other than their man [who is a magnification of their own selves] winning, they are not even aware they are burning the country down.


Not far from the truth. People don't just vote blind, they know who they are voting for. I think he is a personification of the ugly side of America - selfish, self-centred, greedy, hating outsiders and the weak all masquerading under the banner of being a true patriot.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,999

05 Dec 2020, 11:39 pm

CarlM wrote:
I'm still shocked that he actually accepted the presidency is 2016. Does he really not know how incompetent he is? I don't think he has dementia. Personally, I don't think there is a diagnosis for what he is. His niece, Mary, has said she thinks he may have an un-diagnosed learning disability. I think trying to figure out which cluster B personality disorders he has is fruitless. I think he is ND, just off in a different direction from us. So if there is such a condition, it makes sense that it wouldn't have a diagnosis. The DSM is not some science project, it's a guide to diagnose problems that can hopefully be corrected. If a category of ND people have been generally successful at life, they're not going to be in there just because they're different.


Yeah I am still dissecting the aftermath of the 2016 election. Will be the subject of a number of history books I am sure. I know he doesn't have dementia but he conveniently forgets when he pledges to do something and then goes back on his word.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,999

05 Dec 2020, 11:40 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
That's 71 million who voted. The overall number is likely much higher. And not limited to Americans. The reason for that is seems simple. They have a different impression of him. Either all those millions are brainwashed, crazy, cultists, neo-nazis and other hyperbole, or there's simply more than one way to view the person.


And what other way is there to "view" Trump?

He has no policies, he promised many things but never delivered one. Even his crazy wall.



Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,639
Location: west coast

06 Dec 2020, 3:18 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
That's 71 million who voted. The overall number is likely much higher. And not limited to Americans. The reason for that is seems simple. They have a different impression of him. Either all those millions are brainwashed, crazy, cultists, neo-nazis and other hyperbole, or there's simply more than one way to view the person.


All 71 million votes for Trump tell us, is that 71 million people thought we was a more worthwhile person to vote for than Biden, Jorgensen, or whoever was running for the Green party/write in candidate.

Everybody but Biden can be tossed aside by people as not being able to win. A large fraction of the populace sees the presidential election as a binary choice.

I think Biden was clearly the better choice for president, and I'm very glad he won the election. However, Biden comes with a lot of concerns, especially if you're on the center-right side of the political spectrum. I can see people thinking Trump is problematic and still thinking he's better than Biden.


_________________
"Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is power."


QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,456

06 Dec 2020, 3:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
He has no policies, he promised many things but never delivered one. Even his crazy wall.


He delivered the promise regarding moving US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.



QFT
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 27 Jun 2019
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,456

06 Dec 2020, 3:31 am

Up until few days ago I thought Trump was just being stubborn, but the past few days I watched youtube videos where I learned something new. In particular

a) Early morning, as they were counting votes, some car came. They thought it was food, but it was ballots, and vast majority of those ballots were for Biden. I don't remember exact number but it was more than 90% of votes for Biden. Which is really weird

b) They had a list of people that voted and their ages. And there were people that were 150 years old, 200 year old and even 250 year old.

Now, don't you think these two things make it look like there was, in fact, a fraud?



Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 20 Oct 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,545

06 Dec 2020, 6:09 am

Antrax wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
That's 71 million who voted. The overall number is likely much higher. And not limited to Americans. The reason for that is seems simple. They have a different impression of him. Either all those millions are brainwashed, crazy, cultists, neo-nazis and other hyperbole, or there's simply more than one way to view the person.


All 71 million votes for Trump tell us, is that 71 million people thought we was a more worthwhile person to vote for than Biden, Jorgensen, or whoever was running for the Green party/write in candidate.

Everybody but Biden can be tossed aside by people as not being able to win. A large fraction of the populace sees the presidential election as a binary choice.

I think Biden was clearly the better choice for president, and I'm very glad he won the election. However, Biden comes with a lot of concerns, especially if you're on the center-right side of the political spectrum. I can see people thinking Trump is problematic and still thinking he's better than Biden.


I'd be alright with either one. But I also think Biden is probably the better choice. Trump was too controversial and really basically a fluke. Hopefully the concerns about Biden won't come to pass.



Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 20 Oct 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,545

06 Dec 2020, 6:11 am

QFT wrote:
Up until few days ago I thought Trump was just being stubborn, but the past few days I watched youtube videos where I learned something new. In particular

a) Early morning, as they were counting votes, some car came. They thought it was food, but it was ballots, and vast majority of those ballots were for Biden. I don't remember exact number but it was more than 90% of votes for Biden. Which is really weird

b) They had a list of people that voted and their ages. And there were people that were 150 years old, 200 year old and even 250 year old.

Now, don't you think these two things make it look like there was, in fact, a fraud?


If true, absolutely.



Phoenix20
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Joined: 5 Feb 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 97

06 Dec 2020, 6:44 am

In 2016, Trump fell into the role of President and he had 3 million fewer votes than Hilary Clinton.
Trump Presidency was a disaster.
In 2020, President elect Biden so far has had 6 million+ votes than Trump.
Trump denies reality and refuses to accept defeat.
Trump lost! Biden won!



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,999

06 Dec 2020, 6:23 pm

Trump contributing to the worsening COVID situation by not standing down, sending his now sick lawyer Giuliani to spread COVID 19 without a mask while continuing the charade of election fraud.

If he is knowingly lying then isn't this a criminal offence?



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,869
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

07 Dec 2020, 3:59 pm

QFT wrote:
I saw the video clip "you can do it Trump" where they were telling him he should concede. In that clip they shown some of the previous losing candidates, both Republican and Democrate, that have conceded. Among others, they shown Hillary Clinton. When I saw her, my first thought was that they just undermined their own argument because in Hillary's case the losing side did "not" accept the defeat, as evident by Russian investigation.

Ever since then I was thinking that the way Democrats handled losing 2016 election and the way Trump handles losing 2020 election are actually very similar, and I was wondering why nobody besides me sees it. I mean whether you are a Democrat or Republican, you would assume that your party lost because the other party committed a fraud, yet the other party lost legitimately and your party never committed any fraud. What a double standard on both sides.

However, I am surprised that Trump thought about it, considering that he never publically mentioned it. My question is: why didn't he ever brought it up? This would have been a strong point if he were to do it. Then he would give Democrats a choice: either they should allow him to challenge 2020 election results, or they have to admit that in 2016 he legitimately won and there were no Russia interference. So he would gain "something" no matter which way it goes. And simply thinking about it in his head isn't going to do it. The trick is to say this out loud, publically. I don't understand why he doesn't.


Oh yeah, totally the same thing.*

*Except for the fact that Hillary conceded the election to trump the day after the election And the US Intelligence community ~unanimously determined that Russia did in fact meddle in the 2016 election via social media disinformation campaigns intended to boost trump’s chances and sow division between Americans in order to undermine Western democracy.

But besides that, yeah, totally the same thing! I see it, too! :roll: :lol:


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


cberg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,183
Location: A swiftly tilting planet

07 Dec 2020, 4:11 pm

An election can either be won by the informed voting public or a cult of personality apparently.


_________________
"Standing on a well-chilled cinder, we see the fading of the suns, and try to recall the vanished brilliance of the origin of the worlds."
-Georges Lemaitre
"I fly through hyperspace, in my green computer interface"
-Gem Tos :mrgreen:


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,399
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

08 Dec 2020, 8:32 pm

QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
He has no policies, he promised many things but never delivered one. Even his crazy wall.


He delivered the promise regarding moving US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.


As opposed to replacing Obamacare with something "YUUUGE!" Or actually building that idiot wall, and getting Mexico to pay for it. Or winning a trade war with China. The list is virtually endless.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,999

08 Dec 2020, 9:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
QFT wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
He has no policies, he promised many things but never delivered one. Even his crazy wall.


He delivered the promise regarding moving US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.


As opposed to replacing Obamacare with something "YUUUGE!" Or actually building that idiot wall, and getting Mexico to pay for it. Or winning a trade war with China. The list is virtually endless.


Well 1 out of 50 ain't bad :lol: