Reply personal responsibility is a crock: here is why

Page 47 of 48 [ 755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,623
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

30 Aug 2021, 11:04 pm

aghogday wrote:
^^^



[align=center]HAha!

Why Are You (AND MANY OTHERS)
SO Pre-Occupied
With Calling God

'HE'...

Now Do You Get it?

No, I don’t get it. I see being male as nothing to be ashamed of.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,124

30 Aug 2021, 11:37 pm

^^^



It's A BiG UNiVeRSE

DuDE, hehe,

Even

Bigger
Than me...

Including 'God'...

Other Than That HAha
As 'Austin Powers' Said

"It's Good to Be me"

With 2000 Or so More
Autographed Selfies Just Like This

Below Reaching 60 Years of Age

And Still Moving Forward

Still Getting Stronger;

Recently, Just Another

40 Pounds Added For

Just Getting Warmed

Up to Work-Out with

1380 Pounds Leg Pressing
Style More than Any Elite
Military Dude at the MIlitary
Gym i Work out at age 61 Now...

Don't Even Think For A Second the
'Victim Routine BS' Will ever work on me... HeHE..;)

Image



_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,623
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

30 Aug 2021, 11:47 pm

aghogday wrote:
^^^



It's A BiG UNiVeRSE

DuDE, hehe,

Even

Bigger
Than me...

Including 'God'...

Other Than That HAha
As 'Austin Powers' Said

"It's Good to Be me"

With 2000 Or so More
Autographed Selfies Just Like This

Below Reaching 60 Years of Age

And Still Moving Forward

Still Getting Stronger;

Recently, Just Another

40 Pounds Added For

Just Getting Warmed

Up to Work-Out with

1380 Pounds Leg Pressing
Style More than Any Elite
Military Dude at the MIlitary
Gym i Work out at age 61 Now...

Don't Even Think For A Second the
'Victim Routine BS' Will ever work on me... HeHE..;)

Image



Still doesn’t explain why you think being male is something to be ashamed of.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,124

31 Aug 2021, 6:35 am

^6^



Ahem, Direct me to where i said that It is Shameful to Be a Man...

Toxic Patriarchy Is EXTREMELY SHAMEFUL AND DESERVES CALLING OUT...

THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING SHAMEFUL FOR BEING A REAL MAN NOW....

Highlight 'Real Man';
One Who Does

Not Stoop

to Lies to

Make a False Point...

Otherwise, You Are Simply Lying,
Doing Another Pathetic Attempt
to Gaslight Someone Else's Reality in
the Trump Meme Way oF iGNoRance...

It's Clear That i Believe It's Ignorance to Call God Only 'He'...

It's that simple, for i Believe God Is Much More than Human (Yes, ALL) Alone...

Dude, You Are Not Playing With 'Little Boys' Here Or Little Gods; i am not Your Student...



_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,623
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

31 Aug 2021, 7:12 am

aghogday wrote:
^6^



[align=center]Ahem, Direct me to where i said that It is Shameful to Be a Man...

You certainly believe it.

aghogday wrote:
Toxic Patriarchy Is EXTREMELY SHAMEFUL AND DESERVES CALLING OUT...

What toxic patriarchy? The people most vocal about any patriarchy really do believe that it is shameful to be a man.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,124

31 Aug 2021, 7:17 am

AngelRho wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^6^



[align=center]Ahem, Direct me to where i said that It is Shameful to Be a Man...

You certainly believe it.

aghogday wrote:
Toxic Patriarchy Is EXTREMELY SHAMEFUL AND DESERVES CALLING OUT...

What toxic patriarchy? The people most vocal about any patriarchy really do believe that it is shameful to be a man.



You Are Lying,

And You Are Shameful;

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT
BEING A REAL MAN IS SHAMEFUL.

I DO BELIEVE THAT LYING IS SHAMEFUL...

Therefore, i am Calling You out on YOUR LIE HERE.

And As Far as Toxic Patriarchy Goes; Let's use an

EXAMPLE IN REAL LIFE FACE TO FACE THAT HAS NOTHING

TO DO WITH YOU...

i'm in A Bar in The
Restroom And Some

Dudes are Having

A Laugh About

Abusing Women;

After They Cross my

Path They Don't Do It Again...

i don't Think You Need Any
Details, Yet i'll be Happy to
Provide them if Ya Wanna Hear them Now...


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,623
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

31 Aug 2021, 10:01 am

aghogday wrote:
AngelRho wrote:
aghogday wrote:
^6^



[align=center]Ahem, Direct me to where i said that It is Shameful to Be a Man...

You certainly believe it.

aghogday wrote:
Toxic Patriarchy Is EXTREMELY SHAMEFUL AND DESERVES CALLING OUT...

What toxic patriarchy? The people most vocal about any patriarchy really do believe that it is shameful to be a man.



You Are Lying,

And You Are Shameful;

Sounds like a personal attack to me.

aghogday wrote:
I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT
BEING A REAL MAN IS SHAMEFUL.



And As Far as Toxic Patriarchy Goes; Let's use an

EXAMPLE IN REAL LIFE FACE TO FACE THAT HAS NOTHING

TO DO WITH YOU...

i'm in A Bar in The
Restroom And Some

Dudes are Having

A Laugh About

Abusing Women;

After They Cross my

Path They Don't Do It Again...

i don't Think You Need Any
Details, Yet i'll be Happy to
Provide them if Ya Wanna Hear them Now...

Sounds violent. You do realize that violent tendencies are a defining characteristic of toxic masculinity, right? Is violence what you mean by being a “REAL MAN”?

To be clear, I am against the initiation of violence. I think it is occasionally necessary and justified to repay violence for violence, but never to initiate violence. Often violence can be answered by diplomacy, but not always. So I am not the person who objects to violence as a whole when it becomes necessary to protect the individual and his interests. If you are going on about toxic masculinity, then you DO have a problem with men as a whole, yourself included, because violent tendencies (according to toxic masculinity) are inherent to the sex. To hint that you react violently towards other men who speak a certain way regarding women or their treatment of women means that you are simply part of the problem. I don’t mean to imply that you really ARE part of the problem. I just mean I don’t think you understand what you are saying about yourself. If what you are saying is the case, it may mean 1. You don’t know what toxic masculinity is, 2. You don’t actually believe in toxic masculinity, or 3. You don’t actually care.

Also…I don’t think your definition of “REAL MAN” holds up in any lasting, meaningful way. That puts you walking the line between reason and the No True Scotsman fallacy.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,124

31 Aug 2021, 11:02 am



Well i'll Have to Give You Credit 'This Try' at Least You Make it clear

You Are Only Guessing Why The Dudes Didn't Do It Anymore...

Okay, The Rest of the Story... The Dudes Were Bragging About

Surrounding Women LIKE 'GANG RAPE LiTE' FORCING THEM

TO GET CLOSE TO THEM TO GET THEIR ATTENTION, Yes That IS Toxic Patriarchy,
Full Stop, No IFS, ANDS OR BUTS; BEING A 'REAL MAN' Doesn't Necessarily Have to
Be associated With Toxic Patriarchy, And Is Also Dependent on CuLTuRaL/Personal Opinions....

So Anyway, Back to the Dance Hall Bar Story:

YAWN...

They Had already Seen

What i am Capable of

Physically; There Was

No Concern of Violence At

All; Just A Lesson of How To

Properly Get A Woman's Attention,

Without Circling Them And Crowding

Them in A "Gang Rape Lite" Scenario to
Get Their Attention; My Lesson to them Was/

STILL IS, If You Want to Get A Woman's Attention

Be Enough, Be COMPLETE; BE NAKED WHOLE ENOUGH;

DO YOU FREE AND FEARLESS IN DANCE SOLO AND THE

WOMEN WILL

BE THE

ONES TO CIRCLE

YOU; NOTICE HOW

(Even Approaching 60 Years-Old)

i PROVIDED THE EVIDENCE

IN ADVANCE; HEHE, AND YOU

Fell Right into the Lair of my 'Spiderman Web'...

Dude, if Anything, i've Been Criticized For Loving
Myself too Much; Yet i Do Provide Enough Love to
Go Around As i Also Told the Dudes, if You Want

to Really Impress

A Woman; LOTS
OF WOMEN ALL
AT ONCE
TOTALLY
FOR REAL

Soul Deep

Where 'She'

Will Never Forget

You Until Her Dying

Day; DO MORE THAN DANCE;
Write A Poem FROM REAL SOUL and

Include Something About 'Her' in it...

Anyway, i Showed Them What Works

And What Does Not Work; As they were

Just Bragging Before Going Home All Alone As Failures...

The Best Offense is A Good Defense; No One Messes with
me in 'Little Trump Town USA'; As Most Everyone Watches me Carry
244 Pounds Through Time, Distance, And Space Like i Don't Weigh Anything at all...

All CHI FRiEnDS With Gravity, 'Grasshopper'; (Reference to the Old Kung Fu TV Series)

In other Words, STILL NOW

There is the Element

(OF THE UNKNOWN)

of i've Never Seen

A Big Man

Move That Way;

On The Other Hand,

They Haven't All Seen
me Leg Press up to 1520

Pounds, 6.3 Times my Weight of 244 Pounds...

That's What it Takes to Move Man Mountains FOR REAL;

Do NOT Lie about What i NEVER SAID I BELIEVE; I AM Cautioning

YOU NOT TO
DO THAT AGAIN NOW.

ONLY A REAL FOOL WOULD
SUGGEST NOW i AM ASHAMED
TO BE A MAN; At Least Face to Face...

"There Was One of me And 6 Of Them"...
Actually There Were 9 And WAY Too Many Others to Fit in the 'Gif'...

YeS, Hehe, THere's Enough of me to Take Personal Responsibility...;)



_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,623
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

31 Aug 2021, 11:51 am

aghogday wrote:


Well i'll Have to Give You Credit 'This Try' at Least You Make it clear

You Are Only Guessing Why The Dudes Didn't Do It Anymore...

Okay, The Rest of the Story... The Dudes Were Bragging About

Surrounding Women LIKE 'GANG RAPE LiTE' FORCING THEM

TO GET CLOSE TO THEM TO GET THEIR ATTENTION, Yes That IS Toxic Patriarchy,
Full Stop, No IFS, ANDS OR BUTS; BEING A 'REAL MAN' Doesn't Necessarily Have to
Be associated With Toxic Patriarchy, And Is Also Dependent on CuLTuRaL/Personal Opinions....

So Anyway, Back to the Dance Hall Bar Story:

YAWN...

They Had already Seen

What i am Capable of

Physically; There Was

No Concern of Violence At

All; Just A Lesson of How To

Properly Get A Woman's Attention,

Without Circling Them And Crowding

Them in A "Gang Rape Lite" Scenario to
Get Their Attention; My Lesson to them Was/

STILL IS, If You Want to Get A Woman's Attention

Be Enough, Be COMPLETE; BE NAKED WHOLE ENOUGH;

DO YOU FREE AND FEARLESS IN DANCE SOLO AND THE

WOMEN WILL

BE THE

ONES TO CIRCLE

YOU; NOTICE HOW

(Even Approaching 60 Years-Old)

i PROVIDED THE EVIDENCE

IN ADVANCE; HEHE, AND YOU

Fell Right into the Lair of my 'Spiderman Web'...

Dude, if Anything, i've Been Criticized For Loving
Myself too Much; Yet i Do Provide Enough Love to
Go Around As i Also Told the Dudes, if You Want

to Really Impress

A Woman; LOTS
OF WOMEN ALL
AT ONCE
TOTALLY
FOR REAL

Soul Deep

Where 'She'

Will Never Forget

You Until Her Dying

Day; DO MORE THAN DANCE;
Write A Poem FROM REAL SOUL and

Include Something About 'Her' in it...

Anyway, i Showed Them What Works

And What Does Not Work; As they were

Just Bragging Before Going Home All Alone As Failures...

The Best Offense is A Good Defense; No One Messes with
me in 'Little Trump Town USA'; As Most Everyone Watches me Carry
244 Pounds Through Time, Distance, And Space Like i Don't Weigh Anything at all...

All CHI FRiEnDS With Gravity, 'Grasshopper'; (Reference to the Old Kung Fu TV Series)

In other Words, STILL NOW

There is the Element

(OF THE UNKNOWN)

of i've Never Seen

A Big Man

Move That Way;

On The Other Hand,

They Haven't All Seen
me Leg Press up to 1520

Pounds, 6.3 Times my Weight of 244 Pounds...

That's What it Takes to Move Man Mountains FOR REAL;

Do NOT Lie about What i NEVER SAID I BELIEVE; I AM Cautioning

YOU NOT TO
DO THAT AGAIN NOW.

ONLY A REAL FOOL WOULD
SUGGEST NOW i AM ASHAMED
TO BE A MAN; At Least Face to Face...

"There Was One of me And 6 Of Them"...
Actually There Were 9 And WAY Too Many Others to Fit in the 'Gif'...

YeS, Hehe, THere's Enough of me to Take Personal Responsibility...;)



Ok, so not by outright threat, just through intimidation. That’s still playing into the toxic masculinity system.

Personally, I’m somewhere between not really believing in toxic masculinity and not caring about it. If it’s even a thing, which I highly doubt, it simply isn’t relevant to my experience.

Another inconsistency I see with the theory as a whole is it’s still a play on the old idea that women need protecting. What women need is for men to mind their own business and let women have autonomy and agency…something they cannot have while toxic men are acting like superheroes protecting them from other toxic men. There’s no such thing as a “REAL MAN” unless he’s toxic. This breaks down because the only kind of man a woman can have without toxic masculinity is not a real man, yet women don’t desire men who aren’t real. That puts us right back where we started. You have men who are more “gang rapey” trying to get female attention on one side and the Savior/Messiah types who fight the gang rapey men to get female attention, knights in shining armor come to rescue the damsel in distress. If you buy into toxic masculinity, you recognize that BOTH are toxic, with the KISA-type men robbing women of their agency to stand up for themselves.

Beneath those alphas you have the nice-guy incels whining about how both are jerks and women only like jerks…but that’s another topic probably unsuited for WP…

[EDIT]
I don’t believe women do not need protection. I think women SHOULD be protected. If you push toxic masculinity as a thing, then I’m probably one of the most toxic men on here. I believe that all people have value, all people including men, and thus according to toxic masculinity I am part of the problem. I understand perfectly well that men often do behave badly and that women depend on good men for protection against bad actors. Protecting women works to the mutual benefit of women AND men. If caring about women and wanting to see them treated well means I’m toxic, then so be it. I don’t waste time hating myself for being what I am, hence why “toxic” anything isn’t part of my usual vocabulary.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,124

31 Aug 2021, 12:17 pm



THERE WAS NO INTIMIDATION From me;

i Remain Calm As The Center of A Hurricane

No Matter Where i am or What i am Doing Now;

YES, JUST RESPECT FROM THEM ALREADY FOR SEEING WHAT

i Am Capable of Doing;

i Was Just Teaching

The Young Men Lessons;

Where They Wouldn't Be Failures Anymore...

You Read A lot into What i Never Say; Yet Rape
Culture is Toxic Patriarchy, No IFS AND OR BUTS;

AND YES 'REAL MEN', DON'T KEEP QUIET THEY SAY NO AND SHAME RAPE CULTURE IF NECESSARY.

THIS CONVERSATION, is totally Out of the Subject Matter of What i Said in the First

Place; That has Nothing to do with this:

God (ALL) is too Big

to Fit into Human

Form Alone; Period.

That Has Nothing Personal

To Do With How i View my
Frigging Manhood; That is

Obviously Enough for the
Ones Who Count Most for me; 'The Ladies' Baby... Hehe...

You Obviously Brought that in the Conversation As A 'Red Herring'...

And That's Okay; As i am Open to Changing The Discussion as well...



_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,623
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

31 Aug 2021, 1:24 pm

aghogday wrote:


THERE WAS NO INTIMIDATION From me;

YES, JUST RESPECT FROM THEM ALREADY FOR SEEING WHAT

i Am Capable of Doing;

i Was Just Teaching

The Young Men Lessons;

Where They Wouldn't Be Failures Anymore...

Ok, but that’s intimidation. And crazy-toxic. I mean, who are YOU to teach anybody anything? If it’s about toxic masculinity, you beat the system by minding your own business.

aghogday wrote:

THIS CONVERSATION, is totally Out of the Subject Matter of What i Said in the First

Place; That has Nothing to do with this:


You Obviously Brought that in the Conversation As A 'Red Herring'...

And That's Okay; As i am Open to Changing The Discussion as well...


You’re the one who brought up the topic of God, penises, and toxic masculinity.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,124

31 Aug 2021, 2:15 pm



Nope; The Young Men Didn't See my Lessons As Toxic At All; They Intently Paid attention with Respect...

Not Any Different Than The Evidence in this Thread; They Had Already Seen The Success of my Way in Effect Before...

"With God being infinite, he must exist in all possible worlds if he exists in one."

(REMEMBER THE RECORD STILL IS HERE IN THIS THREAD; IT HASN'T DISAPPEARED)

Your Comment Above Quoted First That i Responded to Entering This Discussion;

From There i Went on to Describe The Ridiculous

Nature of Mixing

Something

As Small

As "He"
Per Human
Pronoun Now

"Existing in All
Possible Worlds"

That Other Than the

"He" Part of Your Statement

Isn't too Far From 'The All' Of God i am Speaking to;

It's Really Simple Man, Why The Hell Do Folks Refer to God as 'He'...

It Only
Makes

SENSE From

The Perspective

Of the Myth That

All of God Will Be Contained As 'Man'....

Or Even Human For That Matter too; Just Not Enough

Space to Contain the All in All that i for one View God As...

That surely Has Nothing to Do Personally With Being A Man or

How One Views

That Condition...

It's Obviously

Just A Tradition

That Makes Little

Sense to Younger Generations;

And Just Part of What is Driving AWAY

Folks FROM A MORE Transcendent Aspect
of 'Mystical Religion'...

It's Very

Concrete

Without

Much Personality (Spirit) As Such...
And It's Not Hard to Do The Research

That The Folks Who Decided That Jesus
Is Some Only Divine Being Lived Centuries

After Jesus Lived On Earth For Whatever Measure
He Was As Just Another Little Brown Dude Then From The Middle East...

And Therein Lies the Truth of the False Matter; It's Just A Story Written Centuries Later...

And That's Okay too..

Yet, i Don't Worship

The Stories Other Dudes Write..

Meanwhile, Other Religions Help Folks Ascend
Transcend In 'Tao Flow' In Unity With All That Is Now
In Autotelic Ways of Experiencing the All in All Free,

FRiEnDS With Gravity in Total Balance Now

YeS ETernally

NoW iN

Real Heaven

Within; While Again,

Other Folks Worship
An Idol Book and Idol Man...

This is the Part that is my Special
Interest; This is the Part that i responded to...

Yet On the Other Hand; the Other Part YOU BROUGHT
UP IS INTERESTING ENOUGH FOR ME TO DISCUSS, SO I DID...

Yet i Surely

Didn't Bring

Up Anything

About 'Personal Male Shame'

That Was All About What You Said, Not me...

Perhaps, You Were Confused by What i Said;

Yet i've NEVER EVER TALKED ABOUT 'MALE SHAME' ON THIS INTERNET SITE...

YES, RAPE CULTURE IS BAD; YES RAPE CULTURE IS TOXIC PATRIARCHY; YET THAT AIN'T 'MALE SHAME'...

AS IT ONLY APPLIES

TO FOLKS INVOLVED

IN ABUSE AGAINST OTHERS...



_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,623
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

31 Aug 2021, 7:44 pm

aghogday wrote:


[align=center]Nope; The Young Men Didn't See my Lessons As Toxic At All; They Intently Paid attention with Respect...

Not Any Different Than The Evidence in this Thread; They Had Already Seen The Success of my Way in Effect Before...

"With God being infinite, he must exist in all possible worlds if he exists in one."

(REMEMBER THE RECORD STILL IS HERE IN THIS THREAD; IT HASN'T DISAPPEARED)

Your Comment Above Quoted First That i Responded to Entering This Discussion;

From There i Went on to Describe The Ridiculous

Nature of Mixing

Something

As Small

As "He"
Per Human
Pronoun Now

There you go again with the pronoun thing. Why all the hate towards masculine pronouns? I thought you said there’s nothing shameful about being male. If there’s nothing wrong with being male, surely there is nothing wrong with God preferring to identify as male. Other near-eastern traditions held creation myths that involved a father-creator god who “fathered” the world from his own semen. The role of God as a father-creator makes sense in this regard in that unlike other gods he can create the world ex nihilo simply by speaking it into being. In other traditions (Greek), certain deities or sub-deities were born from the father god’s forehead, indicating that these deities arose from the thoughts or wisdom of a god. Yahweh, otoh, fathered his creation through the Word. To despise the masculine pronoun is to despise God’s role as Heavenly Father who cares and provides for his creation.



Regarding all possible worlds, don’t misunderstand what I’m saying. “All possible worlds” represents a modern variation on the ontological proof of God’s existence and is a logical proof. “All possible worlds” refers to all LOGICALLY POSSIBLE worlds, including the actual world, and more specifically refers to all logically CONCEIVABLE worlds. Is it conceivable to imagine a world in which a geometry exists that allows for squared circles? Yes. In the ACTUAL world, squaring the circle has been proven impossible time and time again. A square circle, otoh, meaning a 2D object that is a circle with properties of a square, is inconceivable. It is a contradiction and therefore inconceivable—you cannot even imagine it. Thus there is no possible world in which such a thing could ever exist.

When we say “possible worlds,” we acknowledge things that are known to be impossible in the universe as we know it but COULD be possible in a different world. We cannot assume that such a world or universe exists. It is sufficient that it COULD. The truth is the actual world is the only world or universe that exists. To suggest any other world exists would mean God made a mistake and kept a backup plan just in case something went wrong. God’s divine attribute of perfect goodness means no backup plan is or was ever needed. The “possible worlds” test is simply a tool for judging the strength of a concept and showing whether a thing is necessary or contingent. If God only exists in one possible world, or if God only exists in the actual world but not all other possible worlds, then God’s existence is not necessary. If God is merely contingent, why then is he God? Would there not then be a greater conceivable being? The point is never that possible worlds actually exist, but rather IF they were to exist, what could we say about them? And based on what we might say about a world that could possibly exist, how does that shape how we think about the actual world we live in? Given God’s eternal attributes, it is impossible to imagine a world without God in it, which means God is necessary. Anything that is necessary must actually exist.

Keep in mind that it has to do with logical possibility, not ACTUAL existence, and is not to be confused with alternate realities or the “many worlds hypothesis” or certain interpretations of QM.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,124

31 Aug 2021, 11:00 pm

^^^



My Point From The Start...

'God' Choosing to

Identify As He Or
Any Human Alone

Is A Most Ridiculous Thing

i Have Ever Heard in my Life;

You Are Surely Welcome to Your

Beliefs; Yet i See them NO MORE CREDIBLE

THAN FOLKS WHO BELIEVE NOT WEARING MASKS

IS THE SMART THING FOR CHILDREN TO DO IN
SCHOOLS IN THE MIDDLE OF A DEADLIEST PANDEMIC

IN FLORIDA UNVACCINATED....

i Am Used to Ignorance...

Just Using

What i See

aS iGNoRaNCE

Here As DarK Muse

For Poetry; Yet Again,

Can't See Where ThiS iGNoRaNCE
Alone is Harming Anyone So You Are Welcome to it...

No Doubt in my Mind, if the Little Brown Dude Who Died on A Cross
Could Come Back, He Would 'See' it AT LEAST AS RIDICULOUS AS i Do...

Unless He
Had some

Other Kind of Issue

That i am not aware of Since
He never Wrote A Word
in Defense of Who He was...

His Existence is ALL A STory Written by other Folks...

And If People Could Just Follow the Good Parts of the Story The World
Might Be A Much Better Place than A World Where Little Brown Men are

Idolized

As God...

Sort of Like
Doing it with
A Green Space Alien

Who No One Has Actually
Seen or Cinderella or Whoever...

As Far As i 'See', i Recognize God Lives in
me, MaKinG me Whole, Complete, ALL And Enough...

Similar to A Cat or A Dog or A Lizard or A Monkey's Butt...

Or Leaves

Of Grass

Feeding Trees Green
Falling to the Ground
Feeding Soils For New
Trees to Resurrect From Leaves...

Circle of Life Dude; It's Everywhere
When ya Really 'See' God in All... You

May Stick With ONLY One Pronoun If You like, Yet NOT ME...

Never Ever

Never Now...



_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Jan 2008
Age: 43
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,623
Location: The Landmass between N.O. and Mobile

01 Sep 2021, 9:42 am

aghogday wrote:
^^^



My Point From The Start...

'God' Choosing to

Identify As He Or
Any Human Alone

Is A Most Ridiculous Thing

i Have Ever Heard in my Life;



Only because you have a problem with being male and with masculinity. If there’s no problem with being male, there’s no problem with God being male. And what’s so bad about God identifying as human if he wants to? Is God so powerless he cannot become flesh and walk among us?



King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Aug 2021
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 764
Location: The City of Roses

01 Sep 2021, 9:58 am

If God were strictly male then how could he create all life without the help of a female Goddess by his side?


...oh that's right, he DID have a mate at one point. A Caananite Goddess named Asherah who was erased from history. :mrgreen:





https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah


_________________
♡ The Clergy
◇ The Merchants
♧ The Peasants
♤ The Military