Page 33 of 44 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 44  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 7:06 am

babybird wrote:
Yes you're right. That is exactly what they have done.

Imo they have told her she mustn't resign because it's not in the interests of the party and they have put someone else in power by another means. It's absolutely incredible that they are allowed to get away with this.

I mean how many more tory oms are we going to see before we get a chance to vote the bastards out.

Hit the nail right on the head. They will keep replacing the leader/PM indefinitely, mark my words. I wouldn't be surprised if they made elections illegal soon.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

19 Oct 2022, 8:12 am

DuckHairback wrote:
Jeremy Hunt was not well-liked in the Conservative Party. He had a very small base of support - hence his performance in recent leadership elections. So how is he suddenly in charge? Who made that decision? Not Liz Truss, clearly.
You may be right, but I think you're underestimating her utter dimness - and the worthless sycophants sitting behind her in the HoC don't have a backbone between them to stand up and speak out.

Hunt was a disaster back then and he's going to be a disaster now.

Quote:
It's deeply, deeply troubling.
That it is, there's no denying it.

Biscuitman wrote:
PMQ's - she just openly contradicted her new Chancellor on the question of the triple lock :lol:
Yes, I was watching her dismal performance in PMQ's barely minutes after reading an article saying that the triple lock couldn't be guaranteed and is "on the table", doubtless awaiting a shredding. No-one seemed to pick up on that u-turn/self-contradiction in the house (they've been overloaded with them recently, after all), but it's unlikely to go unnoticed outside the HoC.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

19 Oct 2022, 8:17 am

KitLily wrote:
Hit the nail right on the head. They will keep replacing the leader/PM indefinitely, mark my words. I wouldn't be surprised if they made elections illegal soon.
I doubt it would be allowed to go that far - we seem to have at least a partially functional opposition and there are still some adults in the HoL - but the entire leadership/PM selection method stinks. That they've been scraping the bottom of the barrel lately with a series of utter failures for PM only highlights that.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 8:27 am

Cornflake wrote:
KitLily wrote:
I doubt it would be allowed to go that far - we seem to have at least a partially functional opposition and there are still some adults in the HoL - but the entire leadership/PM selection method stinks. That they've been scraping the bottom of the barrel lately with a series of utter failures for PM only highlights that.

I really wouldn't hold your breath. They've just made it legal to arrest anyone who is 'likely' to protest. I never thought we'd get that far. So they can push anything through. Hopefully the Lords would save us though!

We just need a GE right now...but how?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 8:47 am

Fracking vote tonight could be really quite interesting

Labour managed to get it in. Loads of Tory MP's don't want fracking. Tories have imposed a 3 line whip on the vote to support fracking. If an MP has put a letter into the 1922 committee to get rid of Truss, then votes against fracking tonight, they have the whip removed and their letter to the 1922 is then discounted

what a huge mess

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 10:33 am

Braverman has gone apparently

She's not even been in the job 50 days.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 10:56 am

She was against the india trade deal (as the Government want to open up to high immigration numbers from India) but there are some reports that she was caught passing secret government information to people on her personal phone 8O 8O 8O

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 11:05 am

Biscuitman wrote:
She was against the india trade deal (as the Government want to open up to high immigration numbers from India) but there are some reports that she was caught passing secret government information to people on her personal phone 8O 8O 8O

Crazy. On the upside she will have less of a chance of becoming pm in the future.

Looks like Chaps has been appointed the job now.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 11:17 am

So Braverman wasn't sacked because of her extreme views and obvious insanity. She resigned because she broke a technical law.

This shows how far this government has fallen...

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 11:19 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Fracking vote tonight could be really quite interesting

Labour managed to get it in. Loads of Tory MP's don't want fracking. Tories have imposed a 3 line whip on the vote to support fracking. If an MP has put a letter into the 1922 committee to get rid of Truss, then votes against fracking tonight, they have the whip removed and their letter to the 1922 is then discounted

what a huge mess

2 Tory MP's already publicly said they will vote against the Party

This vote has a chance of being spectacular

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 11:19 am

KitLily wrote:
So Braverman wasn't sacked because of her extreme views and obvious insanity. She resigned because she broke a technical law.

Shapps to take over, who has a spreadsheet on his phone to help keep track of how he can bring down the Truss government :lol:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 11:23 am

Biscuitman wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Shapps to take over, who has a spreadsheet on his phone to help keep track of how he can bring down the Truss government :lol:

I wait with bated breath :roll: Does he want to take over as PM? And join the long list.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 11:26 am

4 of them have now said they will vote against the Party at 7pm tonight

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 11:27 am

KitLily wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
KitLily wrote:

I wait with bated breath :roll: Does he want to take over as PM? And join the long list.

Well if she thinks this move will ensure he won't stab her in the back she needs to cast her mind back a few months. He was one of the main ones who handed the loaded gun to Johnson.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

19 Oct 2022, 12:13 pm

KitLily wrote:
I suspect this "mistake" turned into a handy exit route, which she took immediate advantage of and virtue signalled her way out the door.

Her resignation letter makes it clear she wasn't happy with the direction of the government.
:lol: Really? I wasn't aware it actually had one, apart from lurching around doing u-turns or just spinning on the spot.

Suella Braverman: Home Secretary's resignation letter in full

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2022, 12:24 pm

Cornflake wrote:
I suspect this "mistake" turned into a handy exit route, which she took immediate advantage of and virtue signalled her way out the door.

Her resignation letter makes it clear she wasn't happy with the direction of the government.
:lol: Really? I wasn't aware it actually had one, apart from lurching around doing u-turns or just spinning on the spot.

Suella Braverman: Home Secretary's resignation letter in full

Yes, it looks like she wanted to find a way out.

She probably meant the government wasn't extreme enough for her :lol: