Italian Winemaker Defends Adolf Hitler-Branded Wine

Page 4 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,284

19 Aug 2022, 10:50 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, it must only be a small part of the left, as I've never heard of anyone lionizing Stalin outside of Putin and his nationalist friends in Russia.


That's because you're sheltered and a normie, tankies and their imagery are quite common in leftist spaces.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Some progressives. Or do you paint whole groups of people with the same brush?


Oh, now you suddenly have a problem with broad generalizations? And yet you're the first to affirm them when they're made about the right, when you're not making them yourself of course. Annoying, isn't it?


I might just resemble that remark. :lol: But when you get down to it, I'm critical of those on the right who think heartlessness is a virtue, who think someone's worth is based on their material wealth or success, or those extreme righties who have embraced white nationalism and Christian nationalism to the exclusion of everyone else, or those who believe every whackadoodle conspiracy theory, and who have fallen into the Trump cult of personality, etc., etc., etc. I have been consistent in that regard, and I fail to see how I'm wrong about any of that.
Am I naïve and sheltered? Well, that just means I'm exposed to the mainstream left, not to tiny, insignificant extreme leftist groups puffing themselves up to be more than they are.


Dox and Raptor up to their old tricks trolling you Kraichie. Please don't feel the need to defend yourself.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,015
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

19 Aug 2022, 11:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, it must only be a small part of the left, as I've never heard of anyone lionizing Stalin outside of Putin and his nationalist friends in Russia.


That's because you're sheltered and a normie, tankies and their imagery are quite common in leftist spaces.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Some progressives. Or do you paint whole groups of people with the same brush?


Oh, now you suddenly have a problem with broad generalizations? And yet you're the first to affirm them when they're made about the right, when you're not making them yourself of course. Annoying, isn't it?


I might just resemble that remark. :lol: But when you get down to it, I'm critical of those on the right who think heartlessness is a virtue, who think someone's worth is based on their material wealth or success, or those extreme righties who have embraced white nationalism and Christian nationalism to the exclusion of everyone else, or those who believe every whackadoodle conspiracy theory, and who have fallen into the Trump cult of personality, etc., etc., etc. I have been consistent in that regard, and I fail to see how I'm wrong about any of that.
Am I naïve and sheltered? Well, that just means I'm exposed to the mainstream left, not to tiny, insignificant extreme leftist groups puffing themselves up to be more than they are.


Dox and Raptor up to their old tricks trolling you Kraichie. Please don't feel the need to defend yourself.


I know. It's more a matter of personal hubris on my part having to respond.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,909
Location: Seattle-ish

20 Aug 2022, 1:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
Dox and Raptor up to their old tricks trolling you Kraichie. Please don't feel the need to defend yourself.


I love that I can flat out tell the both of you how I'm going to use you to make my points for me, and yet you still can't help yourselves. Both of you are what are called "weak men", i.e. people who argue so poorly that you're more beneficial to the opposing side than your own. Without people like you around, I'd have to rebut much stronger and well supported arguments, or resort to misstating what was said in order to knock down the straw versions of opposing opinions, but with you two and a handful of others doing most of the work for me, there are no shortages of blatant falsehoods, unsupported assertions, question begging, and every other form of fallacious argument for me to dig into. You'd truly be more convincing through silence, as you're actively anti-persuasive.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,909
Location: Seattle-ish

20 Aug 2022, 2:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
Seen anyone quoting Das Kapital?....nope
Seen anyone blowing up stuff in the name of marxism?....nope
Seen anyone walking around with images of Chairman Mao sewed into their jackets?....nope


I love how even if your argument weren't idiotic on its face (If they're not quoting Marx it's only sparkling socialism?), you seem to have forgotten yet again that you don't live in this country, let alone my corner of it, and that there are actually people in my area doing all of those things (they mostly break windows and set fires instead of blowing things up, minor quibble). I mean, I can actually see this stuff in person, especially if I drive a little North or South, but it's also trivially easy to find exactly what you're claiming doesn't exist online, it's not exactly hidden. I don't even need to break down the links between Marxism and the various voguish critical theories (again), I can just go snap a photo with the actual statue of V.I. Lenin in Seattle.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,284

20 Aug 2022, 2:14 am

Dox47 wrote:
Without people like you around, I'd have to rebut much stronger and well supported arguments, or resort to misstating what was said in order to knock down the straw versions of opposing opinions,


Feel free to resort to using actual "evidence" Doxxy :lol: I'm certainly not stopping you



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,284

20 Aug 2022, 2:18 am

Dox47 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Seen anyone quoting Das Kapital?....nope
Seen anyone blowing up stuff in the name of marxism?....nope
Seen anyone walking around with images of Chairman Mao sewed into their jackets?....nope


I love how even if your argument weren't idiotic on its face (If they're not quoting Marx it's only sparkling socialism?), you seem to have forgotten yet again that you don't live in this country, let alone my corner of it, and that there are actually people in my area doing all of those things (they mostly break windows and set fires instead of blowing things up, minor quibble). I mean, I can actually see this stuff in person, especially if I drive a little North or South, but it's also trivially easy to find exactly what you're claiming doesn't exist online, it's not exactly hidden. I don't even need to break down the links between Marxism and the various voguish critical theories (again), I can just go snap a photo with the actual statue of V.I. Lenin in Seattle.


Sure, when it's all boiled down, you are living in the US and so have lived experience which I don't (although I have some experience of the US west coast, Nevada and Arizona visiting as a tourist).

But, it sure does sound like you are struggling to find tangible examples of anti-social socialists. A stature of Lenin in Seattle? I mean seriously dude



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,909
Location: Seattle-ish

20 Aug 2022, 2:22 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I might just resemble that remark. :lol: But when you get down to it, I'm critical of those on the right who think heartlessness is a virtue, who think someone's worth is based on their material wealth or success, or those extreme righties who have embraced white nationalism and Christian nationalism to the exclusion of everyone else, or those who believe every whackadoodle conspiracy theory, and who have fallen into the Trump cult of personality, etc., etc., etc.


Jeez, you can't even graciously admit to a personal tic without gratuitously smearing people you neither know nor understand, it's always different when you do it because you're the good guy and everyone who has different beliefs has moral failings because everything you believe in is so self evidently correct. :roll:

Kraichgauer wrote:
I have been consistent in that regard, and I fail to see how I'm wrong about any of that.


Of course you can't.

Try this on; have you noticed how I've stopped differentiating between different types of liberals, and have been much more openly contemptuous towards them as a group? Does that feel particularly fair to you, like I'm lumping you all together and heaping scorn on you collectively based on the behavior of your worst fringe? If you don't like it, do you have any guesses as to why I'm dialing down my nuance?

Kraichgauer wrote:
Am I naïve and sheltered? Well, that just means I'm exposed to the mainstream left, not to tiny, insignificant extreme leftist groups puffing themselves up to be more than they are.


You're trying to spin ignorance as a virtue, it doesn't work that way. Ironically, I have a sneaking suspicion that if you lived here on the West side of the mountains, you'd have very different opinions about a lot of thing; I don't think you'd be a Republican or anything, but I think you'd have a much harder time denying that the Democrats went off the rails in the last decade or so, it's hard to avoid.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,015
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

20 Aug 2022, 2:56 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I might just resemble that remark. :lol: But when you get down to it, I'm critical of those on the right who think heartlessness is a virtue, who think someone's worth is based on their material wealth or success, or those extreme righties who have embraced white nationalism and Christian nationalism to the exclusion of everyone else, or those who believe every whackadoodle conspiracy theory, and who have fallen into the Trump cult of personality, etc., etc., etc.


Jeez, you can't even graciously admit to a personal tic without gratuitously smearing people you neither know nor understand, it's always different when you do it because you're the good guy and everyone who has different beliefs has moral failings because everything you believe in is so self evidently correct. :roll:

Kraichgauer wrote:
I have been consistent in that regard, and I fail to see how I'm wrong about any of that.


Of course you can't.

Try this on; have you noticed how I've stopped differentiating between different types of liberals, and have been much more openly contemptuous towards them as a group? Does that feel particularly fair to you, like I'm lumping you all together and heaping scorn on you collectively based on the behavior of your worst fringe? If you don't like it, do you have any guesses as to why I'm dialing down my nuance?

Kraichgauer wrote:
Am I naïve and sheltered? Well, that just means I'm exposed to the mainstream left, not to tiny, insignificant extreme leftist groups puffing themselves up to be more than they are.


You're trying to spin ignorance as a virtue, it doesn't work that way. Ironically, I have a sneaking suspicion that if you lived here on the West side of the mountains, you'd have very different opinions about a lot of thing; I don't think you'd be a Republican or anything, but I think you'd have a much harder time denying that the Democrats went off the rails in the last decade or so, it's hard to avoid.


ALL HAIL DOX THE UBERMENSCH!! ! (I'm not feeling especially well right now, so that's the best I can do.)


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,284

20 Aug 2022, 4:34 am

Does Doxxy have a cape and tights?

Fighting wokeness in a single bound :lol:



Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

20 Aug 2022, 9:00 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, it must only be a small part of the left, as I've never heard of anyone lionizing Stalin outside of Putin and his nationalist friends in Russia.


That's because you're sheltered and a normie, tankies and their imagery are quite common in leftist spaces.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Some progressives. Or do you paint whole groups of people with the same brush?


Oh, now you suddenly have a problem with broad generalizations? And yet you're the first to affirm them when they're made about the right, when you're not making them yourself of course. Annoying, isn't it?


I might just resemble that remark. :lol: But when you get down to it, I'm critical of those on the right who think heartlessness is a virtue, who think someone's worth is based on their material wealth or success, or those extreme righties who have embraced white nationalism and Christian nationalism to the exclusion of everyone else, or those who believe every whackadoodle conspiracy theory, and who have fallen into the Trump cult of personality, etc., etc., etc. I have been consistent in that regard, and I fail to see how I'm wrong about any of that.
Am I naïve and sheltered? Well, that just means I'm exposed to the mainstream left, not to tiny, insignificant extreme leftist groups puffing themselves up to be more than they are.


Dox and Raptor up to their old tricks trolling you Kraichie. Please don't feel the need to defend yourself.

How did Raptor get dragged into this?


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson


Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,909
Location: Seattle-ish

20 Aug 2022, 2:26 pm

Raptor wrote:
How did Raptor get dragged into this?


We're not exactly dealing with the cream of WP here, don't try to make sense of it.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

20 Aug 2022, 4:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
How did Raptor get dragged into this?


We're not exactly dealing with the cream of WP here, don't try to make sense of it.


That was more sarcasm than a serious question. However, it did arouse my curiosity so I did a quick search and found a few things. Kraichie called me a troll in a fairly recent thread. Last year in my absence there was a thread where he thought I had been banned and that I deserved it. He also said "Raptor was a sad, broken individual". Hmmm, I wonder what his idea of sad and broken are? :chin:
A little bird contacted me a few years ago by PM or email and told me that Kraichie had referred to me as a "douche nozzle". :roll: :roll:
Seriously, that's 8th grade study hall insult material.

I had hoped to be past it, but in light of this intel maybe it's time to get back in the mix and chase someone up a tree....again.

Image


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,015
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

20 Aug 2022, 5:04 pm

Raptor wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:
How did Raptor get dragged into this?


We're not exactly dealing with the cream of WP here, don't try to make sense of it.


That was more sarcasm than a serious question. However, it did arouse my curiosity so I did a quick search and found a few things. Kraichie called me a troll in a fairly recent thread. Last year in my absence there was a thread where he thought I had been banned and that I deserved it. He also said "Raptor was a sad, broken individual". Hmmm, I wonder what his idea of sad and broken are? :chin:
A little bird contacted me a few years ago by PM or email and told me that Kraichie had referred to me as a "douche nozzle". :roll: :roll:
Seriously, that's 8th grade study hall insult material.

I had hoped to be past it, but in light of this intel maybe it's time to get back in the mix and chase someone up a tree....again.

Image


You given me no reason to think or say otherwise. Now, I've been trying my best to avoid you, as I'm tired of the sh*t storm that invariably causes the mods to threaten both of us. Let's keep that policy going by neither of us having anything to do with the other.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

20 Aug 2022, 5:39 pm

This:

Quote:
You given me no reason to think or say otherwise.


Contradicts this:
Quote:
Now, I've been trying my best to avoid you, as I'm tired of the sh*t storm that invariably causes the mods to threaten both of us. Let's keep that policy going by neither of us having anything to do with the other.


Obvious as it is, I don't think you see the contradiction or the hypocrisy.

Must suck having BOTH of your arch enemies show back up again after you thought it was safe.


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,015
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

20 Aug 2022, 5:49 pm

Raptor wrote:
This:
Quote:
You given me no reason to think or say otherwise.


Contradicts this:
Quote:
Now, I've been trying my best to avoid you, as I'm tired of the sh*t storm that invariably causes the mods to threaten both of us. Let's keep that policy going by neither of us having anything to do with the other.


Obvious as it is, I don't think you see the contradiction or the hypocrisy.

Must suck having BOTH of your arch enemies show back up again after you thought it was safe.



Arch enemies? Don't flatter yourself.
Now as cyberdad has adviced, it's obviously a waste of time to get into an endless argument with you. At least Dox remains on point with the argument at hand rather than making personal attacks.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Mar 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,996
Location: Southeast U.S.A.

20 Aug 2022, 6:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
This:
Quote:
You given me no reason to think or say otherwise.


Contradicts this:
Quote:
Now, I've been trying my best to avoid you, as I'm tired of the sh*t storm that invariably causes the mods to threaten both of us. Let's keep that policy going by neither of us having anything to do with the other.


Obvious as it is, I don't think you see the contradiction or the hypocrisy.

Must suck having BOTH of your arch enemies show back up again after you thought it was safe.



Arch enemies? Don't flatter yourself.
Now as cyberdad has adviced, it's obviously a waste of time to get into an endless argument with you. At least Dox remains on point with the argument at hand rather than making personal attacks.

And you keep replying...
Quote:
Arch enemies? Don't flatter yourself.

Posting history would indicate otherwise, and I can easily find ALL of them and methodically post them here as exhibits.
Quote:
Now as cyberdad has adviced, it's obviously a waste of time to get into an endless argument with you. At least Dox remains on point with the argument at hand rather than making personal attacks.

Your buddy cyberdad started this little row that has your drawers in a wad so you can thank him. You see, you can't just take partisan little potshots at people you claim to be trying your best to avoid and expect no return fire. You've been talked to about this before and it still applies.

Whatever, you can at least rest comfortably knowing that the mods will side with you as always.


_________________
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
- Thomas Jefferson