Canadian school defends teacher's ridiculous fake breasts

Page 7 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,836
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Sep 2022, 2:19 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
How do they move to a new province?

Their licence is only valid in Ontario. (Yes, I looked it up.)


Dunno - but the quote from the student on a prior page said they're going to a new province and this ruse is just to troll the principal until they leave.

Maybe they write an exam or apply for a license or something ?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 50,994

25 Sep 2022, 2:30 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
How do they move to a new province?

Their licence is only valid in Ontario. (Yes, I looked it up.)


Dunno - but the quote from the student on a prior page said they're going to a new province and this ruse is just to troll the principal until they leave.

Maybe they write an exam or apply for a license or something ?



It's extremely difficult to move

a) schools
b) school boards within the province

^ both could take years, multiple rounds of interviews, and seniority / patronage.

c) provinces - almost unheard of

Maybe things have loosened up because of Covid.
Maybe there's a shortage now?
Maybe it's easier since she teaches Shop?

It wouldn't have anything to do with the principal, by the way.
You can't troll a principal.
In public schools, decisions about dress code are made by the school district superintendent.
The superintendent is accountable to the provincial Ministry of Education.

Ontario teaches transgenderism as part of the health curriculum.
The health curriculum is written by the Ministry of Education. ^^
I believe it's in the 6th or 8th Grade.
I'd have to look up which grade it is.
Therefore, neither the principal nor the superintendent can challenge TG rights.

The teacher would also be protected by OSSTF (their union).
Regardless, the teacher has a responsibility to dress professionally.

*I looked her up on OCT.
She's in Good Standing, with no professional misconduct.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,836
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Sep 2022, 2:38 pm

The shop teacher could be aware of the principal's personal beliefs about being supportive of LGBT people even if there's an official worded bit written by some higher up official. So, yes, the shop teacher could very well be trolling the principal as the student stated they were.

The shop teacher is wearing clothing that covers them appropriately and as a master level troll, they know it. The principal and school board are making the correct move by accepting them coming out as trans and expressing themselves in this way - they have no choice, and the troll knows this, too. Best to just let this troll troll vs. set the precedent that you're going to police trans employees' bodies and gender expression. No actual trans person is ever going to be this ridiculous about it, so it won't ever be a real problem to have to deal with.

I know someone who has a coworker who's kid goes to this school. She told me that the troll post story is 100% accurate. That post Also says the teacher is moving provinces and awaiting a transfer - if you want to know how, contact them and ask. Seems it's possible.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 50,994

25 Sep 2022, 2:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The shop teacher could be aware of the principal's personal beliefs about being supportive of LGBT people even if there's an official worded bit written by some higher up official. So, yes, the shop teacher could very well be trolling the principal as the student stated they were.

The shop teacher is wearing clothing that covers them appropriately and as a master level troll, they know it. The principal and school board are making the correct move by accepting them coming out as trans and expressing themselves in this way - they have no choice, and the troll knows this, too. Best to just let this troll troll vs. set the precedent that you're going to police trans employees' bodies and gender expression. No actual trans person is ever going to be this ridiculous about it, so it won't ever be a real problem to have to deal with.

I know someone who has a coworker who's kid goes to this school. She told me that the troll post story is 100% accurate. That post Also says the teacher is moving provinces and awaiting a transfer - if you want to know how, contact them and ask. Seems it's possible.


Yeah, you're right that they can troll in terms of driving the principal crazy.
What I meant is that they won't be able to push the principal to fire them.
The principal's hands are tied, although for sure they're getting upset.
It's a shame really, because it makes all trans people / students look irresponsible.
Was this at OTHS?

I wonder what province they're going to.
It's good if the transfer process is easier now.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,836
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Sep 2022, 2:52 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The shop teacher could be aware of the principal's personal beliefs about being supportive of LGBT people even if there's an official worded bit written by some higher up official. So, yes, the shop teacher could very well be trolling the principal as the student stated they were.

The shop teacher is wearing clothing that covers them appropriately and as a master level troll, they know it. The principal and school board are making the correct move by accepting them coming out as trans and expressing themselves in this way - they have no choice, and the troll knows this, too. Best to just let this troll troll vs. set the precedent that you're going to police trans employees' bodies and gender expression. No actual trans person is ever going to be this ridiculous about it, so it won't ever be a real problem to have to deal with.

I know someone who has a coworker who's kid goes to this school. She told me that the troll post story is 100% accurate. That post Also says the teacher is moving provinces and awaiting a transfer - if you want to know how, contact them and ask. Seems it's possible.


Yeah, you're right that they can troll in terms of driving the principal crazy.
What I meant is that they won't be able to push the principal to fire them.
The principal's hands are tied, although for sure they're getting upset.
It's a shame really, because it makes all trans people / students look irresponsible.
Was this at OTHS?

I wonder what province they're going to.
It's good if the transfer process is easier now.


The worst part about all of this is that it sets a really terrible example for young students that it's okay to troll people at work, in government jobs, in schools etc for being supportive of trans rights. That's the real damage being done here.. dipshit kids with poor upbringings will feel emboldened to be dipshit adults to trans people, and trans kids at this school will certainly feel less safe/like the punchline of jokes. All the rest is just static, but this, imo, is the real damage.

Here's the post again from page 4. Yes, OTHS.

Image

As for the transfer process, I dunno.. unless they're going to Alberta they might find themselves out of a job over this.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 50,994

25 Sep 2022, 3:02 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The worst part about all of this is that it sets a really terrible example for young students that it's okay to troll people at work, in government jobs, in schools etc for being supportive of trans rights. That's the real damage being done here.. dipshit kids with poor upbringings will feel emboldened to be dipshit adults to trans people, and trans kids at this school will certainly feel less safe/like the punchline of jokes. All the rest is just static, but this, imo, is the real damage.


I agree ^.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,351
Location: temperate zone

25 Sep 2022, 4:13 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:


I don't think the person's transgenderism or their boob size is the issue.
It's about looking professional for a job.



Exactly.

Even though this teacher is trolling, the school and school board are making the correct move in not criticising this 'trans woman's,' choice of prosthetics because they know they can't set the precedent that they're going to be policing trans employees' bodies. This, of course, is the goal of the troll.. but still, the school/board are making the correct move by consistently being supportive and just letting time pass until this person moves along to a new Province and school.


So youre certain that he IS trolling. And youre saying that if the schoolboard were to crack down on him that it would just play into his trolling hands.

But later in this thread you say that NOT cracking down on him ALSO plays into his hands (by setting all kinds bad examples to the kids by him getting away with being a troll).

And actually...both statements could be true. It could be a loose-loose situation. :?



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,897
Location: Queens, NYC

25 Sep 2022, 4:18 pm

I feel like this person looks rather grotesque.

That doesn’t give anybody the right to abuse this person in any way. I wouldn’t openly criticize this person, unless the person asked my advice. I would be diplomatic with my advice.

I once went to school wearing football shoulder pads. I was having a very bad time. Fortunately, I was only mildly teased. I never did anything like that again, except when I went to school about three years later looking like a pimp.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,836
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Sep 2022, 4:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:


I don't think the person's transgenderism or their boob size is the issue.
It's about looking professional for a job.



Exactly.

Even though this teacher is trolling, the school and school board are making the correct move in not criticising this 'trans woman's,' choice of prosthetics because they know they can't set the precedent that they're going to be policing trans employees' bodies. This, of course, is the goal of the troll.. but still, the school/board are making the correct move by consistently being supportive and just letting time pass until this person moves along to a new Province and school.


So youre certain that he IS trolling. And youre saying that if the schoolboard were to crack down on him that it would just play into his trolling hands.

But later in this thread you say that NOT cracking down on him ALSO plays into his hands (by setting all kinds bad examples to the kids by him getting away with being a troll).

And actually...both statements could be true. It could be a loose-loose situation. :?


He’s trolling. Someone I personally know in Ontario confirmed it.

School is caught between a rock and a hard place. Other educators will have to try to undo any harm done by teaching students better ways to be.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,980

25 Sep 2022, 6:45 pm

So this goes back to my original premise, Intent.

If the intent is to troll then clearly this person is not justified in demanding they be allowed to parade their fake attire to students.



Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

25 Sep 2022, 7:36 pm

It supports my premise that people, especially teenagers, are going to start playing around with the anything goes system.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,836
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Sep 2022, 7:55 pm

cyberdad wrote:
So this goes back to my original premise, Intent.

If the intent is to troll then clearly this person is not justified in demanding they be allowed to parade their fake attire to students.

It’d cost more time money and energy than it’s worth to try to prove it. Best course of action is to just ignore the troll and let time pass until he leaves.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,836
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

25 Sep 2022, 7:57 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
It supports my premise that people, especially teenagers, are going to start playing around with the anything goes system.

Teens today are better than the bigots of yesterday. I highly doubt teens would be as stupid as to troll something like this as they know they’ll be shunned by their peers who are the most accepting generation of humans yet.

Thankfully your generations’ old man ways are a thing of the past. 8)


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 50,994

25 Sep 2022, 7:58 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
It supports my premise that people, especially teenagers, are going to start playing around with the anything goes system.


It's not an anything-goes system.
It's a "be respectful" system.
Be respectful in the way you dress at school / work.
Be respectful of people's identity.
Care about others.

None of that says "anything goes" or "be reckless".



Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,244
Location: Seattle-ish

25 Sep 2022, 8:52 pm

If it's trolling, it's effective, as it's forcing people to either come out and defend the ridiculous, or admit that their policy is flawed; most seem to be choosing option A.


_________________
“The totally convinced and the totally stupid have too much in common for the resemblance to be accidental.”
-- Robert Anton Wilson


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,980

25 Sep 2022, 9:48 pm

Dox47 wrote:
If it's trolling, it's effective, as it's forcing people to either come out and defend the ridiculous, or admit that their policy is flawed; most seem to be choosing option A.


You saying this is a rorshach's test? Every case deserves to be heard out.