Page 11 of 11 [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

Joined: 12 Jun 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 108

09 Sep 2017, 7:14 pm

Im all for any kind of rights with all human beings. I believe people should do what they want as long as theyre not hurting any one or shoving their opinions down their throat. How ever im more concerned about the riots and natural disasters going on right now. The two parties on both sides of the riot are both batshit crazy, were getting hurricanes up the ass and there are f*****g wild fires every where. I think we have bigger problems than worrying about another persons genetiles.



B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,993
Location: New Zealand

15 Sep 2017, 7:37 pm

MushroomPrincess wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
IMO, the operative term, here, is "openly trans"----had you chosen, to, you could've served, as a "closeted trans". You said you would "do anything" to serve your country----so, "anything", IMO, means that you would go-back to dressing / acting like a man, so you could serve.

You think being trans is a choice.

I have nothing more to say to you, your lack of empathy is revolting.


Perhaps this will be of interest:
http://www.columbiachronicle.com/arts_a ... a5c8c.html



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,478

15 Sep 2017, 8:15 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
You must not've read my successive post----I said: "I don't have a victim mentality".

And if you say it often and insistently enough, then it definitely must be true, right?

LOLOLOL THAT'S the best, you've got? LOLOLOL

I'm quite done with you, on this thread.

I think given you are not LGBT I'm not sure you have a right to tell people who are what they can or should think given you haven't experienced the "additional" life hurdles they have to go through everyday



floodwater
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Joined: 6 Aug 2017
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Posts: 30
Location: US (pacific northwest)

15 Sep 2017, 10:01 pm

how did this devolve into a discussion of who's more oppressed, i came here to s**t on donald trump

as for anyone here who supports trump, do you really think he's going to do anything good for /any/ minority, no matter who's gotta deal with more oppression? i don't understand why people (especially people on an autism forum) would ever support him, the guy obviously has no idea what he's doing.... the only reason he even ran for president was for the attention, and now he's ruining everything because he only cares about making more money...... and don't say that human rights only matter to the minorities.... you know what happens when mass numbers of undocumented workers are sent back to mexico? the food industry goes to s**t. no documented american is going to pick fruit for way below minimum wage as fast or as hard as someone who migrated from an undeveloped country, so prices are going to go up and production is going to go down.... and that's just an example..... slavery, native genocide, these were just the beginning..... this country was built on the backs of minorities and ignorance and suffering, and the majority cannot comprehend that that suffering has been carried on because they refuse to recognize it.... until it turns into riots and revolts... economic failure... trump's agenda is just furthering this country's collapse

i also don't understand how cishet autistics could s**t on lgbt autistics, we're all societal underdogs. as a rule, if you're ignoring someone's anger, you just haven't experienced what they have and you need to think about it more thoroughly. flip on those empathy switches my guys


_________________
「 if you're going through hell, keep going. 」


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,635
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

15 Sep 2017, 10:05 pm

floodwater wrote:
how did this devolve into a discussion of who's more oppressed, i came here to s**t on donald trump

as for anyone here who supports trump, do you really think he's going to do anything good for /any/ minority, no matter who's gotta deal with more oppression? i don't understand why people (especially people on an autism forum) would ever support him, the guy obviously has no idea what he's doing.... the only reason he even ran for president was for the attention, and now he's ruining everything because he only cares about making more money...... and don't say that human rights only matter to the minorities.... you know what happens when mass numbers of undocumented workers are sent back to mexico? the food industry goes to s**t. no documented american is going to pick fruit for way below minimum wage as fast or as hard as someone who migrated from an undeveloped country, so prices are going to go up and production is going to go down.... and that's just an example..... slavery, native genocide, these were just the beginning..... this country was built on the backs of minorities and ignorance and suffering, and the majority cannot comprehend that that suffering has been carried on because they refuse to recognize it.... until it turns into riots and revolts... economic failure... trump's agenda is just furthering this country's collapse

i also don't understand how cishet autistics could s**t on lgbt autistics, we're all societal underdogs. as a rule, if you're ignoring someone's anger, you just haven't experienced what they have and you need to think about it more thoroughly. flip on those empathy switches my guys


I SAY AMEN, BROTHER! AMEN!! !


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,338
Location: Long Island, New York

16 Sep 2017, 12:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
You must not've read my successive post----I said: "I don't have a victim mentality".

And if you say it often and insistently enough, then it definitely must be true, right?

LOLOLOL THAT'S the best, you've got? LOLOLOL

I'm quite done with you, on this thread.

I think given you are not LGBT I'm not sure you have a right to tell people who are what they can or should think given you haven't experienced the "additional" life hurdles they have to go through everyday


As an American, she has a constitutional right to do that. Whether she should is another issue.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 30,478

16 Sep 2017, 7:26 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Barchan wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
You must not've read my successive post----I said: "I don't have a victim mentality".

And if you say it often and insistently enough, then it definitely must be true, right?

LOLOLOL THAT'S the best, you've got? LOLOLOL

I'm quite done with you, on this thread.

I think given you are not LGBT I'm not sure you have a right to tell people who are what they can or should think given you haven't experienced the "additional" life hurdles they have to go through everyday


As an American, she has a constitutional right to do that. Whether she should is another issue.


That's fair enough, I should have reframed in terms of "should" (strongly recommend) rather than "have" (must)



SH90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jul 2016
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,558
Location: Florida

18 Sep 2017, 10:52 am

I am not going to read this thread in it's entirely... But I have a sister who is trans and I been to a number of support groups with her in support. I can honestly say, that most of them (if not all) have other mental illnesses that are present beyond Gender Dysphoria that could be detrimental to our military. It's the same reason Autistics can't enlist, because most of us have other issues beyond being on the spectrum.

BTW, if you are currently serving and was recently diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria or a Autistic Spectrum Disorder. You can still serve if you can function, even in limited capacity for the remainder of your contract. A lot depends on what's comorbid beyond the obvious, like depression. But if someone with Gender Dysphoria is so depressed, that they can no longer live as their birth gender and they most change to the opposite. Then their depression can be a problem; more so then the health issues that can be caused from HRT.

As for bathroom rights, for the most part it's up to the state and even private property (businesses)... But there needs to be a reasonable standard (a certain milestone in the transition) before one can enter the bathroom of their choosing. Personally, when I managed a store front. My bathroom was gender neutral in order to be progressive...