Facebook moderators brag about deleting pro-Trump posts

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 7:49 am

Facebook moderators brag about deleting pro-Trump posts

Quote:
Facebook Content Moderator: 'If Someone’s Wearing MAGA Hat, I'm Going to Delete Them for Terrorism'

Quote:
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has long insisted that the company is politically neutral, but the same apparently can’t be said for all of its content moderators.

The social-media giant said it would review its training and oversight after a Project Veritas sting released Tuesday showed moderators on hidden-camera footage claiming that they delete pro-Trump and conservative posts; that the company harbors an anti-Trump bias, and that Facebook shadow-bans content, despite its claims to the contrary. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -brag-abo/

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 8:19 am

Pepe wrote:
Facebook moderators brag about deleting pro-Trump posts ...
Good for them!  Narcissism, racism, sexism, and fake news have no place in an informed and enlightened society.

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 9:06 am

Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Good for them!  Narcissism, racism, sexism, and fake news have no place in an informed society.

The interesting thing is,
There was a lefty,
Can't remember who,
Who poo-pooed the notion of left-wing bias on media platforms, when I proposed it.
I think it was the same person who couldn't see how Twitter had a left-wing bias until I showed him.

Fnord, my man,
What you say may be correct in some instances, but it doesn't change the fact the moderators on Facebook have been found to have a left-wing bias through the deletion of favourable posts about the conservative side of politics.
Even a MAGA hat will warrant deletion.
Didn't you watch the video? 8O

BTW,
There are examples of youtube defunding people who show support for conservative values, simply by having a MAGA hat on the shelf behind them.

See, the problem with your position is you are changing the emphasis of the message presented.
Project Veritas has exposed the left-wing bias found on the Facebook platform.
THAT is a problem for people who want to hear both sides of the story and who feel they have the objectivity and intelligence to make up their own mind and who don't want to be manipulated by some outside interference with its own agenda. :wink:

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 9:22 am

Fnord wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Good for them!  Narcissism, racism, sexism, and fake news have no place in an informed and enlightened society.

What a sad world we live in, where people applaud the silencing of others for posting an honestly held belief...Or wearing an "unapproved" item of attire.

I'm sure there would be a huge outcry were it a photo of a person in a burka being "deleted" on a "terrorism" claim, whereas deleting a photo of a person in a red cap for that same reason is applauded. 8O

Posts should be moderated on the content, not the beliefs that the "moderator" wishes to project onto the poster or post.

On a related note: As I understand it, the Twitter accounts were declared to be official "government communications channels" in a court case in the past year or so (from memory) - as a result of people complaining about being blocked by Mr Trump and Ms. Ocasio-Cortez (?). This being the case, I was wondering if, prior to Twitters recent "labelling", has any other media outlet made similar (or, for that matter, any) "adjustments" to a previous presidents communications? From the appeals court decision:
Quote:
"[The] First Amendment does not permit a public official who utilizes a social media account for all manner of official purposes to exclude persons from an otherwise-open online dialogue because they expressed views with which the official disagrees," the judges wrote.

source: https://www.npr.org/2019/07/09/739906562/u-s-appeals-court-rules-trump-violated-first-amendment-by-blocking-twitter-follo
I'm also curious, were he to claim that the posts were him "conducting official business" and\or "interacting with the public", the reasons given as to why he couldn't block people on the site, would Twitter then be obliged to publish them as posted, without edits\"warnings"\"fact checks"?

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”
― Alison Goodman, Eon: Dragoneye Reborn

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 9:33 am

Pepe wrote:
... What you say may be correct in some instances, but it doesn't change the fact the moderators on Facebook have been found to have a left-wing bias through the deletion of favourable posts about the conservative side of politics...
You post that like it's a bad thing.

Today's Conservatism reaches far beyond simple fiscal responsibility, smaller government, and traditional moral values, and has mutated into some kind of neo-Fascist White Supremacy movement hell-bent on promoting racism, sexism, and rabid Nationalism as socially normative ideals.  The mods on FB seem to simply be countering this pernicious meme with the only truly effective tool at their disposal -- censorship.

The way I see it, since the President has already accused, tried, and convicted FB of "Liberal Bias", why shouldn't they be allowed to just go ahead and commit the alleged "crime" and get it over with?

Since I neither voted for Trump nor have an active Facebook account (I closed mine several years ago), this is all a sideshow for me.

So, pass the popcorn ... ?

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 10:50 am

Censorship is growing online. Wrong think won't be tolerated.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 11:19 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Censorship is growing online. Wrong think won't be tolerated.
I understand the situation.  The only problem at my level of influence (determined by my own socio-economic class) is determining whose "Right-Think" I will pretend to follow when the appropriate time comes.

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 12:27 pm

Sorry Pepe, mentioning Facebook in any kind of ethical context is just absurd :lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 3:27 pm

Fnord I’m sure will be kissed if some Republican bought Facebook and started censoring those composites antifa leftists(anyone left leaning)

Last edited by sly279 on 24 Jun 2020, 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:07 pm

sly279 wrote:
Fnord I’m sure will be kissed if some Republican bought Facebook and started censoring those composites antics leftists(anyone left leaning)
What is "composites antics leftists"?  I cannot parse the phrase.

But yeah, at least the lefties on Facebook have finally come out and stopped denying that they do any censorship.

And personally, if both Facebook AND Twitter stopped operating at all, I would not shed a single tear.

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 6:34 pm

Since when did James O'Keefe or Project Veritas have any credibility?

https://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Project_Veritas

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 7:06 pm

Censorship is not a trend Autistic people as a very small minority should be embracing.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 7:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

So, your counter to a video of Facebook staff making claims about how they censor\delete posts due to the political alignment of the poster, rather than the content of the post...Is to attack the messenger?

On the plus side, it does demonstrate the indefensibility of censoring\deleting in a subjective way such as they do at Facebook, as shown in the video.

"When people express opinions that differ from yours, take it as a chance to grow. Seek to understand over being understood. Be curious, not defensive. The only way to disarm another human being is by listening." - Glennon Doyle Melton

Quote:
"Never forget that you have every right to question any individual, system, movement, or group that only tolerates you when you think and behave exactly like them" - Africa Brooke

Quote:
“There was a saying that a man's true character was revealed in defeat. I thought it was also revealed in victory.”

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 7:30 pm

Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

So, your counter to a video of Facebook staff making claims about how they censor\delete posts due to the political alignment of the poster, rather than the content of the post...Is to attack the messenger?

On the plus side, it does demonstrate the indefensibility of censoring\deleting in a subjective way such as they do at Facebook, as shown in the video.

Why would I trust a propaganda mill known for distributing doctored videos? Even the Onion is a more credible source.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 7:40 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Censorship is not a trend Autistic people as a very small minority should be embracing.
It is not necessarily the censorship I am "embracing", but the fallout from it.  People are finally finding out that:

1. Facebook is no better than any other media outlet.

2. Pro-Trump / Anti-Non-Trump comments and ads can be censored without suffering repercussions.

3. Mud slings both ways.

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 8:08 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Why would I trust a propaganda mill known for distributing doctored videos? Even the Onion is a more credible source.

Well, you've now excluded every news source which publishes video of events, being that these would have been "doctored" - sometimes to remove sections which have no impact on the event having been reorded, other times to remove information which could show an event in a different context.

Quote:

Quote: