Trump administration officially authorizes Biden transition

Page 1 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 7:41 pm

NBC News

Quote:
After weeks of delay, the head of the General Services Administration informed President-elect Joe Biden on Monday that the official governmental transition process has been approved.

GSA Administrator Emily Murphy said in a letter that Biden, whom she referred to as "the apparent president-elect," is now able to access millions of dollars in federal funds and other resources to begin his transition to power. In her letter, Murphy also denied that she had been under pressure from the White House to delay the process.

“I have dedicated much of my adult life to public service, and I have always strived to do what is right," she said. "Please know that I came to my decision independently, based on the law and available facts. I was never directly or indirectly pressured by any Executive Branch official—including those who work at the White House or GSA—with regard to the substance or timing of my decision."

Trump in a pair of tweets vowed to continue his legal fight to contest the election results but said, "I am recommending that Emily and her team do what needs to be done with regard to initial protocols, and have told my team to do the same.”

Bolding=mine

GOP starting to tell Trump it's over: "Stop golfing and concede"
Quote:
The message became louder over the weekend, after a far-fetched press conference by Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell and Jenna Ellis on unfounded mass election fraud, which Trump ally and former New Jersey governor Chris Christie called a "national embarrassment."

"I have been a supporter of the president's. I voted for him twice," Christie said Sunday on ABC's "This Week." "But elections have consequences, and we cannot continue to act as if something happened here that didn't happen."

On Saturday, the Trump campaign suffered a big loss as a federal judge in Pennsylvania dismissed a lawsuit trying to invalidate millions of votes in that state as full of "strained legal arguments" that were "unsupported by evidence."

Maryland Governor Larry Hogan, a popular Republican in a fiercely Democratic state, told the president Sunday to "stop golfing and concede," after Mr. Trump called him a "RINO," or Republican in name only.

Republican Fred Upton, a congressman from Michigan, also expressed that the election is over for the president, at least in Michigan, as the president's team presents baseless accusations of mass fraud. Upton said there is no such evidence, and the Trump campaign has been unable to present such evidence in court.

"You know, the voters spoke. And here again in Michigan, it's not a razor-thin margin, it's 154,000 votes," he said Sunday on CNN. "154,000 votes is too many to overcome. It's over."

On Saturday, Republican Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania issued a statement congratulating Mr. Biden and Harris after the dismissal of the Trump campaign lawsuit in Pennsylvania.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 23 Nov 2020, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 7:45 pm

It's about time.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2020, 9:03 pm

Key government agency acknowledges Biden's win and begins formal transition

Quote:
The Biden team has not waited for the formal transition process to begin preparing for the presidency, as Biden announced several Cabinet picks on Monday. But the delay in ascertainment meant that Biden's team was locked out from government data and could not make contact with federal agencies, nor could it spend $6.3 million in government funding now available for the transition. A Biden official said the most urgent need was for the transition to be given access to Covid-19 data and the vaccine distribution plans.

The Biden team will now have access to additional office space inside the agencies and the ability to use federal resources for background checks on Biden's White House staff appointments and Cabinet picks.

Yohannes Abraham, executive director of Biden's transition, said the start of the transition was a "needed step to begin tackling the challenges facing our nation, including getting the pandemic under control and our economy back on track."
"This final decision is a definitive administrative action to formally begin the transition process with federal agencies," Abraham said. "In the days ahead, transition officials will begin meeting with federal officials to discuss the pandemic response, have a full accounting of our national security interests and gain complete understanding of the Trump administration's efforts to hollow out government agencies."

The ascertainment letter was sent Monday after Michigan formally certified its election results earlier in the day and more Trump lawsuits were dismissed. Georgia certified its razor-thin presidential results on Friday, and Pennsylvania is nearing certification of its election results, too.

It's the latest sign that Trump's conspiracy-laden legal bid, led by Rudy Giuliani, to circumvent the outcome of the election is nearing an end. The Trump campaign's lawsuits to delay certification of the election have been dismissed in multiple states, as his legal team has failed to provide any evidence of widespread voter fraud.

The Constitution lives to see another day!!

While he says he is going to fight the election results it is his failure to change the results that forced enough republicans to tell him the gig is up. This outcome was far from inevitable. Those of us who want to see the basic principles of the constitution remain to owe a debt of gratitude to the workers to state election officials who refused to be intimidated.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 12:36 am

Some more accompanying music:

However, with 57 days to go until inauguration, Trump probably isn't done with outrageous shenanigans.

Next step: Pardons.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 2:15 am

Biden should send in fumigation to get rid of every trace of trump and any memory of this embarrassing 4 years.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 2:32 am

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 2:36 am

Damn!
Where is the coup that some people were talking about? :lmao:

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 2:38 am

Pepe wrote:
Damn!

No maga riots.
No coup.
No jail.
Just back to his palace to hatch all sorts of schemes.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 3:25 am

Add to the budget cleaning up melania's unfinished renovations

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 3:51 am

Pepe wrote:
Damn!

Just like saying there is going to be a coup was premature, saying there is not going to be a coup is also premature.

I personally think a coup has always been really unlikely, but it still remains *possible.*

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2020, 4:12 am

cyberdad wrote:

The White House gets a complete renovation with each new incoming adminsitration. Campare images of Bush White House decor to Obama White House decor.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:34 pm

Antrax wrote:
I personally think a coup has always been really unlikely, but it still remains *possible.*

The megalomaniac who still has 70 million + followers still thinks it's possible
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... e42b9b77e7

He keeps this up in the hope his brainwashed followers will rise up in the streets

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:36 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The White House gets a complete renovation with each new incoming adminsitration. Campare images of Bush White House decor to Obama White House decor.

Yeah but she vandalised the garden for starters which contained historically important trees/plants
https://www.dezeen.com/2020/08/24/melan ... criticism/

Who knows what she did inside.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:44 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Antrax wrote:

The megalomaniac who still has 70 million + followers still thinks it's possible
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... e42b9b77e7

He keeps this up in the hope his brainwashed followers will rise up in the streets

He also said he would leave office, if the electoral college votes in Biden. https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/26/politics ... index.html

This is in line with my predictions that he would tweet and sling mud, issue legal challenges etc. but will peaceably step aside when the time comes.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:45 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Yeah but she vandalised the garden for starters which contained historically important trees/plants
https://www.dezeen.com/2020/08/24/melan ... criticism/

Who knows what she did inside.

I have no doubt that you'll find out every last minute detail of what all Melania has done to complain about :mrgreen:

Let's never forget that pair of shoes she wore!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:50 pm

Antrax wrote:
This is in line with my predictions that he would tweet and sling mud, issue legal challenges etc. but will peaceably step aside when the time comes.

Trump's tweets are designed to enrage his followers and this is not the first time he incited them to do stupid things from his tweets
https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-viol ... ate-speech