Trump administration officially authorizes Biden transition

Page 2 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 8:56 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Antrax wrote:
This is in line with my predictions that he would tweet and sling mud, issue legal challenges etc. but will peaceably step aside when the time comes.

Trump's tweets are designed to enrage his followers and this is not the first time he incited them to do stupid things from his tweets
https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-viol ... ate-speech

I've always worried a lot more about what Trump does than what he tweets. While I expect some unrest from Trump's followers I don't think it will be all that much. Would I prefer Trump didn't rile people up with his tweets? Absolutely. Do I think it will be a big crisis for the country? No.

Trump refusing to step aside would be a much bigger issue. Would probably result in Biden ordering his arrest on January 22nd, which would be a flashpoint in this country's history.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 9:00 pm

My point is that Trump is obviously creating a toxic environment allowing for the opportunity to destabilise the transition that he himself authorised.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 10:17 pm

I doubt that anything Trump or his zombie kool-aid drinking cult does, will come anywhere close to matching the level of hype predicting what they will do.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2020, 10:33 pm

Still the great pretender ...pretending election fraud .. hacked voting machines ... miscounts ... NOT A LOSER!

Be the hero of your life.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 12:06 am

Antrax wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Antrax wrote:
This is in line with my predictions that he would tweet and sling mud, issue legal challenges etc. but will peaceably step aside when the time comes.

Trump's tweets are designed to enrage his followers and this is not the first time he incited them to do stupid things from his tweets
https://www.vox.com/21506029/trump-viol ... ate-speech

I've always worried a lot more about what Trump does than what he tweets. While I expect some unrest from Trump's followers I don't think it will be all that much. Would I prefer Trump didn't rile people up with his tweets? Absolutely. Do I think it will be a big crisis for the country? No.

Trump refusing to step aside would be a much bigger issue. Would probably result in Biden ordering his arrest on January 22nd, which would be a flashpoint in this country's history.

He has already addressed the "coup" nonsense.
He said he will allow the transition. 8)

Next drama! :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 12:08 am

Tempus Fugit wrote:
I doubt that anything Trump or his zombie kool-aid drinking cult does, will come anywhere close to matching the level of hype predicting what they will do.

I would be staggered if the Republicans act as badly as the democrats did, when Trump won.
But if it happens, I will change my view, simples. 8)

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 12:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
Antrax wrote:
I personally think a coup has always been really unlikely, but it still remains *possible.*

The megalomaniac who still has 70 million + followers still thinks it's possible
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... e42b9b77e7

He keeps this up in the hope his brainwashed followers will rise up in the streets

It didn't happen.
It was NEVER going to happen, except in some people's over-active minds. 8)

And one more thing,

Glory to Ukraine.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 12:14 am

cyberdad wrote:
Tempus Fugit wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Add to the budget cleaning up melania's unfinished renovations

The White House gets a complete renovation with each new incoming adminsitration. Campare images of Bush White House decor to Obama White House decor.

Yeah but she vandalised the garden for starters which contained historically important trees/plants
https://www.dezeen.com/2020/08/24/melan ... criticism/

Who knows what she did inside.

In your opinion.
Someone said she made the garden disability friendly, which is the type of thing she would do, imo. 8)

And one more thing,

Glory to Ukraine.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2020, 12:16 am

Antrax wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Antrax wrote:
I personally think a coup has always been really unlikely, but it still remains *possible.*

The megalomaniac who still has 70 million + followers still thinks it's possible

He keeps this up in the hope his brainwashed followers will rise up in the streets

He also said he would leave office, if the electoral college votes in Biden. https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/26/politics ... index.html

There was never any doubt, in my mind, that this was going to happen. 8)

And one more thing,

Glory to Ukraine.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 4:39 am

With one hand he (Trump) authorises transition and concedes defeat
https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 125_1.html

But with the other hand he keeps posting defiant lies about fraud on twitter. And now he's even appearing on TV apparently forgetting he conceded and lost the election
https://www.dw.com/en/donald-trump-refu ... a-55766431

An now he has engaged the angel of satan the dubious QAnon lawyer L Lin Wood to muck rake the election result in Georgia
https://www.news.com.au/world/north-ame ... a814495c91

It's funny wherever some case has the whiff of race or politics and involves scraping the bottom of the barrell L Lin Wood is there to defend. Not surprising though given his association with the far right QAnon group.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 5:01 am

It seems likely that he will claim fraud and muckrake for a very long time to come, in retaliation for all that was said and done against him.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 5:59 am

cyberdad wrote:

Speaking of Melania... no more blood drenched Christmas trees!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:03 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Antrax wrote:

It didn't happen.
It was NEVER going to happen, except in some people's over-active minds. 8)

Perhaps. But many will doubtlessly still plot to kidnap or assassinate elected Democrat leaders.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 6:50 am

Sometimes these threads read like The Weekly World News.

Tempus Fugit
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 9:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

But they go well with Jill Biden's blood drenched gown.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2020, 5:58 pm

Tempus Fugit wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

But they go well with Jill Biden's blood drenched gown.

Trust me, that aint nothing compared to those trees!