Page 5 of 9 [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2021
Age: 33
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,111
Location: Britain

19 Oct 2021, 4:37 pm

ExcelsiorMom wrote:
All politicians are guilty of milking it. That includes your favorite one.


The only sensible answer.


_________________
AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,116
Location: Stendec

19 Oct 2021, 4:38 pm

From "The Art of The Deal", p26...

Donald Trump wrote:
The other thing I do when I talk with reporters is to be straight.  I try not to deceive them or to be defensive, because those are precisely the ways most people get themselves into trouble with the press.  Instead, when a reporter asks me a tough question, I try to frame a positive answer...
What ever happened to THIS version of Donald Trump?  What turned him into the bitter, narcissistic a***hole he his today?



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,906
Location: Australia

19 Oct 2021, 4:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
From "The Art of The Deal", p26...
Donald Trump wrote:
The other thing I do when I talk with reporters is to be straight.  I try not to deceive them or to be defensive, because those are precisely the ways most people get themselves into trouble with the press.  Instead, when a reporter asks me a tough question, I try to frame a positive answer...
What ever happened to THIS version of Donald Trump?  What turned him into the bitter, narcissistic a***hole he his today?


I believe the problem was that some journalists played party politics, produced "fake News", and misrepresented him.
Also, Trump was always an a$$hole.
He just hid it well. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,906
Location: Australia

19 Oct 2021, 4:49 pm

theprisoner wrote:
ExcelsiorMom wrote:
All politicians are guilty of milking it. That includes your favorite one.


The only sensible answer.


To think political bastardry just comes from one side is a sign of partisanship, if not hyperpartisanship. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,173
Location: Over there

19 Oct 2021, 4:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
{snips}

What I'm saying: There's good, hard evidence that Trump called that Georgia election official, and tried to finagle some nonexistent votes from the official. That goes beyond the pale of "politics as usual." This is Mafia-type stuff.

{snips}


Assuming this is True, and I have no reason to think it isn't, it could be seen as political machinations countering machinations on the other side.
Seriously? Seriously?!
Let me take all of ten seconds to find something for you...

Here are the relevant parts -



... and here's the entire conversation -



Here's someone picking through and explaining it -



The trouble with this "oh, well, both sides engage in shenanigans you know 8) " stance you like to use in (I assume) an attempt at demonstrating impartiality simply results in you sitting on a fence with nothing to say.


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,116
Location: Stendec

19 Oct 2021, 4:59 pm

Mr. Trump used to appreciate "The Press"...

Quote:
One thing I’ve learned about the press is that they’re always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better.  It’s in the nature of the job, and I understand that.  The point is that if you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you.  I’ve always done things a little differently, I don’t mind controversy, and my deals tend to be somewhat ambitious.  Also, I achieved a lot when I was very young, and I chose to live in a certain style.  The result is that the press has always wanted to write about me.

I’m not saying that they necessarily like me.  Sometimes they write positively, and sometimes they write negatively.  But from a pure business point of view, the benefits of being written about have far outweighed the drawbacks.  It’s really quite simple.  If I take a full-page ad in the New York Times to publicize a project, it might cost $40,000, and in any case, people tend to be skeptical about advertising.  But if the New York Times writes even a moderately positive one-column story about one of my deals, it doesn’t cost me anything, and it’s worth a lot more than $40,000.
Basically, he seemed to have been saying that there is really no such thing as "bad" publicity; there is only publicity that he did not like.  Nowadays, however, he seems to believe that all the press should be completely muzzled, and that only his word is true.  What a loser.



MuddRM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Joined: 2 Sep 2021
Gender: Male
Posts: 59
Location: Beautiful(?) West Manchester Township, PA

19 Oct 2021, 5:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
It seems he's found a very fertile group of people to grift. Who'd have guessed that conspiracy nuts might be easy to mislead and take advantage of?
How could anyone turn their back on such a pitiful sight?
Image


Especially when the talented grifter looks like he is masturbating while begging!



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 78,600
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

Don't forget that Trump probably had a ghostwriter....



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,906
Location: Australia

19 Oct 2021, 5:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't forget that Trump probably had a ghostwriter....


Like JFK? :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 78,600
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Oct 2021, 5:09 pm

Trump was in New York Military Academy when JFK was assassinated.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,906
Location: Australia

19 Oct 2021, 5:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Mr. Trump used to appreciate "The Press"...
Quote:
One thing I’ve learned about the press is that they’re always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better.  It’s in the nature of the job, and I understand that.  The point is that if you are a little different, or a little outrageous, or if you do things that are bold or controversial, the press is going to write about you.  I’ve always done things a little differently, I don’t mind controversy, and my deals tend to be somewhat ambitious.  Also, I achieved a lot when I was very young, and I chose to live in a certain style.  The result is that the press has always wanted to write about me.

I’m not saying that they necessarily like me.  Sometimes they write positively, and sometimes they write negatively.  But from a pure business point of view, the benefits of being written about have far outweighed the drawbacks.  It’s really quite simple.  If I take a full-page ad in the New York Times to publicize a project, it might cost $40,000, and in any case, people tend to be skeptical about advertising.  But if the New York Times writes even a moderately positive one-column story about one of my deals, it doesn’t cost me anything, and it’s worth a lot more than $40,000.
Basically, he seemed to have been saying that there is really no such thing as "bad" publicity; there is only publicity that he did not like.  Nowadays, however, he seems to believe that all the press should be completely muzzled, and that only his word is true.  What a loser.


A big part of the problem was he wasn't a "professional" politician.
He stuffed up in many areas through inexperience.
He also had a personality problem.

The irony is, it is precisely the fact that he wasn't a political aristocrat that he got in. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,173
Location: Over there

19 Oct 2021, 5:12 pm

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Don't forget that Trump probably had a ghostwriter....

Like JFK? :mrgreen:
No, like Tony Schwartz.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... f-the-deal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump:_Th ... f_the_Deal


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 78,600
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Oct 2021, 5:16 pm

I knew Trump types growing up.

He's just an overgrown schoolyard bully. He makes up names for people just like people used to make up names for me when I went to junior high.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,906
Location: Australia

19 Oct 2021, 5:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Trump was in New York Military Academy when JFK was assassinated.


So you are saying he had an alibi? :scratch: :-P


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 12,326
Location: Northern California

19 Oct 2021, 5:32 pm

Fnord wrote:
From "The Art of The Deal", p26...
Donald Trump wrote:
The other thing I do when I talk with reporters is to be straight.  I try not to deceive them or to be defensive, because those are precisely the ways most people get themselves into trouble with the press.  Instead, when a reporter asks me a tough question, I try to frame a positive answer...
What ever happened to THIS version of Donald Trump?  What turned him into the bitter, narcissistic a***hole he his today?


I don’t think that version ever existed. At least, not when it comes to truth and fact as you or I might know them. I have to admit that one unusual element with the man is that more often than not I think he really believes his own lies. So to him, they aren’t lies.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 78,600
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Oct 2021, 5:36 pm

Basically, Trump believes everybody lies----but the smartest ones don't get caught in their lies.

I grew up with those sorts of people.