Verdict returned in Rittenhouse trial

Page 24 of 60 [ 954 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 60  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:38 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
BTW, I have noticed a moderated style in regard to you engaging with me.

I've been less stressed out lately. I'm not good at holding back a beat when I'm stressed out; more likely to just react. Like most humans, I think.

If you have a puritanical position regarding sexuality, please do not read what is in the spoiler.
I am still unsure how broad-minded you are. 8)
Don't you think bringing in sexuality a tad inappropriate, in this thread? :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:43 pm

Nades wrote:
It's strange how everything seems to be about race on this thread despite the topic being nothing about race.

It is the left that is obsessed with "race".
They have "race" tinted glasses.
They see it even where it doesn't exist.
And I mean that seriously, based on personal experience.

BTW, What "colour" would that tint be? :scratch: :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:45 pm

magz wrote:
Race is a touchy topic in the US. Much more touchy than here in Europe.

Or Australia.

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:49 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Somebody tried to troll my gun board with the Rittenhouse saying he supports BLM thing, mostly got shrugs and a few "kids are dumb" replies, but no one really cares, and those guys think BLM is a Marxist front.

I suspect Kyle really means he is in favour of equal-rights/justice for POC.
He is only young and presumably doesn't know the organisers of the BLM(T) movement are hard-line Marxists.

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:52 pm

Dox47 wrote:
@DW

I find your reaction to Tucker interesting, as it's what people on the right see when they watch mainstream news, even that not explicitly labeled as partisan. That's how we ended up with FOX in the first place, years of pent up rage from that style of news compounded by gaslighting about how we were imagining it, media bias wasn't real, it was all conspiracy theories from talk radio, etc, so it shouldn't be surprising that when the right leaning network finally launched, it was over-corrected a bit in it's leaning. Also, I don't think he's as far off the Democratic party positions as you seem to think, I don't think you pay much attention to what they actually say regarding self defense and weapon laws, where as it's a special interest of mine that I follow intently, quite a few of the laws you object to came as corrections to Democratic party positions, notably stand your ground and castle doctrine.

So how partisan did you find *ucker's video?
The one I presented.

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:56 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Now that Kyle has come out in support of BLM, can we expect the headlines to be changed to:

"BLM Supporter Guns Down 3 White Men"?

:mrgreen:

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 2:59 pm

Brictoria wrote:
magz wrote:
OK, back to the topic: what can be done to discourage more teenagers to go to places of unrest with deadly weapons?

Stop the unrest in those places, perhaps?

As I said previously, if there was no violent protests/rioting, there would be no "need" for vigilantes protecting property.

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 3:47 pm

Nades wrote:
It's strange how everything seems to be about race on this thread despite the topic being nothing about race.

For what it's worth most of my input in this thread has been about Rittenhouse's intentions. It will remain a true mystery what motivated him but now the court case is over and he's free it's irrelevant (unless new information comes out).

There are many people who have responded to the verdict. The response of many PoC is linked back to BLM, Police treatment of black people. That's their voice. It's become quite fashionable for right leaning people to discredit their voices claiming we live in a post-racial society. But ask many PoC and they will disagree.

That;s their prerogative, not mine, I don't have a stake in the verdict other than wonder what type of world my daughter will end up living in when I'm gone.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 4:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:

For what it's worth most of my input in this thread has been about Rittenhouse's intentions. It will remain a true mystery what motivated him but now the court case is over and he's free it's irrelevant (unless new information comes out).

There are many people who have responded to the verdict. The response of many PoC is linked back to BLM, Police treatment of black people. That's their voice. It's become quite fashionable for right leaning people to discredit their voices claiming we live in a post-racial society. But ask many PoC and they will disagree.

That;s their prerogative, not mine, I don't have a stake in the verdict other than wonder what type of world my daughter will end up living in when I'm gone.

Rubbish.
The Rittenhouse case had nothing to with BLM.
It was a trial about self-defence. 8)

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 4:46 pm

Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I've been less stressed out lately. I'm not good at holding back a beat when I'm stressed out; more likely to just react. Like most humans, I think.

If you have a puritanical position regarding sexuality, please do not read what is in the spoiler.
Don't you think bringing in sexuality a tad inappropriate, in this thread? :mrgreen:

I think I shouldn’t be using that expression … the connection never occurred to me. I can be naive like that. Wonder if I can remember (the connotation) though.

Last edited by DW_a_mom on 23 Nov 2021, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2021, 6:29 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Interesting piece of trivia:
According to the jury decisions which have been filed and published, the verdicts were decided by the jury in the following order:
November 17:
"Jump kick man"
Mr Huber

November 18:
Mr Grosskreutz

November 19:
Mr Rossenbaum
Mr McGinniss

This suggests the jury saw the 2 sites as seperate, unconnected incidents, rather than the second being reliant on the outcome of the first.

Trying to track down images of them: They were shown during a recent stream by Rekieta Law.

Image found:

"We count on the space of trust that confidentiality provides. When someone breaches that trust, we are all worse off for it." - Hillary Clinton

Quote:
"Sometimes I think that this is an era when sanity has become controversial." - Thomas Sowell

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 2:28 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Nades wrote:

Rubbish.
The Rittenhouse case had nothing to with BLM.
It was a trial about self-defence. 8)

I agree, but you will need to convince some PoC in America about the link. As I said I don't have a stake in the outcome.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 3:03 am

Pepe wrote:
He is only young and presumably doesn't know the organisers of the BLM(T) movement are hard-line Marxists.

That's like saying all Republicans are Trump supporters.

Or indeed that all Germans in WW2 were supporters of Hitler (just to get the obvious Godwin's Law angle covered).

There are extreme (by American standards) left-wing elements within BLM, but there are extreme right-wing elements within the NRA, Fox News, the Republican Party et al. Does that mean they're running the show, or simply existing on the fringes?

Marginalising protest movements by associating them with political extremism and public disorder is a very old trick. But I suspect you won't accept the "one nutter involved = everyone involved is a nutter" arguement if it's applied to groups you're naturally more sympathic towards.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 3:09 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
Pepe wrote:

That's like saying all Republicans are Trump supporters.

Or indeed that all Germans in WW2 were supporters of Hitler (just to get the obvious Godwin's Law angle covered).

There are extreme (by American standards) left-wing elements within BLM, but there are extreme right-wing elements within the NRA, Fox News, the Republican Party et al. Does that mean they're running the show, or simply existing on the fringes?

Marginalising protest movements by associating them with political extremism and public disorder is a very old trick. But I suspect you won't accept the "one nutter involved = everyone involved is a nutter" arguement if it's applied to groups you're naturally more sympathic towards.

I didn't say everyone in the BLM *movement* is a Marxist.
I was saying it has been reported that the *organisers* are Marxists.

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 3:20 am

Pepe wrote:

I didn't say everyone in the BLM *movement* is a Marxist.
I was saying it has been reported that the *organisers* are Marxists.

I know.

At this point in time, the phrase, the concept, the movement, and the support have very, very little to do with the founders. The three words have a life of their own that the founders have no control or influence over.

I highly doubt that very many BLM supporters can name the original organization founders, much less know their politics. That should be OK. In fact, I think it’s better. If an idea is truly important, even potentially transformative, it will transcend its origins and grow on its own, no longer contingent on all the human failings that come with having an unseverable connection to a founder. Save the unseverable connections for cults and autocrats.

I think it’s a cheap shot when people try to discount the movement by broadcasting the failings of its founders (don’t read that as me suggesting you did; your post is just an opportunity to address it). It’s a way of discounting a message that I do not believe should be discounted. Black lives need to be treated in this country as if they matter. Pretty simple.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2021, 3:43 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I think I shouldn’t be using that expression … the connection never occurred to me. I can be naive like that. Wonder if I can remember (the connotation) though.

Good to hear,
That poor monkey doesn't deserve another flogging. :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

I luv KFC!