Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Age: 42
Gender: Male
Posts: 22,605
Location: The 27th Path of Peh.

19 May 2022, 9:42 pm

The whole thing has been interesting to watch on a social level but not a lot else. Some of the side bar conversations have been interesting though, whether it's Lou Elizondo or others talking about how Washington DC works, what percentage of house and senators are actually interested in the topic (vanishingly few it sounds like). What will be interesting as well is whether this is just a blip that vanishes in a few years or if the spigot's just getting turned on.


_________________
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,710

19 May 2022, 10:35 pm

The Navy/Air Force have been very careful with their language. Even the use of the term UAP is an attempt to erase their apparent nonchalant disinterest in the phenomena of UFOs prior to 2017. This whole exercise in disclosure is a response to Elizondo leaking some footage from the pentagon sponsored secret tax payer funded AATIP investigation. Once the cat was out of the bag the Navy behaved like it was some type of new revelation (when in reality pilots had been reporting this stuff since WWII when pilots saw what they called Foo fighters (not the band).

On the positive side, they are now issueing forms to report sightings and we now have top air force/navy pilots coming forward with vision of objects that (to put it simply) defy our current understanding of the laws of physics.

Putting aside the ability of these objects (captured on radar) to phase through air, water and into space in a matter of seconds, change direction, move against prevailing winds without any form of propulsion or exhaust their shapes are kind of weird.

Case in point - the flying pyramid with an engogenous flashing energy source



I mean where do you start?



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,710

19 May 2022, 10:38 pm

This just posted from Congress a few hours ago



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 55,513
Location: Stendec

20 May 2022, 8:07 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Our military claims that there is no alien tech.  It claims that the UFOs in question are actual vehicles built by rival earth powers- and claims that said powers did it without kidnapping aliens, or 'reverse engineering alien tech' or whatever.

Ergo our military is claiming that Russia or Iran are more advanced (by centuries) in technology than we are. . .
Your assumption does not arise from your claim.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,710

22 May 2022, 2:24 am

Anyway before this thread goes into deep freeze the upshot of the congressional hearing is the erasure of some 70 years of ridicule aimed at the thousands of people who were brave enough to stand by what they saw in the sky or close encounter experiences,

Many so called scientists, politicians, military people, journalists and high profile members of the public mocked both the concept that UFOs exist and also the people who experienced this phenomena.

Alien abduction is the last phenomenon that deserves to be taken seriously. The very first (of many thousands) of alien abductions was that of Barnie and Betty Hill. Barney Hill suffered extreme PTSD from his experiences and died of health complications in his 40s in 1969. People think its ok to make fun of people like this as "kooks" but the fact is you can't fabricate PTSD unless you really experienced what you claim (or something your brain is trying to repress).



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,710

22 May 2022, 3:30 am

Case in point - this was on the front of the technology news today on news.com (the most popular online Australian news channel).
https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... a7bc6a48bb

Before disclosure in 2017 this type of news story would have been considered fringe tabloid. Now it's taken as serious news.

The film of the event titled Ariel Phenomenon has been released just days after the landmark UFO hearing at Washington.



lostproperty
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 405
Location: England

22 May 2022, 8:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
Case in point - this was on the front of the technology news today on news.com (the most popular online Australian news channel).
https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... a7bc6a48bb

Before disclosure in 2017 this type of news story would have been considered fringe tabloid. Now it's taken as serious news.

The film of the event titled Ariel Phenomenon has been released just days after the landmark UFO hearing at Washington.



This is not a subject I take much interest in but I would not be surprised if the MSM and governments gradually start taking it more seriously and allow those who would previously have been dismissed as cranks (for suggesting aliens are here and are trying to tell us something) a platform to beef up a narrative. There's undeniably now a very large number of people in the west suspicious of traditional religions but fully ripe and gagging for guidance from beyond and something to believe in, ready to be exploited.

I can absolutely guarantee the interpreted message being brought to Earth by those apparently able to communicate with them will NOT be "Your climate is not the issue, you just need to get rid of your useless leaders, do not listen to the WEF or Bill Gates. There is no utopia to be arrived at, **** happens, not everybody is equal and try to enjoy life while you can."



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,710

24 May 2022, 2:04 am

lostproperty wrote:
I would not be surprised if the MSM and governments gradually start taking it more seriously and allow those who would previously have been dismissed as cranks (for suggesting aliens are here and are trying to tell us something) a platform to beef up a narrative.


I mentioned the US pentagon, congress and defense forces are being ultra careful with their language. When you look into the wording of the CIA report published in 2021 they;
1. Careful to not use the word UFO - exchanged the phenomena with UAPs or unidentified aerial phenomenon.
2. The reason for point 1 is that they are taking the view the objects are unknown origin but also consistently allude to the first assumption that it's a foreign government or some mad scientist (not extra-terrestrials). The word UFO has been too closely associated with aliens so they deliberately avoid using it in published documents or in speeches.

In this respect until the alien (or inter-dimensional) entities choose to reveal themselves, we will keep hearing UAPs. I for one am skeptical these entities will actually reveal themselves since they haven't done so since at least WWII.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,095
Location: temperate zone

26 May 2022, 3:00 am

Fnord wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Our military claims that there is no alien tech.  It claims that the UFOs in question are actual vehicles built by rival earth powers- and claims that said powers did it without kidnapping aliens, or 'reverse engineering alien tech' or whatever.

Ergo our military is claiming that Russia or Iran are more advanced (by centuries) in technology than we are. . .
Your assumption does not arise from your claim.


I wasnt making any "claims", and I wasnt making any "assumptions". I am just repeating what the Pentagon is saying.

Its the Pentagon that is making the claims. Not me.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,710

26 May 2022, 3:36 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Fnord wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Our military claims that there is no alien tech.  It claims that the UFOs in question are actual vehicles built by rival earth powers- and claims that said powers did it without kidnapping aliens, or 'reverse engineering alien tech' or whatever.

Ergo our military is claiming that Russia or Iran are more advanced (by centuries) in technology than we are. . .
Your assumption does not arise from your claim.


I wasnt making any "claims", and I wasnt making any "assumptions". I am just repeating what the Pentagon is saying.

Its the Pentagon that is making the claims. Not me.


Fnord is adhering to occams razor that these objects are "assumed" to exist until proven otherwise.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,095
Location: temperate zone

26 May 2022, 4:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Fnord wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Our military claims that there is no alien tech.  It claims that the UFOs in question are actual vehicles built by rival earth powers- and claims that said powers did it without kidnapping aliens, or 'reverse engineering alien tech' or whatever.

Ergo our military is claiming that Russia or Iran are more advanced (by centuries) in technology than we are. . .
Your assumption does not arise from your claim.


I wasnt making any "claims", and I wasnt making any "assumptions". I am just repeating what the Pentagon is saying.

Its the Pentagon that is making the claims. Not me.


Fnord is adhering to occams razor that these objects are "assumed" to exist until proven otherwise.


Occam Razor is "the most likely explanation for X is the simplest explanation for X...that covers all of the evidence". A fine rule, but has nothing to do with it.

I think that you meant "innocent til proven guilty in a court of law". THAT rule. You assume that alien tech doesnt exist until you prove it does. Which is fine. But irrelevent since I am making no claim one way or the other.

This is turning into a Three Stooges pie throwing scene, or cowboy fist fight in a saloon..

Glitch says something, but under cut his own argument. Got Fnord to throw a punch at him,... which got me irked because Fnord doesnt seem to understand what subject is being discussed, and so on.

So lets go back to the beginning.

1) The US military has the most advanced military tech in the world. Equal at least to our allies, and more advanced than that of any of our adversaries (like China, Russia, Iran,etc).

2)This same US military admits that these craft are real.

3) This same US military admits that these craft are more advanced than anything the US military has.

4) BUT the US military ascribes the origin of these craft to...adversarial human nations here on earth.

Point four is a problem because of point one.

How could our more primitive earthbound human enemies be...more advanced than us?

Matrix Glitch was making that point. But he dragged in area 51 (and the urban myth about us reverse engineering alien tech from captured UFOs) which confused the issue.

Forget about captured UFOs being kept in secret by us or by other powers.

Lets assume that human nations are all creating human tech without alien influence. It STILL leaves that problem in the Pentagon's official explanation. The problem of explaning how a place like Iran could build flying tic tac things that are centuries ahead of anything the US can make.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,710

26 May 2022, 5:49 am

naturalplastic wrote:
4) BUT the US military ascribes the origin of these craft to...adversarial human nations here on earth.

Point four is a problem because of point one.

How could our more primitive earthbound human enemies be...more advanced than us?


Yes precisely, This is the current impasse we have with the US government. They classify "other" but are focused on finding an earthly origin in the form of a foreign government or private organisation.

Foreign governments liek China or Russia making objects that defy the laws of physics don't make sense otherwise China and Russia would have already used them. That doesn't leave anyone else?

Billionaires like Robert Bigelow pump millions into areospace tech but he works for the US military-industrial complex. Elon Musk's current SpaceX ventures are so far rockets that mostly blow up before they take off. I can't think of private money that could make these things.

There's slim pickings if you looking for an earthly explanation....that's a problem now ask why?