Page 30 of 33 [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,906
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

14 Oct 2022, 9:25 am

orange jesus says if he appears before the J6 committee he wants it broadcast live:

https://www.salon.com/2022/10/14/says-i ... e_partner/

Hmm, why? So he can plead the 5th to every question and make a mockery of the proceedings for his cult members? Defs would be playing games vs. being a respectful participant. Just not sure if that would be his game.. or if he'd go off on one of his rally speeches instead of answering questions. Hmm..


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 19,514
Location: Aux Arcs

14 Oct 2022, 10:02 am

He wants it live so he can signal his crazed followers to stage another revolt.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,906
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

14 Oct 2022, 10:24 am

Misslizard wrote:
He wants it live so he can signal his crazed followers to stage another revolt.

That's actually maybe it.. especially since he's banned from twitter and truth social is a failure so he can't reach his audience.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,618
Location: New York City (Queens)

14 Oct 2022, 10:59 am

goldfish21 wrote:
orange jesus says if he appears before the J6 committee he wants it broadcast live:

https://www.salon.com/2022/10/14/says-i ... e_partner/

Hmm, why? So he can plead the 5th to every question and make a mockery of the proceedings for his cult members? Defs would be playing games vs. being a respectful participant. Just not sure if that would be his game.. or if he'd go off on one of his rally speeches instead of answering questions. Hmm..

Probably all of the above.

On the other hand, if the J6 committee refuses his demand, he can then go on and on and on about how the J6 committee doesn't want the hearings broadcast live so they can take stuff out of context.


_________________
- Autistic in NYC - Resources and new ideas for the autistic adult community in the New York City metro area.
- Autistic peer-led groups (via text-based chat, currently) led or facilitated by members of the Autistic Peer Leadership Group.
- My Twitter (new as of 2021)


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,906
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

14 Oct 2022, 11:50 am

trumplestiltskin went on a 14 page lunatic rant in response to the latest hearing:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-re ... f8f377d6b5

I've yet to read/skim the actual letter, just read this article for now. But in general it sounds like he has nothing new to say and is just spouting off bs to get his remaining red hats riled up so he can aim them at someone again.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 87,510
Location: Queens, NYC

15 Oct 2022, 10:09 am

Why should anybody care what Alex Jones says?

His mouth has cost him over 1 billion dollars.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,906
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

15 Oct 2022, 12:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why should anybody care what Alex Jones says?

His mouth has cost him over 1 billion dollars.

..depends on what he said to who. Apparently there are texts between him and roger stone re: plotting the J6 insurrection.. sooooo, people should care what alex jones says - to the extent that it incriminates him, roger stone, orange jesus etc.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

15 Oct 2022, 5:54 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why should anybody care what Alex Jones says?

His mouth has cost him over 1 billion dollars.

That was a joke, kraftie.



cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,027

15 Oct 2022, 6:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Why should anybody care what Alex Jones says?

His mouth has cost him over 1 billion dollars.


Much like the Jan 6 rioters he will be trying his best to slip out of his legal obligations and face the consequences of his actions.

I'm surprised he isn't blubbering mess of tears like some of the "brave" Jan 6 rioters who find themselves in court trying to plead a fiction that they had no idea why they were breaking windows of a government building, carrying placards that were violent or calling for the lynching of sitting members of congress. Amnesia is an awfully convenient condition.



ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,975
Location: Long Island, New York

21 Oct 2022, 5:18 pm

Trump subpoena: Former president ordered to testify to January 6 committee

Quote:
The congressional panel investigating last year's Capitol riot has issued a legal summons ordering former President Donald Trump to testify to lawmakers.

Addressing him, the document reads: "You were at the center of the first and only effort by any US President to overturn an election."

It goes on: "You knew this activity was illegal and unconstitutional."

A lawyer for Mr Trump accused the lawmakers on the committee of "flouting norms".

Mr Trump could face criminal charges if he does not comply with the subpoena.

He has until 4 November to provide documents to the 6 January committee, and must appear for deposition testimony on or about 14 November.

If Mr Trump refuses to testify to Congress or hand over the requested material, the committee could refer the matter to the Department of Justice - potentially triggering criminal proceedings.

The subpoena was issued just hours after former Trump strategist Steve Bannon was fined $6,500 (£5,800) and sentenced to four months in jail for contempt of Congress.

n a letter that accompanied the subpoena, chairman Bennie Thompson and vice-chairwoman Liz Cheney said the committee had "assembled overwhelming evidence, including from dozens of your former appointees and staff, that you personally orchestrated and oversaw a multi-part effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election".

"You took all of these actions despite the rulings of more than 60 courts rejecting your election fraud claims and other challenges to the legality of the 2020 presidential election, despite having specific and detailed information from the Justice Department and your senior campaign staff informing you that your election claims were false, and despite your obligation as President to ensure that the laws of our nation are faithfully executed," the letter added.

Mr Trump's legal team slammed the subpoena.

"We understand that, once again, flouting norms and appropriate and customary process, the Committee has publicly released a copy of its subpoena," said lawyer David Warrington.

"As with any similar matter, we will review and analyse it, and will respond as appropriate to this unprecedented action."

If Republicans retake control of the House of Representatives after November's midterm elections - which is widely expected - the 6 January committee's work will come to an end and the panel will be disbanded.

Trump accuseing the committee of flouting norms (SMH)


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,993
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

21 Oct 2022, 5:43 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Trump subpoena: Former president ordered to testify to January 6 committee
Quote:
The congressional panel investigating last year's Capitol riot has issued a legal summons ordering former President Donald Trump to testify to lawmakers.

Addressing him, the document reads: "You were at the center of the first and only effort by any US President to overturn an election."

It goes on: "You knew this activity was illegal and unconstitutional."

A lawyer for Mr Trump accused the lawmakers on the committee of "flouting norms".

Mr Trump could face criminal charges if he does not comply with the subpoena.

He has until 4 November to provide documents to the 6 January committee, and must appear for deposition testimony on or about 14 November.

If Mr Trump refuses to testify to Congress or hand over the requested material, the committee could refer the matter to the Department of Justice - potentially triggering criminal proceedings.

The subpoena was issued just hours after former Trump strategist Steve Bannon was fined $6,500 (£5,800) and sentenced to four months in jail for contempt of Congress.

n a letter that accompanied the subpoena, chairman Bennie Thompson and vice-chairwoman Liz Cheney said the committee had "assembled overwhelming evidence, including from dozens of your former appointees and staff, that you personally orchestrated and oversaw a multi-part effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election".

"You took all of these actions despite the rulings of more than 60 courts rejecting your election fraud claims and other challenges to the legality of the 2020 presidential election, despite having specific and detailed information from the Justice Department and your senior campaign staff informing you that your election claims were false, and despite your obligation as President to ensure that the laws of our nation are faithfully executed," the letter added.

Mr Trump's legal team slammed the subpoena.

"We understand that, once again, flouting norms and appropriate and customary process, the Committee has publicly released a copy of its subpoena," said lawyer David Warrington.

"As with any similar matter, we will review and analyse it, and will respond as appropriate to this unprecedented action."

If Republicans retake control of the House of Representatives after November's midterm elections - which is widely expected - the 6 January committee's work will come to an end and the panel will be disbanded.

Trump accuseing the committee of flouting norms (SMH)


"Flouting norms?" What the hell is that supposed to mean?


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,027

21 Oct 2022, 9:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
"Flouting norms?" What the hell is that supposed to mean?


Lawyer speak - trump's defence team are claiming to subpoena a former POTUS is both unconventional and unprecedented

But them again having a blatant criminal hold the highest office in the land is also unprecedented

Trump could take a leaf out of Ronnie Reagan's court trial (over the and feign amnesia. At his age people would buy that.
I remember the Iran-Contra affair. Reagan's closest aides Oliver North and John Poindexter were convicted on charges of obstructing justice and related offenses over Reagan's deal to use drug money to buy weapons for right wing death squads in Nicaragua. Despite the charges against his aides, Reagan never served time in jail as he pretended he couldn't remember anything.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,993
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

21 Oct 2022, 10:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
"Flouting norms?" What the hell is that supposed to mean?


Lawyer speak - trump's defence team are claiming to subpoena a former POTUS is both unconventional and unprecedented

But them again having a blatant criminal hold the highest office in the land is also unprecedented

Trump could take a leaf out of Ronnie Reagan's court trial (over the and feign amnesia. At his age people would buy that.
I remember the Iran-Contra affair. Reagan's closest aides Oliver North and John Poindexter were convicted on charges of obstructing justice and related offenses over Reagan's deal to use drug money to buy weapons for right wing death squads in Nicaragua. Despite the charges against his aides, Reagan never served time in jail as he pretended he couldn't remember anything.


Reagan should have metaphorically "swung" for that, and so should Trump. It's actually common practice to prosecute former chief executives in other democracies around the world.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 55
Gender: Male
Posts: 32,027

21 Oct 2022, 10:25 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Reagan should have metaphorically "swung" for that, and so should Trump. It's actually common practice to prosecute former chief executives in other democracies around the world.


Which is precisely why Trump's lawyers are saying this is unprecedented in the USA.

One of my concerns if Trump is jailed is whether it will outrage his MAGA followers who might launch terrorist attacks against the government. This has infact happened in South Africa where Jacob Zuma was (rightly) jailed for corruption. the ensuing riots that occurred afterward caused the entire country to grind to a halt for several months and did untold damage to the business sector in that country. A similar event in the USA would cause a GFC on a scale not seen before.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,993
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

21 Oct 2022, 10:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Reagan should have metaphorically "swung" for that, and so should Trump. It's actually common practice to prosecute former chief executives in other democracies around the world.


Which is precisely why Trump's lawyers are saying this is unprecedented in the USA.

One of my concerns if Trump is jailed is whether it will outrage his MAGA followers who might launch terrorist attacks against the government. This has infact happened in South Africa where Jacob Zuma was (rightly) jailed for corruption. the ensuing riots that occurred afterward caused the entire country to grind to a halt for several months and did untold damage to the business sector in that country. A similar event in the USA would cause a GFC on a scale not seen before.


I'm hoping America is more politically stable than South Africa.


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Aug 2013
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,975
Location: Long Island, New York

22 Oct 2022, 5:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
"Flouting norms?" What the hell is that supposed to mean?


Lawyer speak - trump's defence team are claiming to subpoena a former POTUS is both unconventional and unprecedented

But them again having a blatant criminal hold the highest office in the land is also unprecedented

Trump could take a leaf out of Ronnie Reagan's court trial (over the and feign amnesia. At his age people would buy that.
I remember the Iran-Contra affair. Reagan's closest aides Oliver North and John Poindexter were convicted on charges of obstructing justice and related offenses over Reagan's deal to use drug money to buy weapons for right wing death squads in Nicaragua. Despite the charges against his aides, Reagan never served time in jail as he pretended he couldn't remember anything.


It was a different time. Yeah, that explanation again.
The Democrats who controlled Congress felt that a second impeachment just 13 years after Watergate would be too damaging for the country. Unlike Trump, even among people who sharply disagreed with him Reagan was well-liked by both the public and members of Congress. He was a lame duck anyway. The first Bush ended up pardoning the underlings who were convicted.


_________________
Professionally Identified and joined WP August 26, 2013
DSM 5: Autism Spectrum Disorder, DSM IV: Aspergers Moderate Severity

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman