Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
If he's an example of the Trump cult MAGA Q-Anon crazed terrorists, they don't live up to the hype that surrounds them.

I don't know what he stands for other than trolling but frankly I don't care. All I know is he always hitches his bandwagon to the MAGA circus. That's good enough for me,

Sounds prejudiced.

How is it prejudiced? he chooses to identify himself with the MAGA brand. It's not like he hides it :lol:

I guess I mistook what you said. Like you were looking down your nose. I think some people are silly regarding certain things they're into, but I don't like looking down on them.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:11 am

Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Maybe he was just killed by random thieves who wanted his stuff.

That was my first thought, but here they seem to be celebrating his murder.

If it had been a serial dog fighter, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent dogs ,I bet you would celebrate.
You would open a bottle of Dom.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 11:25 am

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

If it had been a serial dog fighter, responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent dogs ,I bet you would celebrate.

Yep, that and a bucket of Colonel Sanders KFC.

Last edited by Matrix Glitch on 09 Jul 2022, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 11:49 am

/\I hate factory farms.My brother-in-law raised chickens for Tyson’s and he wouldn’t eat a piece of chicken.It says something when a farmer won’t eat his own produce.He raised a beef every year and put it in the freezer.It had an actual life, lived in a large pasture with other cows till it was harvested for food.The chickens on the other hand ,lived horrible lives and never saw the outdoors till they were loaded on trucks to go to be slaughtered.If you have ever been behind a chicken truck you won’t feel like eating chicken for good while.Chicken houses stink, draw a million flies, pollute the water and torture the animals.I expect with the heat wave we are having ( 100 here the past two days), that they are dropping dead by the hundreds.Poor people need cheap protein so this is what we have.It sucks.
I do have to admit to eating plenty of KFC in my day.Most people have no idea where their food comes from or the conditions the animals are subject to.
Anyway I’d rather have a bottle of Dom than a bucket of KFC.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 12:30 pm

In one sense I don't like trophy hunting. But then again I like looking at all the taxidermy in Cabela's.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 12:40 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:26 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Glitch -

Seriously, now, these here are QAnon followers in Dallas, speaking from their deluded little hearts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE9mTr2uI10

That again is about them, not from them.

People who deny the moon landing say none of the evidence that it occurred can be trusted, as it all comes from NASA.
People who deny that dinosaurs existed reject fossil evidence because it comes from paleontologists, whom they say only created the "dinosaur myth" to uphold Godless Darwinian evolution.
Or in other words, you can deny the veracity of everything I show you by questioning the source.

Is that what you've heard directly from them, or only indirectly about them?

I think if I showed you a link directly from QAnon, you'd claim it was suspect.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:28 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\I hate factory farms.My brother-in-law raised chickens for Tyson’s and he wouldn’t eat a piece of chicken.It says something when a farmer won’t eat his own produce.He raised a beef every year and put it in the freezer.It had an actual life, lived in a large pasture with other cows till it was harvested for food.The chickens on the other hand ,lived horrible lives and never saw the outdoors till they were loaded on trucks to go to be slaughtered.If you have ever been behind a chicken truck you won’t feel like eating chicken for good while.Chicken houses stink, draw a million flies, pollute the water and torture the animals.I expect with the heat wave we are having ( 100 here the past two days), that they are dropping dead by the hundreds.Poor people need cheap protein so this is what we have.It sucks.
I do have to admit to eating plenty of KFC in my day.Most people have no idea where their food comes from or the conditions the animals are subject to.
Anyway I’d rather have a bottle of Dom than a bucket of KFC.

:pale:

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

So far everything you've provided has been suspect. Very suspect. And this last post, sheesh.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 8:06 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So far everything you've provided has been suspect. Very suspect. And this last post, sheesh.

Then, please, by all means, tell me what QAnon really is.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 8:20 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\I hate factory farms.My brother-in-law raised chickens for Tyson’s and he wouldn’t eat a piece of chicken.It says something when a farmer won’t eat his own produce.He raised a beef every year and put it in the freezer.It had an actual life, .

There are organisations who regulate the humane treatment of factory animals produced for meat/eggs etc...But of course there is no way to stop the animal experiencing stress, torture or fear during their short lives before they become somebody's fur coat, steak dinner or omelette.

In my university days I learned that lab rats are very attuned to cues in their environment and can sense the time is close when they are going to be slaughtered for their blood/tissue samples. They suffer fear similar to a person on death row who knows when they are going to be executed.

But does this mean people will stop eating meat? no. I avoid hoofed animals when I can but I still eat chicken and fish. I also will keep using medicine/drugs that are tested on animals during research or clinical trials. Sometimes you have to find a middle ground and unfortunately as children we craved/ate KFC happily provided by our parents so the damage has long been done.

But Glitch's attempt to compare KFC to some south African big game hunter isn't quite the same. People who find it recreational to kill animals for sport are literally enjoying themselves while the animals they harm suffer. I think there is something wrong when you voluntarily want to take a life for no other reason than showing off or the thrill of it.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 8:33 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:

Yep, that and a bucket of Colonel Sanders KFC.

Kentucky Fried Dog (KFD)?
:lol: :lmao: :lmao:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:05 pm

When my daughter was in Vietnam she saw dogs being roasted, mostly in the north.It was best to order vegan items since some people accidentally did eat dog.
No reason to torment any animal before eating it.There are humane ways. Not boiling alive , broiler houses , feed lots etc..

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:10 pm

Misslizard wrote:
When my daughter was in Vietnam she saw dogs being roasted, mostly in the north.It was best to order vegan items since some people accidentally did eat dog.
No reason to torment any animal before eating it.There are humane ways. Not boiling alive , broiler houses , feed lots etc..

Yes this also happens in the famous holiday island of Bali as well in Indonesia. In northern Asia dogs are also beaten while alive just prior to being slaughtered to induce blood flow so the meat tastes better (I'll have to take their word for it). This is horribly cruel especially when it's done to puppies.

Millions of hooved animals are also allowed to bleed to death slowly dying under the banner of Halal or Kosher which is permitted for religious reasons despite the cruelty experienced by the animal.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
/\I hate factory farms.My brother-in-law raised chickens for Tyson’s and he wouldn’t eat a piece of chicken.It says something when a farmer won’t eat his own produce.He raised a beef every year and put it in the freezer.It had an actual life, .

There are organisations who regulate the humane treatment of factory animals produced for meat/eggs etc...But of course there is no way to stop the animal experiencing stress, torture or fear during their short lives before they become somebody's fur coat, steak dinner or omelette.

In my university days I learned that lab rats are very attuned to cues in their environment and can sense the time is close when they are going to be slaughtered for their blood/tissue samples. They suffer fear similar to a person on death row who knows when they are going to be executed.

But does this mean people will stop eating meat? no. I avoid hoofed animals when I can but I still eat chicken and fish. I also will keep using medicine/drugs that are tested on animals during research or clinical trials. Sometimes you have to find a middle ground and unfortunately as children we craved/ate KFC happily provided by our parents so the damage has long been done.

But Glitch's attempt to compare KFC to some south African big game hunter isn't quite the same. People who find it recreational to kill animals for sport are literally enjoying themselves while the animals they harm suffer. I think there is something wrong when you voluntarily want to take a life for no other reason than showing off or the thrill of it.

Trying to load a cow for slaughter isn’t fun.They know, just like a dog or cat knows when they are going to the vet.
There is a business here that has a mobile meat processing unit.It’s less stress on the animal and the person who raised it.If someone can afford it ,locally raised meat is usually the most humane and healthiest.Tastes better also.
https://youtu.be/dLToAHT-YcY

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 9:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Yes this also happens in the famous holiday island of Bali as well in Indonesia. In northern Asia dogs are also beaten while alive just prior to being slaughtered to induce blood flow so the meat tastes better (I'll have to take their word for it). This is horribly cruel especially when it's done to puppies.

Millions of hooved animals are also allowed to bleed to death slowly dying under the banner of Halal or Kosher which is permitted for religious reasons despite the cruelty experienced by the animal.

I’ve know old deer hunters here that didn’t like to eat venison if the deer had been run by dogs, they said that stress made the meat tough and strong tasting and that a clean quick kill always produces better tasting meat.