F.B.I. Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate

Page 14 of 64 [ 1024 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 64  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 1:43 am

I'm going pretty far off topic at this point, sorry ...

Dox47 wrote:
Ugh, I'm nominally pro choice, but I really don't care all that much about it, my primary interest at this point is essentially hostage taking; leave my guns alone and I won't have to vote for the people who appoint these judges, but you won't so here we are. That's really where I'm at at this point, you vote for people who make me miserable, so I'm going to retaliate in kind and bet I can hold out longer, I've already been doing it most of my life after all.

I've seen the negative effects of anti-abortion laws through close friends; it really is a women's health issue, so I can understand if it holds a lower priority for you. But having men write laws on matters they don't understand is understandably frustrating to me.

I think most of the left will leave your guns alone if you can figure out how to keep people from shooting kids. Not by arming teachers, which is a disaster waiting to happen, or by applying measures destined to add to kids anxiety. We just want SOMETHING, and if it can come from people who like you who really, truly, understand the weapons, it would make a lot more than sense than if it came from people like me.

When it comes to abortion, I have a full list of compassionate measures that can be taken to save lives of the unborn. I've thought it through, I know the data, I have proposals. You should be able to do the same with the issue of kids being shot at school. I know you've mentioned some ideas in the past. Although the odds of anyone listening to either of us is small, down here at the roots isn't a bad place to start.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 7:42 am

I don't think the F.B.I. raiding Trump's estate is something we should really be applauding. That's too much abuse of power.

We've seen our civil rights get continually eroded for years, we've seen habius corpus repealed, and we've seen the surveillance state get worse so none of are safe.

It ain't a good thing, folks.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:09 am

VegetableMan wrote:
I don't think the F.B.I. raiding Trump's estate is something we should really be applauding. That's too much abuse of power.

We've seen our civil rights get continually eroded for years, we've seen habius corpus repealed, and we've seen the surveillance state get worse so none of are safe.

But all they can think is:
“ORANGE MAN BAD!! !”

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:18 am

Raptor wrote:
But all they can think is: “ORANGE MAN BAD!”
They have no valid reason to think otherwise.

• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:24 am

In other news:  Merrick Garland calls Trump’s bluff 

The imminent release of the search warrant could provide insight into the potential crimes the Justice Department is investigating pertaining to the handling of classified information.  Among the documents sought by investigators were some pertaining to nuclear and "special access programs", which deal with some of the government’s most highly classified materials.

Did someone say, "
TRE45ON"?

:lol:

• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 8:55 am

Raptor wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

But all they can think is:
“ORANGE MAN BAD!! !”

I'm no Trump fan, but the obsession with him always perplexed me. I only saw him as marginally worse than our last few presidents.

Things will get no better in this country until people stop voting for Dems and Pubs.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:18 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I worry more about Biden when it comes to initiating a nuclear holocaust, since he's been a war monger his entire career. Trump didn't start a new war during his four years, but of course didn't live up to his campaign promise of ending them either.

He may not have started any new international wars, but he sure did his damndest to divide the country & try to start a civil war using his cult followers as dupes for his personal cause of becoming a fascist dictator above the law who answers to no one for his crimes or whims, no matter how delusional.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:20 pm

Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Trump is going up the river. Everyone is abandoning him. Only his little cult worships him. Still terrified he'll be reelected.

Why would anyone look forward to the potential results of him getting elected again? :?

One of the very favorable benefits is what it’ll do to liberals. I’m being as sincere as hell when I say that.

It'd be nice if people voted based on what would be the best trajectory for the country vs. extreme partisan politics of trying to harm the voters they oppose.

Like, what if y'all had an option to vote for universal healthcare instead of all this hate for the other 1/2 of your fellow countrymen? :?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 12:43 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
I worry more about Biden when it comes to initiating a nuclear holocaust, since he's been a war monger his entire career. Trump didn't start a new war during his four years, but of course didn't live up to his campaign promise of ending them either.

He may not have started any new international wars, but he sure did his damndest to divide the country & try to start a civil war using his cult followers as dupes for his personal cause of becoming a fascist dictator above the law who answers to no one for his crimes or whims, no matter how delusional.

It sounds like you're making an argument for a moral equivalence between starting a civil war in this country versus a corporate politician who supports the Military Industrial Complex that could lead us to our extinction event.

Am I correct?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 1:04 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

It sounds like you're making an argument for a moral equivalence between starting a civil war in this country versus a corporate politician who supports the Military Industrial Complex that could lead us to our extinction event.

Am I correct?

No, not really. I'm just pointing out that just because trumplestiltskin didn't start another international war doesn't equate with him being anti-war or anti-violence. He's very obviously pro-violence when said violence serves him personally, as evidenced by his incitement of violence on January 6th and his continued riling up of his cult base via his rally rhetoric. It just resulted in another one of his cult members being killed by law enforcement as he attempted to attack an FBI field office in Ohio. trump couldn't give a flying F less about his cult members and whether they live or die so long as they go on the attack on his behalf, boosting his ego, bolstering his chances for a fascist takeover of the country - to avoid prosecution & potential jail time, as well as to stroke his massive ego and grandiose delusional fantasies.

While it wasn't my intention to draw a moral equivalence, I suppose their may be one.. but also, not really. I think it's far worse to try to start a civil war and destroy your own country (especially as POTUS) than it is to start a war with some other country. WTF? You're supposed to LEAD the country, not try to destroy it. So yeah, no, it's not equivalent at all - it's far FAR worse.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 1:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
In other news:  Merrick Garland calls Trump’s bluff 

The imminent release of the search warrant could provide insight into the potential crimes the Justice Department is investigating pertaining to the handling of classified information.  Among the documents sought by investigators were some pertaining to nuclear and "special access programs", which deal with some of the government’s most highly classified materials.

Did someone say, "
TRE45ON"?

:lol:

You mean they're still just talking about doing it? I wonder if whatever they finally release be more credible than the Steele Dossier.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 1:20 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:
I hope your frustration and need to retaliate with a vote won't take you to the point of voting for someone who will do their darn best to destroy our constitutional checks and balances and Democracy as we know it.

If that's what it takes to destroy the current left, than that's what it takes.

DW_a_mom wrote:
Are you referencing local policies that have had a detrimental effect on your businesses and quality of life when you mention "they won't leave me alone?"

Among other things. I'd love to just be able to live my life and not pay attention to politics, like a normal person, but every time I turn around the left is trying to make me a felon for something I own, or drum me out of business for having the wrong opinion that was completely normal 15 minutes ago, I'm tired of it. Add in the smug self righteousness and endless moralizing from some of the truly dumbest and most ignorant people I've met in my life, and voting for an obnoxious politician starts to seem like the positively restrained option vs others that I have on the table.

This makes me curious which opinions you have that are vilified by The Left. :? It makes me wonder if they were considered "normal 15 minutes ago," by everyone, or only those who share your opinions. Without knowing specifics about what they are it's hard to form an opinion of my own about them.

IMO, there are a lot of "opinions," who's time has come to be relegated to the history books as being from a bygone era of racism, classism, sexism, homophobia/transphobia etc and ought to no longer be acceptable by anyone, regardless of political affiliation.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 2:44 pm

The problem with the new normal sensation is it keeps having to update to stay new.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 2:49 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
The problem with the new normal sensation is it keeps having to update to stay new.

Wut?

What "new normal sensation," are you talking about? :?

Or are you just referencing improvement & progress in general? Like a cycle of continuous improvement in terms of social/societal advancement, civil rights, human rights etc ? If that's it, how exactly is any of that a problem? :? If it's not it, please do feel free to explain what you intended.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 2:51 pm

It's out of control.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2022, 3:08 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
It's out of control.

What is?