Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 4:01 am

Is Liz Truss our new prime minister?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 4:08 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I should imagine those who are the most affected by rising costs would welcome tax reliefs.

I can answer this bit: the tax relief is for people earning over £150,000 per year. Most British people don't earn that much.

And those earning under £12,000 per year (who will be most affected by rising costs) don't pay tax, so tax cuts won't help them in any way.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2022, 4:35 am

Thanks. Yes tax relief for the wealthiest category doesn't benefit the ones who need relief most in order to make ends meet, to use a clichè.

It definitely sounds like they have no idea what they're doing and are likes bunch of amateurs in a science lab, trying to mix various potions and making smelly bangs!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 4:54 am

Does one get the impression that some leaders do not know what they are doing and are making it up as they go along... But they do not want to tell us that? :D

Mind you, I have done that in the past taking on certain jobs where one has to learn the job while one does it which actually gives one a far better understanding in the long run, but when one first starts in the job it is in the deep end, so who knows what will happen?
I think whoever is in, it will not be easy as the country is heading in a direction and is harder to steer to alter course as the steering rudder gets smaller and smaller and the external currents are getting stronger.
Everyone has an oppinion but not many have an overall chart to steer the country by.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 9:32 am

envirozentinel wrote:
Thanks. Yes tax relief for the wealthiest category doesn't benefit the ones who need relief most in order to make ends meet, to use a clichè.

It definitely sounds like they have no idea what they're doing and are likes bunch of amateurs in a science lab, trying to mix various potions and making smelly bangs!

Your last paragraph sums the British government up exactly :x

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 9:36 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Mind you, I have done that in the past taking on certain jobs where one has to learn the job while one does it which actually gives one a far better understanding in the long run, but when one first starts in the job it is in the deep end, so who knows what will happen?

Yes but I'm sure you weren't running a country at those times. Unless you have a secret identity :lol:

People running countries should be the most competent, sensible, clear headed, compassionate ones. Not a bunch of idiots clutching at straws.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 2:35 pm

Story breaking that the Russian government hacked the phone of Liz Truss earlier this year, they have a huge amount of secret info going back a year - messages, voicemails etc. and as Johnson didn't want Sunak to be PM he and Simon Case managed to get a media blackout imposed on the story so that Truss didn't have her campaign for PM damaged

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 2:46 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
Story breaking that the Russian government hacked the phone of Liz Truss earlier this year, they have a huge amount of secret info going back a year - messages, voicemails etc. and as Johnson didn't want Sunak to be PM he and Simon Case managed to get a media blackout imposed on the story so that Truss didn't have her campaign for PM damaged

I just read that. The UK government being corrupt and having lax security. What a huge surprise...NOT!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 6:09 pm

Shouldn't this thread be "Rishi Sunak" scares me :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 9:24 pm

Is Rishi Sunak 'scary'?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 9:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Is Rishi Sunak 'scary'?

He's probably the best looking prime minister in the history if Britain

I think he's nicknamed "Dishy Rishi"

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2022, 9:42 pm

He is an exotic dish?
I guess so.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 12:59 am

Perhaps it's the final nail in the coffin of Winston Churchill

Churchill refused to grant dominion to India on the basis (his belief) that Indians were not capable of providing leadership of a country. How ironic that his beloved "Great Britain" would end up having an Indian running what's left of his empire :lol:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 5:03 am

Rishi Sunak is twice as rich as King Charles III. And he's asking the British public to cut back, tighten our belts, live economically while he has 12 houses.

This cannot be right.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 6:37 am

KitLily wrote:
Rishi Sunak is twice as rich as King Charles III. And he's asking the British public to cut back, tighten our belts, live economically while he has 12 houses.

This cannot be right.

Can't be worse than billionaire Trump?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2022, 6:44 am

cyberdad wrote:
Perhaps it's the final nail in the coffin of Winston Churchill

Churchill refused to grant dominion to India on the basis (his belief) that Indians were not capable of providing leadership of a country. How ironic that his beloved "Great Britain" would end up having an Indian running what's left of his empire :lol:

Churchill was a pretty racist guy. The British like to remember around that bit of him.

The truth is that, for the Conservative Party at least, the only real impediments to success are not being very wealthy and not attending the right schools. Kwasi Kwarteng made an interesting comment about his not being 'the right kind of black man' for diversity champions - he had a point, but it wasn't the point he thought he was making.