Belarus threatens second war on Poland

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 12:39 am

Russia’s best friend Belarus is making some odd claims. It says Poland has been “militarised”. It says Poland has “aggressive intentions”.
Belarusian Security Council secretary Alexander Volfovich has this week warned of another European war.
He blames Poland.
“Being an outpost in the Eastern European region of collective security, Belarus has faced, unfortunately, all security challenges and threats,” he said. “First of all, we are concerned about the military presence on the territory of the neighbouring states, and the military rhetoric from our neighbours.”
https://www.news.com.au/technology/inno ... aa34e5d422

Earlier Poland had advised its citizens to leave Belarus
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/po ... 022-10-10/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 8:57 am

Dont know what game the dictator of Belarus is playing.

Poland has almost four times Belarus's population size. AND Poland is a member of NATO. So Belarus attacking Poland would be suicide for Belarus.

Hitler played similar games on the eve of his invasion of Poland. But Germany was twice the size of Poland, AND Hitler and Stalin had already agreed to divide up Poland and to both attack Poland at the same time. So it was Nazi Germany, and the Soviet Union, against Poland by itself. Not the same bad odds that Belarus has.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2022, 4:05 pm

Poland is a NATO member. A war between Belarus and Poland could escalate into involving other NATO nations...giving Putin (in his own mind) cover for saying NATO is an aggressor. This could allow an already bad situation to get much, much worse.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 2:51 am

It will never happen.
End of story.
"Move along, ppl, nothing to see." 8)

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 3:06 am

Pepe wrote:
It will never happen.
End of story.
"Move along, ppl, nothing to see." 8)

^^^ this

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 1:19 pm

I hope you are right.

But I'll note Putin hasn't exactly been acting rationally lately. And his recent track record is to attack based on false claims he makes about supposed threats to Russia. And he's in a bad situation with respect to Ukraine and might think making everything more complicated could possibly work to his advantage. Plus there are assertions his health is bad.

And I've just stumbled across this article on Yahoo!, attributed to Daily Beast:

"Russian Enemies of Kremlin Meet to Plot Violent ‘Elimination’ of Putin"

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2022, 4:38 pm

They're probably just sabre rattling to double down on their commitment to russia.. it's more about showing loyalty to russia than them actually going to start another war. Is my guess, anyways.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 Nov 2022, 2:54 am

Just empty words for the sake of their inner propaganda.

Poland and Lithuania are friendly hubs for Belarussian democratic opposition, while Lukashenka relies more and more on Kremlin. Making up things to show Poland as a threat serves to discredit their own democratic activists and to justify tightening ties with Moscow.

Most likely nothing more than that. Lukashenka has a history of outlandish claims, nothing new here. My favorite was this one: https://bnn-news.com/lukashenko-claims- ... rus-234199 XD

Certainly no preparations for any real invasion are taking place on either side of the border.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2022, 2:56 am

^Good to know. 8)