Russian missiles fall on Polish territorry, two people dead

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,869
Location: Australia

17 Nov 2022, 12:01 am

magz wrote:

China is also scared, taking the strongest stance against this war so far.


It seems clear to me that Xi wants nothing to do with pootin and his nuclear holocaust scenario since the CCP is close to world dominance.
Russia is already a satellite of China's power collective.

magz wrote:
It's like the Cuban crisis. Everyone is scared. And this hopefully encourages constructive diplomacy, just like it happened back then.


Seriously, magz?
You panic too much. 8O
This "accident", or whatever it is, was never going to escalate into a war involving NATO.
My track record on these sorts of things is pretty good, remember? :wink:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,869
Location: Australia

17 Nov 2022, 12:07 am

magz wrote:
Yup.

That crosses out rapid art-5-ing and nuclear holocaust for now.

So, in a way, it's a good news. Or at least not the worst news.


Perhaps Ukrainian air defence some how altered the trajectory of 2 Russian rockets?
The blast was enormous and doesn't seem comparable to a ground-to-air missile.
The jury is still out on this one, in my mind.

Time will or will not tell.
Remember how the Wuhan virus from the bio-lab is still being debated/refuted? :mrgreen:

The bottom line is, there will be no NATO escalation, no matter the actual Truth of this particular incident. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,869
Location: Australia

17 Nov 2022, 12:11 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Between the lines: "We can't tell for sure that it's Russian. We also can't tell for sure that it's Ukrainian, but we're going to say it was Ukrainian because anything else opens a can of worms we just aren't ready to deal with."


A possibility indeed.
Refer to the Wuhan Chinese/Amerrian diplomatic "Tango". 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,507
Location: Poland

17 Nov 2022, 2:28 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
Yup.

That crosses out rapid art-5-ing and nuclear holocaust for now.

So, in a way, it's a good news. Or at least not the worst news.


Perhaps Ukrainian air defence some how altered the trajectory of 2 Russian rockets?

Generally, air defence alters trajectories of missiles, but why 2?
It could be an air defence missile plus the one it deflected.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>


Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,649
Location: Surrey, UK

17 Nov 2022, 4:02 pm

'NO DOUBT' Zelensky insists missile that hit Poland WAS Russian – despite NATO & US saying it was a Ukrainian air-defence misfire
Adrian Zorzut
Published: 0:03, 17 Nov 2022Updated: 0:13, 17 Nov 2022

UKRAINE'S President Volodymyr Zelensky said he had "no doubt" the missile that hit Poland yesterday WAS Russian - despite counterclaims by NATO and the US.

President Zelensky said he was certain "it was not our missile" that struck and killed two people on a farm four miles from the Ukrainian border.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20452990/zelensky-no-doubt-russian-missile-poland/



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,745
Location: Outter Quadrant

17 Nov 2022, 7:37 pm

Juliette wrote:
'NO DOUBT' Zelensky insists missile that hit Poland WAS Russian – despite NATO & US saying it was a Ukrainian air-defence misfire
Adrian Zorzut
Published: 0:03, 17 Nov 2022Updated: 0:13, 17 Nov 2022

UKRAINE'S President Volodymyr Zelensky said he had "no doubt" the missile that hit Poland yesterday WAS Russian - despite counterclaims by NATO and the US.

President Zelensky said he was certain "it was not our missile" that struck and killed two people on a farm four miles from the Ukrainian border.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20452990/zelensky-no-doubt-russian-missile-poland/


This is somewhat frightening… as Zelenskys credibility could come into question. Have already been seriously trying to consider what is or what is not Propaganda . From both sides of the fight . This could possibly include all info provided by NATO countries in general.? US propaganda campaigns are some of the best in the world , IMHO


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,869
Location: Australia

17 Nov 2022, 7:58 pm

magz wrote:
Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
Yup.

That crosses out rapid art-5-ing and nuclear holocaust for now.

So, in a way, it's a good news. Or at least not the worst news.


Perhaps Ukrainian air defence some how altered the trajectory of 2 Russian rockets?

Generally, air defence alters trajectories of missiles, but why 2?
It could be an air defence missile plus the one it deflected.


I haven't checked what Denys has said today, but the last I heard, the missile seems to be a Ukrainian ground to air.

Sounds like one missile was Ukrainian and the other may have been a Russian one that the GTA missile was targeting.
We may find out the Truth at some time, since the wreckage can't be hidden or interfered with by the Russians who have zero integrity/credibility


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,468
Location: Virginia

17 Nov 2022, 8:04 pm

Jakki wrote:
Juliette wrote:
'NO DOUBT' Zelensky insists missile that hit Poland WAS Russian – despite NATO & US saying it was a Ukrainian air-defence misfire
Adrian Zorzut
Published: 0:03, 17 Nov 2022Updated: 0:13, 17 Nov 2022

UKRAINE'S President Volodymyr Zelensky said he had "no doubt" the missile that hit Poland yesterday WAS Russian - despite counterclaims by NATO and the US.

President Zelensky said he was certain "it was not our missile" that struck and killed two people on a farm four miles from the Ukrainian border.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20452990/zelensky-no-doubt-russian-missile-poland/


This is somewhat frightening… as Zelenskys credibility could come into question. Have already been seriously trying to consider what is or what is not Propaganda . From both sides of the fight . This could possibly include all info provided by NATO countries in general.? US propaganda campaigns are some of the best in the world , IMHO

They were waging information (or rather disinformation) warfare from the beginning. Everybody does, so can't really ding them too much for that. It's about survival for them.

Better question would be if it was deliberate to further drag NATO into the armed conflict...


_________________
Dark humor is 10 children in a dumpster. Morbid humor is a child in 10 dumpsters. :twisted:


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,869
Location: Australia

17 Nov 2022, 8:05 pm

Jakki wrote:
Juliette wrote:
'NO DOUBT' Zelensky insists missile that hit Poland WAS Russian – despite NATO & US saying it was a Ukrainian air-defence misfire
Adrian Zorzut
Published: 0:03, 17 Nov 2022Updated: 0:13, 17 Nov 2022

UKRAINE'S President Volodymyr Zelensky said he had "no doubt" the missile that hit Poland yesterday WAS Russian - despite counterclaims by NATO and the US.

President Zelensky said he was certain "it was not our missile" that struck and killed two people on a farm four miles from the Ukrainian border.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20452990/zelensky-no-doubt-russian-missile-poland/


This is somewhat frightening… as Zelenskys credibility could come into question. Have already been seriously trying to consider what is or what is not Propaganda . From both sides of the fight . This could possibly include all info provided by NATO countries in general.? US propaganda campaigns are some of the best in the world , IMHO


Some Republicans are trying to make a case for stopping aid to Ukraine.
Needless to say, I am not impressed.

What is this fascination, by some on the right of Amerrian politics, for that psychopathic murdering bastard?
Curious.

BTW, Skrew, you orange man.
May De Satan be the skrewer. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,



Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Glory to Ukraine.


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 15,507
Location: Poland

18 Nov 2022, 7:53 am

Zelensky changed his tone when confronted with evidence - which is a good thing, showing he's not a stubborn idiot. Correcting yourself when proven wrong is how you become right.

At his requests, Ukrainian specialists joined the pending PL-US investigation today.

I believe Ukrainians initially panicked, fearing worsening their relations with Poland. Stressing that this accident would have never happened if Russians did not massively shell civilian infrastructure all over Ukraine - so whoever shot this particular missile, it's Russian fault and we don't blame Ukrainians who were only defending themselves - probably helped them calm down enough to act more reasonably.

Most likely, somewhere within Ukrainian military someone freaked out and tried to cover their f***up, giving their version to the president, which he initially believed.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>