Looking for other teens with Aspergers to talk to

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Maddiexo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 18 Nov 2019
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Posts: 6
Location: Worcester

21 Nov 2019, 12:48 pm

Hi I’m maddie and I’m 14, I’m new here and looking for like minded people to talk to as I can’t find any other good websites. Anyone know any teen groups for Aspergers and ASD I can chat online with? Please msg me if you’re a teen and feeling a bit lonely like I am



lonelylogic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 20 Nov 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 22
Location: down under

21 Nov 2019, 10:03 pm

Hi Maddie,
I used to use a group on kik for ASD, you may be able to find a teen ASD one there?
I'm 17, so I'm down to chat if you'd like to. Good luck



Maddiexo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 18 Nov 2019
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Posts: 6
Location: Worcester

22 Nov 2019, 3:12 pm

lonelylogic wrote:
Hi Maddie,
I used to use a group on kik for ASD, you may be able to find a teen ASD one there?
I'm 17, so I'm down to chat if you'd like to. Good luck

Hey thank you I can’t seem to find any teen ones unfortunately do you know any other places online? I’m down to chat too aswell.



lonelylogic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 20 Nov 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 22
Location: down under

22 Nov 2019, 5:10 pm

Maddiexo wrote:
Hey thank you I can’t seem to find any teen ones unfortunately do you know any other places online? I’m down to chat too aswell.

There’s also ASD groups on whisper, but whisper is filled even more than kik with pervs. Sorry for not being able to find any teen ones, I know how hard it can be to find a community like that when you’re younger and there’s quite a difference. I know I’m only 17 but hey, I’m bridging towards my scary adult years soon enough.
Btw, I can’t tell if you have pm’d me at the moment because I’m on my phone and I’m still trying to work this site out lmao, but I’ll check when I get on my PC later x



ReapTheWhirlwind
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 9 Sep 2019
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Posts: 79
Location: Central Pennsylvania

24 Nov 2019, 3:04 pm

The only thing I can think of is Discord. Though, there are a lot of predators there, so I would be cautious if I were you. I've met fellow aspies through there, and through reddit too.

I'm 16, I'm down to chat with another aspie near my age.


_________________
"Stop quoting me"

-Issac Einstein (1453)


julian_03
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 25 Nov 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 5

25 Nov 2019, 9:46 pm

I've had the same issues lately. In my area, it is really hard to find any support groups for people with autism under the age of 18, and honestly, there aren't any at all for anyone with Aspergers or high functioning autism. I can really relate to how lonely it can feel, especially with the stigma that surrounds autism and Asperger's diagnosis. Almost no one knows that I have an autism diagnosis, and I think that it is really hard to get close to people for me. I really wish that there were more opportunities for me to connect with other teens with Aspergers.



Maddiexo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 18 Nov 2019
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Posts: 6
Location: Worcester

26 Nov 2019, 4:40 am

julian_03 wrote:
I've had the same issues lately. In my area, it is really hard to find any support groups for people with autism under the age of 18, and honestly, there aren't any at all for anyone with Aspergers or high functioning autism. I can really relate to how lonely it can feel, especially with the stigma that surrounds autism and Asperger's diagnosis. Almost no one knows that I have an autism diagnosis, and I think that it is really hard to get close to people for me. I really wish that there were more opportunities for me to connect with other teens with Aspergers.

Me too! I feel like young people with autism and Aspergers feel scared to reach out because of what people think and what people say and I wish it didn’t have to be that way, the stigma around autism and Aspergers needs to stop because it’s making people like us feel scared to reach out.



Maddiexo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 18 Nov 2019
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Posts: 6
Location: Worcester

26 Nov 2019, 4:42 am

ReapTheWhirlwind wrote:
The only thing I can think of is Discord. Though, there are a lot of predators there, so I would be cautious if I were you. I've met fellow aspies through there, and through reddit too.

I'm 16, I'm down to chat with another aspie near my age.

I have tried discord but to be honest I have no clue how to use it, I will try reddit and thank you I am too! :)



EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 27,828
Location: Twin Peaks

26 Nov 2019, 9:10 pm

I started posting to Wrong Planet when I was 13. I'm 19 now and WP has worked well for me all throughout my teen years. And unlike a teen site I won't feel like I am too old for it after I turn 20. Plus I never encountered any predators here.



Maddiexo
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 18 Nov 2019
Age: 16
Gender: Female
Posts: 6
Location: Worcester

26 Nov 2019, 9:36 pm

EzraS wrote:
I started posting to Wrong Planet when I was 13. I'm 19 now and WP has worked well for me all throughout my teen years. And unlike a teen site I won't feel like I am too old for it after I turn 20. Plus I never encountered any predators here.

I really hope it works for me and I find some like minded people to talk to.



B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,993
Location: New Zealand

26 Nov 2019, 11:52 pm

Mod note: Maddie, you broke the rules by using your first post to promote a link to a video of yours. As you would have read in the rules, new members can't do this.

Also, please spend time getting used to Wrong Planet before trying to recruit members to private chats. Let people get to know who you really are first. Stay safe.



holla_bread
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Joined: 8 Dec 2019
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Posts: 5
Location: NE pennsylvania

08 Dec 2019, 8:03 am

I've been looking for a bunch of auties to talk to my age for a while so if anyone's interested hit me up



lvpin
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 26 Oct 2018
Gender: Female
Posts: 448

19 Dec 2019, 11:24 pm

Maddiexo wrote:
Hi I’m maddie and I’m 14, I’m new here and looking for like minded people to talk to as I can’t find any other good websites. Anyone know any teen groups for Aspergers and ASD I can chat online with? Please msg me if you’re a teen and feeling a bit lonely like I am


I can't think of any others atm but I definitely know where you are coming from. I often feel lonely too, not bc I lack friends but because I can tell I'm different and others can too.