How do you guys deal with depression and anxiety?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

nineinchnailsfan93
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2020, 8:49 pm

I tend to have these issues myself and when ever i get anxious or depressed, i tend to linger on about it, have meltdowns or just become tired and shut down. Id like to know how you guys cope with this and how i can go about it.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2020, 12:51 pm

I've suffered with chronic depression most of my life. I gradually found coping methods that helped. You have to find things to distract you, like music, reading, watching funny TV shows and movies, gardening, hobbies, etc.

You also need to get enough sleep, improve your diet, and get some exercise.

This all helps, and help me some, but a few years ago I started taking mood-boosting supplements, starting with B complex, and vitamin D and C, and found that these helped even more. I finally reached an almost normal mood state, and was able to mostly stay at that level. You have to take higher than the recommended dose, but it's best to gradually raise the dosage. I discovered by accident that I was definitely B complex deficient when I happened to run out of my B complex supplements a few times. Each time this happened I started getting too emotional and started getting depressed, but as soon as I got some more B complex vitamins, and started taking them again, I was feeling better within 24 hours.

I don't want to go back to being a chronic depressive, so I will keep taking the mood-boosting supplements, along with my coping methods. :D