Page 5 of 6 [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,334

08 Mar 2022, 6:58 am

I don't have anything else to confess.

Some bad people will have some things to confess regarding what they did to me, and some maybe have, maybe not. I'll forgive them all, because I've let go of those things and my grudges are just scars on my body, not my mind.



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,110
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

08 Mar 2022, 7:36 am

I judge my granddad a little, who fought in world war two, because he became hateful of his brother who was not conscripted to world war two, to fight for the United Kingdom & its British Empire and that future vision of hope for the world.

My granddads brother lost an eye to a catapult from a Bart Simpson esque character (a real life version), when he was 14 years old.

His name was Jimmy.

His nickname... Jimmy One-Eye.



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,110
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

08 Mar 2022, 8:04 am

I would rather live a soulful life in a world that I love, than a soulless life in a world that I despise.

I can tolerate existing in a world that I love even half-way.

But what has been the United Kingdom's culture in the past decade has made me want to vomit in my mouth, on a daily basis.



kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 85,957
Location: Queens, NYC

08 Mar 2022, 8:33 am

I really don't bother with people. I don't get all smarmy and philosophical about the "human condition." I feel like there are good people, and there are bad people----and I seek to avoid the bad people.

Nature----mountains, lakes, oceans, beaches, etc. is the thing that keeps me interested.



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,110
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

08 Mar 2022, 8:39 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I really don't bother with people. I don't get all smarmy and philosophical about the "human condition." I feel like there are good people, and there are bad people----and I seek to avoid the bad people.

Nature----mountains, lakes, oceans, beaches, etc. is the thing that keeps me interested.


I like that last part. Nature is bliss. Urban hellscape is not.



And So It Goes
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 424

08 Mar 2022, 11:36 am

Because I'm a self-centered shmuck, I'm often convinced if I remove myself from existence that the world as we know it won't plummet into chaos.

That each day I live here, everything seems to slowly get worse.


_________________
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,229
Location: Aux Arcs

08 Mar 2022, 12:01 pm

On a school camping trip we sliced up some green persimmons and put in Margaret’s beef stew as a joke.We waited for a reaction, but there was none.We figured that Margaret didn’t chew when she ate.Just sort of sucked it down.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

08 Mar 2022, 1:05 pm

Misslizard wrote:
On a school camping trip we sliced up some green persimmons and put in Margaret’s beef stew as a joke.We waited for a reaction, but there was none.We figured that Margaret didn’t chew when she ate.Just sort of sucked it down.


Apparently the unripe ones can cause blockages in the guts. 8O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytobezoar


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,229
Location: Aux Arcs

08 Mar 2022, 1:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
On a school camping trip we sliced up some green persimmons and put in Margaret’s beef stew as a joke.We waited for a reaction, but there was none.We figured that Margaret didn’t chew when she ate.Just sort of sucked it down.


Apparently the unripe ones can cause blockages in the guts. 8O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytobezoar

Not in Margaret’s case.She was just fine.
I think it passed out as fast as it went in.
She was entitled and annoying, that’s why we did it.
Also I told her she could listen to my albums, but do NOT stack them on auto play and do not get finger prints on the grooves.She did both.She deserved green persimmons.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,110
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

08 Mar 2022, 2:04 pm

I confess that I have done things probably for selfish reasons in retrospect, but I usually do things with good intentions, even if I have deluded myself that those reasons were not ultimately selfish - in the past.

The judgement of ones own decisions in life and the paths taken, can change along the rivers of time.



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,110
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

08 Mar 2022, 5:00 pm

I confess that the deadly sin of greed has caught up with me this evening, via the actions of another.

It is probably for the best.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,824
Location: the island of defective toy santas

08 Mar 2022, 5:00 pm

i have failed people too many times due to immaturity and general flakiness.



blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,110
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

08 Mar 2022, 7:19 pm

I confess that I forgot the act of switching the buttons off on my usb hub and that this missed memory alarmed me as usually I remember everything in an Autistic manner.

My paranoia about forgetting things and anxiety about developing a memory disorder, makes me try harder to re-inforce my brain-neurons.



Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,037
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

08 Mar 2022, 8:15 pm

I'm easily emotionally blackmailed by anyone I love and respect enough, usually through themselves or someone else who I also love and respect enough.

I'm holding myself back. I don't want to do something I'd end up regretting.

But truth to be told, for as long as I could remember, I was more than ready to hate.
Ready to destroy and throw them all away.

I had never ever had been, ready to love.

Even if I can love, love someone back, and appreciate someone's love...
I had never been eager to do and attain it.

I'm not afraid of love.
I just fall very easily into and very eager to hate and rage with wrath.


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 18,229
Location: Aux Arcs

08 Mar 2022, 8:58 pm

Attended Ted Nugent concert when I was a teenager.
I am so sorry.
Plus it was awful.Just awful.


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,110
Location: In a square sphere of abstract, nuanced thought.

08 Mar 2022, 9:03 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
I'm easily emotionally blackmailed by anyone I love and respect enough, usually through themselves or someone else who I also love and respect enough.

I'm holding myself back. I don't want to do something I'd end up regretting.

But truth to be told, for as long as I could remember, I was more than ready to hate.
Ready to destroy and throw them all away.

I had never ever had been, ready to love.

Even if I can love, love someone back, and appreciate someone's love...
I had never been eager to do and attain it.

I'm not afraid of love.
I just fall very easily into and very eager to hate and rage with wrath.


Me neither. My love is too sweet for most people not to abuse the power they have over me, when I am in love with them.

I am never ready to love - it simply takes over me.