Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1757 of 1848 [ 29564 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1754, 1755, 1756, 1757, 1758, 1759, 1760 ... 1848  Next

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 6:21 am

Raleigh wrote:
^Life can suck.

I'm still experiencing grief.
But I'm not sure if it will ever end.
Can grief be eternal?

Yes.

But it changes in intensity and in duration. It begins so constant and gripping that nothing else matters. Nothing else exists.

Gradually, periods of reduced emotion are experienced. Quite likely from emotional exhaustion. But never the less, they do appear. And just when you think things are getting better, you are hit with the whole experience fresh. Again and again.

Eventually, grief becomes episodic. Periods of relief become longer. When it hits, it still its hard, but its grip is weaker.

Finally, the grief exists, but for the most part, it is in the past and viewed with more detachment, like a sad movie you once saw.

There are a variety of techniques that may be useful in processing grief. As with many things, some work for some and don't work for others.

But it is work. A lot of work. But it can be done.

I'm sorry for the pain of your grief and hope you find some relief, in bits and pieces, throughout your day. Treasure them. You, too, Dill. And anyone else going through this.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 8:06 am

A living without something to devote myself into.

... :(

Too stressed and distracted to actually choose a commitment.
Or perhaps not -- too immature to sacrifice and that's just an excuse.

Basically, having no special interests.
That cannot be willed. And nothing came onto me. At least no longer did.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 9:31 pm

Raleigh wrote:
^Life can suck.

I'm still experiencing grief.
But I'm not sure if it will ever end.
Can grief be eternal?

Yes, because love is eternal.

Sending my own to you.
:heart:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

12 Jul 2022, 12:23 am

The heat made me unhappy and WP isn't nearly as populated as it was 10 years ago.

Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 12:52 am

Heat, humidity, cicadas. AKA summer in Kansas.

I detest feeling even remotely damp, and the cicadas are very hard on my ears, harsh and loud.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

When you assume, it makes an a** out of u and me.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 4:03 am

The mandarin orange wasn't tart enough.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 8:24 am

That I'm terrible at not being able to maintain consistent email communication with the small number of people on my contact list.

"There are warnings of gales in Viking, Forties, Cromarty, Forth, Fisher, Dover, Wight, Portland, Plymouth, Finisterre, Sole, Lundy, Fastnet, Shannon, Rockall, Malin, Hebrides, Bailey, Fair Isle, Faeroes and Southeast Iceland."

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 8:48 pm

The teenagers in my driver's education class wouldn't stop talking and being loud which was giving me sensory overload. Now I remember why I hated being in school.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 8:51 pm

today i woke up in the middle of the night and ate. (emotional overeating).

a phone interview dialed my number and i tried to answer but it was like (dropped call). otherwise i pushed the wrong button and feel stupid and ashamed. i tried to call back, but it wasn't happening. but i did not call back after that, because i was afraid that they would tell the 911 that i made a prank call.

______________________________________________________________________________________

for the first time in my "life", my sister took me shopping for rags. i wasted about $350 bucks. i only earn minimum wage. my sister earns a lot more cash than me. she did not pay for it. however, she did drive. i haven't gone rags shopping since before june 2019 (exception: three pairs of shoes).

my sister also had the nerve to defend the day laborers that were screaming "chino" at me.

Aspieangeldude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2022, 11:02 pm

I’m disgruntled about my life and the world, one disaster after a freaking nother I don’t know what I’m gonna do with all this rage. I don’t want to do anything I’ll regret so I’m trying to find ways to release my combination of sadness and fury :cry: :x

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 4:00 pm

The Care Bear Cousins Lotsa Heart Elephant plush I ordered on Ebay arrived and it's much smaller than the seller said it was. I ended up giving them a negative review and then sent them a message. They replied saying if I had contacted them before sending them a negative review they could have worked something out and that it was an "honest" mistake. I guess I'm going to have to live with my mistake then, spending way too much for a stuffed animal that's only eight inches when they said it was 13 inches. Don't trust online sellers when they say how big something is supposed to be. They really don't know how to measure things. :x

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 8:47 pm

I've felt like s**t and my heart has been racing all day.

Aspieangeldude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2022, 1:42 am

And another thing on my misfortune list, my Dad was diagnosed with Covid today and I was with him all day yesterday, and I’m probably going to catch it and die. As one of my OC says “ugh! Why does life have to be so unfair!” Only this time I actually asked my own self for once

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 8:12 am

I'm always being second guessed, since I don't take the first cause of a problem.

"There are warnings of gales in Viking, Forties, Cromarty, Forth, Fisher, Dover, Wight, Portland, Plymouth, Finisterre, Sole, Lundy, Fastnet, Shannon, Rockall, Malin, Hebrides, Bailey, Fair Isle, Faeroes and Southeast Iceland."

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 8:47 am

The apple was a lot less sour than expected.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 12:01 pm

One of those bad evenings for medical stuff and my mother. It's been good there for some months now. Oh well. I was called a guardian angel this time, which is a nice one, and I guess that'd be because I was standing behind her making sure she didn't fall. A somber aftermath for me. No tears this time.

Me, as usual.