Page 120 of 128 [ 2045 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123 ... 128  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,142
Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

09 Aug 2022, 11:27 pm

Peter A. wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I feel that it's pointless to celebrate the differences between men and women.


Why? It's the differences between the two that make all the difference, that make people more interesting and less predictable.


Because I'm Transgender and I identify as male.


_________________
Oberfeldwebel

Age: 48
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,142
Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

09 Aug 2022, 11:30 pm

Autistic people should be left alone to do whatever they want to.


_________________
Oberfeldwebel

Age: 48
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.


Twilightprincess
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Age: 38
Gender: Female
Posts: 8,864
Location: Small Town From Hell

09 Aug 2022, 11:32 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Peter A. wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
I feel that it's pointless to celebrate the differences between men and women.


Why? It's the differences between the two that make all the difference, that make people more interesting and less predictable.


Because I'm Transgender and I identify as male.


I like differences but emphasizing supposed gender differences causes more harm than good.


_________________
Away.


Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Oct 2021
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,741
Location: US

10 Aug 2022, 1:54 am

People who can't get though the check out stand quickly should be told to leave the store because they're holding up the line.



temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 9 Apr 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,807

10 Aug 2022, 2:50 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
People who can't get though the check out stand quickly should be told to leave the store because they're holding up the line.
Do you mean the self-checkout? If so, yes, I agree. It's not meant for people that cannot handle machines. Probably the machine should automatically cancel the transaction when it's too slow.



Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,051

10 Aug 2022, 9:42 am

Radishes are gross. :eew:


_________________
"A loaded gun won't set you free. So you say." - Ian Curtis


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,005
Location: Stendec

10 Aug 2022, 9:44 am

temp1234 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
People who can't get though the check out stand quickly should be told to leave the store because they're holding up the line.
Do you mean the self-checkout? If so, yes, I agree. It's not meant for people that cannot handle machines. Probably the machine should automatically cancel the transaction when it's too slow.
My own beef is with those people who do not have their checks and coupons ready by the time they get to the cashier.


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •


kmb501
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2015
Gender: Female
Posts: 94
Location: Texas

10 Aug 2022, 9:49 am

Cats are like autistic people and dogs are like allistics; maybe that's why I like cats so much

YouTube was better when it was mostly people making short silly home videos and sharing them with the internet, not when it became an alternative to TV.

People need to be taught how to digest facts and seek out true information; there are way too many rumors and conspiracy theories online that for whatever reason, people believe are true.

We should actually be striving to get along with each other and learn about each other, but...forget that. It seems like most people have a social moral compass that points in every direction except the direction they should go. Instead of trying to learn about people and trust them, the average person shuns them and shuts them out. Sure, bad self-serving people exist, but is it logical to assume everyone is that way until they prove otherwise?



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 38
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

10 Aug 2022, 12:19 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that the 1970s would be a great time to travel back to.


I think if you had to live in the past you'd find aspects of who you are greatly conflict with their norms and that this would make the experience very disappointing.

Here's my unpopular opinion: The good ol' days weren't.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 25 Feb 2021
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,685
Location: Texas

10 Aug 2022, 11:57 pm

My unpopular opinion is alcohol laws need to get back to where they were in the 1790's or early 1800's so the alcohol laws can be so lax in this country again.My unpopular opinion is that alcohol needs to be bought and sold and consumed in every part of the US.This makes me really unpopular as a church of Christ preacher to be so pro-alcohol.I want to be activist for alcohol someday so that makes me unpopular in church.I think that political parties in the US need to be banned like the way George Washington wanted it to begin with.



temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 9 Apr 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,807

11 Aug 2022, 2:57 am

I consider the blood-related family of a bad person contemptible because they carry bad DNA.



CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 109,142
Location: On a special base where the Christmas soldiers of the world live

12 Aug 2022, 1:18 pm

The Monkees had better music than The Beatles.


_________________
Oberfeldwebel

Age: 48
Gender: Non-Binary
Pronouns: He/Him/His
IQ: 86 and I use all 86 of them.


temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 9 Apr 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,807

14 Aug 2022, 10:12 am

In Australia a gay marriage between a human being and a koala is possible.



Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 59,976
Location: Over there

14 Aug 2022, 10:22 am

temp1234 wrote:
In Australia a gay marriage between a human being and a koala is possible.
No, and that's patently ridiculous.

"On 9 December 2017, the right to marry in Australia was no longer determined by sex or gender."

"On 9 December 2017, the Marriage Act 1961 was updated to allow for marriage equality. The Act defines marriage as 'the union of 2 people to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life'."

You'll note it (redundantly) says "people".

https://www.ag.gov.au/families-and-marr ... -australia


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,005
Location: Stendec

14 Aug 2022, 10:28 am

temp1234 wrote:
In Australia a gay marriage between a human being and a koala is possible.
On average, Koalas usually live about 15 years. Doesn’t Australia have laws requiring parental consent for the marriage of a minor? How would you gain consent from the koala’s parents when (1) they may already be dead, (2) they can neither read nor write, and (3) they may not even recognize their own offspring?


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •


temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 9 Apr 2022
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,807

14 Aug 2022, 10:37 am

^ Sorry for confusing you guys but I initially intended to post it in the "Post a blatant lie" thread but mistakenly posted in the Unpopular thread. I realized my mistake immediately but thought no big deal. I don't usually think much when I post because this section is not really important and I can say any rubbish. I surely wouldn't want to marry a koala, kangaroo, rose or human being. Any way, I have more unpopular opinions coming. I'll post them soon!