Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,002
Location: Alberta, Canada

20 Oct 2019, 3:09 am

I have a love/hate relationship with caffeine. Often I feel no effect from it, sometimes it wakes me up, and sometimes it causes me to crash. I've certainly experienced anxiety from having too much caffeine before. If I want a serious energy boost though, I find high doses of nicotine work better. Unfortunately, it easily causes anxiety.


_________________
Every day is exactly the same...


SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

User avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 156
Location: Melbourne, Australia

20 Oct 2019, 8:12 pm

nick007 wrote:
If tea contains caffeine & tea is stereotyped to be calming/relaxing & helps people sleep. Why is caffeine like coffee & soda stereotyped to be a stimulant that can make people jittery :?


I think it has something to do with the amount of caffeine. Tea and good coffee (arabica) hardly has any, while tea contains herbs known to be calming. Instant coffee has more, and soft drinks and energy drinks have it actually intentionally added, so they have many times the amount found in a tea or coffee. That's my understanding of it, anyway.


_________________
Apologies for the excessive length of my posts.


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,863
Location: Australia

21 Oct 2019, 3:58 am

I go bonkers on caffeine.
If I need to work physically (spring/gardening) I grab a java first thing in the morning.
It affects the entire emotional spectrum, so approach with caution. :twisted:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Nov 2017
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,431
Location: amid the sunlight and the dust and the wind

21 Oct 2019, 4:02 am

The amounts of caffeine in tea and coffee makes my heartbeat go crazy.

A couple of years ago, I tried decaffeinated tea, but it tastes like muddy water to me. Also, it made me go pee about every 30 minutes for hours afterwards.



mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,002
Location: Alberta, Canada

21 Oct 2019, 6:13 am

I drank a couple of sugar free Red Bulls when I woke up yesterday afternoon and it got me pretty energized. Something about Red Bull seems to make me more jittery than other energy drinks.


_________________
Every day is exactly the same...


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,863
Location: Australia

21 Oct 2019, 8:35 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I drank a couple of sugar free Red Bulls when I woke up yesterday afternoon and it got me pretty energized. Something about Red Bull seems to make me more jittery than other energy drinks.


Sounds like a lot of "Red Bull" to me. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jun 2017
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 10,735
Location: Poland

22 Oct 2019, 1:21 am

If I drink coffee when I'm rested, I become mobilized and enthusiastic.
If I drink coffee when I'm tired, I become overloaded, my excutive functioning fails at every level and I shut down.

So, I enjoy a cup of coffee after a good sleep but I definitely can't use it to make up for a sleepless night.


_________________
Let's not confuse being normal with being mentally healthy.


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,053
Location: Outter Quadrant

22 Oct 2019, 1:06 pm

Sometimes it helps me be awake . And get on with stuff, but a good light healthy meal does similair.
For me. Can use redbull and even get extra pep , for even a few hours .


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,584
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Oct 2019, 7:02 am

Jakki wrote:
Sometimes it helps me be awake . And get on with stuff, but a good light healthy meal does similair.
For me. Can use redbull and even get extra pep , for even a few hours .
I sometimes find when I'm really tired that I wanna binge eat & it only helps me wake up a tiny bit.
Has anyone here tried Go Go Juice :?: It's a combination of Red Bull & Mountain Dew. It's something Honey Boo Boo drank. I never watched that show but heard of it. I never tried Go Go Juice but I'm not a fan of Mountain Dew, never tired Red Bull, & I'm not into energy drinks.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition


TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 26 Sep 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,115
Location: The US of freakin A <_<

23 Oct 2019, 7:03 am

Caffeine makes me manic. :|



Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,053
Location: Outter Quadrant

23 Oct 2019, 7:37 am

nick007 wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Sometimes it helps me be awake . And get on with stuff, but a good light healthy meal does similair.
For me. Can use redbull and even get extra pep , for even a few hours .
I sometimes find when I'm really tired that I wanna binge eat & it only helps me wake up a tiny bit.
Has anyone here tried Go Go Juice :?: It's a combination of Red Bull & Mountain Dew. It's something Honey Boo Boo drank. I never watched that show but heard of it. I never tried Go Go Juice but I'm not a fan of Mountain Dew, never tired Red Bull, & I'm not into energy drinks.


Whoa ...! Mountain dew And redbull. Twice the caffiene ..
Am label reader , done trial and error on supplements since 16 yrs.
Based on book , life extension , by dirk person and sandy shaw .
It was great , one of the amino acids in redbull and few other energy drinks.
Taurine... helps body recover from stress , like 1000 mgs . It works
, but must think on eating too , to help body recover. And physical rest .
Otherwise , use it once a week. Mainly for yard work .
*(not intended as medical advise.)


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,053
Location: Outter Quadrant

23 Oct 2019, 7:40 am

Pepe wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I drank a couple of sugar free Red Bulls when I woke up yesterday afternoon and it got me pretty energized. Something about Red Bull seems to make me more jittery than other energy drinks.


Sounds like a lot of "Red Bull" to me. :mrgreen:



Lololololol no sugar free.


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Dec 2013
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,002
Location: Alberta, Canada

23 Oct 2019, 8:11 am

Jakki wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Sometimes it helps me be awake . And get on with stuff, but a good light healthy meal does similair.
For me. Can use redbull and even get extra pep , for even a few hours .
I sometimes find when I'm really tired that I wanna binge eat & it only helps me wake up a tiny bit.
Has anyone here tried Go Go Juice :?: It's a combination of Red Bull & Mountain Dew. It's something Honey Boo Boo drank. I never watched that show but heard of it. I never tried Go Go Juice but I'm not a fan of Mountain Dew, never tired Red Bull, & I'm not into energy drinks.


Whoa ...! Mountain dew And redbull. Twice the caffiene ..
Am label reader , done trial and error on supplements since 16 yrs.
Based on book , life extension , by dirk person and sandy shaw .
It was great , one of the amino acids in redbull and few other energy drinks.
Taurine... helps body recover from stress , like 1000 mgs . It works
, but must think on eating too , to help body recover. And physical rest .
Otherwise , use it once a week. Mainly for yard work .
*(not intended as medical advise.)

The Mountain Dew would dilute the caffeine content of the Red Bull. Red Bull = 80mg caffeine per 250ml. Mountain Dew = 55mg caffeine per 355ml. https://www.math.utah.edu/~yplee/fun/caffeine.html


_________________
Every day is exactly the same...


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,403
Location: I'm right here

23 Oct 2019, 2:02 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I have a love/hate relationship with caffeine. Often I feel no effect from it, sometimes it wakes me up, and sometimes it causes me to crash. I've certainly experienced anxiety from having too much caffeine before. If I want a serious energy boost though, I find high doses of nicotine work better. Unfortunately, it easily causes anxiety.


Typically nicotine causes a reduction in anxiety.

Personally, when I need more energy I take 24-40mg of ephedrine, or 24mg ephedrine and 200mg of caffeine.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,053
Location: Outter Quadrant

24 Oct 2019, 10:29 am

funeralxempire wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I have a love/hate relationship with caffeine. Often I feel no effect from it, sometimes it wakes me up, and sometimes it causes me to crash. I've certainly experienced anxiety from having too much caffeine before. If I want a serious energy boost though, I find high doses of nicotine work better. Unfortunately, it easily causes anxiety.


Typically nicotine causes a reduction in anxiety.

Personally, when I need more energy I take 24-40mg of ephedrine, or 24mg ephedrine and 200mg of caffeine.


Thank you for the word up .... good idea.


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are


Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 6,053
Location: Outter Quadrant

24 Oct 2019, 12:55 pm

Oh boy cup o coffee . That and a large mucinex pill . Allergy type, guafenesen and psuodepepedrine

And am successfully creating a semi auto matic , immune system , Since do to combo events,Resulting in too many surgeries to count.
Over a lifetime , has left my immune system somewhat incompetint . The combo is a great help to me.
Went into emergency room ,today, angry cause i had to be there . Inflammation response due to a dog dumping me into a juniper bush . Had become overwelming . Knew all the procedures they would use or reccomend . And realizing , was just going through the motions . Hoping for a difference somehow.
Ended up just crying , after wasting my time andprolly theirs the great end of this pursuit , was to merely finish there leave and get a coffee . To help immune response , and as a habit . And effect my own normal immune procedure. SUCCESSFULLY . durn juniper bush reaction , over the top ,
Eventually saved by coffee. And yes too much of anything can cause a bad response as well.
Still pretty crimson in colour . Just right for xmas ,, alittle early. :oops:


_________________
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
where ever you go ,there you are