I'm average 14%  14%  [ 20 ]
I'm below average 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
I'm horrible at it! 23%  23%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 146

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 6:18 pm

I love drawing, and I really don't want to sound like a show-off but everyone says I'm great at it too.
Right now I'm trying to get into an art school and become a professional cartoonist.
Here's some samples of my drawings:
[img][800:901]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/016/4/f/yute_and_scylla_by_lollipoppaintbrush-d37d5ji.png[/img]
[img][800:788]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/324/0/b/zoo_drawings___giraffe_by_lollipoppaintbrush-d339l81.png[/img]
[img][800:776]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/345/4/2/bad_ass_panda_siblings_by_lollipoppaintbrush-d34p3tc.png[/img]
[img][800:715]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/324/0/c/zoo_drawings___toad_by_lollipoppaintbrush-d339mu0.png[/img]

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 6:24 pm

I am pretty good at it. I have my own style. Am much better at highly stylized art than copying something, unless I can trace it and add my own tastiness to it. I think of myself as a visual chef, only working with paper and charcoal, not plates and food.

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

I've never been good at drawing realistically, but I have above average cartooning skills: caricatures of people and animals, monsters, aliens. Mostly, though, I just doodle pages full of shapes and patterns. (I don't have a scanner at the moment, and I don't really know how to describe them. Someone told me the drawings have an "Aboriginal" look.) It's relaxing to scribble them while I'm watching TV or passing some slow time at work. I keep a sketch pad with me most of the time.

IceCreamGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 9:30 am

I'm good at drawing.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 9:32 am

Some of my art:

http://syrellium.deviantart.com/

I think I can draw, but I haven't really drawn much in awhile now. :/

I need to get back to that soon.

Orannis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2011, 9:38 am

I'm absolutely dreadful, but am cursed with an artistic imagination. As a result I tend to commission a lot of artwork.

The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 10:23 am

I used to be pretty good at drawing, but not so much anymore. Physical drawing has been replaced by photography as far as special interests go. I used to draw subjects either by looking at them, or from memory depending on the subject. I specialized in drawing horses, unicorns, & Pegusus, since they were another obsession. Animals were my favorite subjects, though I drew people a few times. One of my teachers along the way, recommended a book called "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" to me. I didn't see the logic of purchasing it though, since I'm a lefty & was already utilizing my right brain. It was stuff I did without the book. My youngest daughter is a chip off the ol' block. She's going to go take her art further than I ever have. I still doodle though.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

syrella wrote:
Some of my art:

http://syrellium.deviantart.com/

I think I can draw, but I haven't really drawn much in awhile now. :/

I need to get back to that soon.

I'm on Deviant Art too. But I really suck at the whole social networking thing. I took me 5 years to get to 10,000 page views. I've seen people get to a million views in 6 months. And I'm no slacker artistically

http://wavefreak.deviantart.com/

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 10:34 am

I absolutely suck at drawing. :P I'm good with Henna patterns, though!

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 10:53 am

I voted for "above-average." I draw my own original cartoon characters, and while I may not be as good as most professional animators, my drawings are quite good. And compared to certain cartoon characters/styles, my characters are even more advanced in their presentation. I taught myself how to draw by observation and drawing other cartoon characters to learn the proper angles and shapes. I've always had a talent for being able to look at something and copy it down in a drawing without the need to trace or something. I love to draw, but I don't do it as often as I'd like, because I'm too perfectionistic. It sometimes can take me an hour to draw one character.

Nash: Is there a difference?

gadge
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 11:53 am

animals and nature...not so much, not really interested in those subjects anyway but from a picture i can do ok

But a mechanical design, yep

I had a drafting set when I was 8 yrs old. isometric and perspective come second nature. and the reverse of others 2d ...mechanical drawings, I can immediatly see it in 3d.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

Nordlys
Toucan
Toucan

13 Jun 2011, 12:05 pm

MagicMeerkat wrote:
http://phoenix-kat.deviantart.com/gallery/

Oh, I've faved one of your works

http://alicesacco.deviantart.com/

- La diversità è l'elemento principe del mondo -

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 6:22 pm

I've never been good at drawing things "artistically", but when it comes to diagrams, such as a machine, structure, or anything that uses a lot of straight lines, I can go into great detail. I also do photography (though that is more on the practical, rather than creative, side)

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 8:15 pm

I am a professional artist. I do commissions and even sold to an actress at an autism art show. I am in 2 books, going to be on TV tomorrow for one of the books, been in several magazines, and of course the newspaper lots of times. I have been drawing since 12. I had talent from the beginning but I am much better now. I have connections in the art world and I guess you can call it agents. I am also in a local pet store with my art. They have 14 stores. They reorder several times a year. I have prints and cards as well. At one of the shows I do every year I make $700 for 2 days. Last month I made $765 and that is basically doing nothing (except the things I mentioned.) It wasn't art magazines though I was in so I didn't get much action for sales, pet magazines with my story. One of them was Dog Fancy and it was because a dog helped me get out of autism (or mostly out). Its the mental disorders that screw up my functioning rather than the autism now. The other was Bird Talk magazine and that was long ago. They don't go to many people so its not that big of advertising. People don't look at those magazines for to buy art or prints. Also, my art isn't really advertised in actual art magazines. Its only on a few websites. The art books don't usually sell but the latest one the person who put out the book is really pushing it. That is why I am going on the local news tomorrow. I have a friend if he is serious this time and I pray that he has the connections (he knows everyone in the world it seems) that I can make about $10,000 a month. In my area I am well known and have collectors. When I go to the holiday shows, they always come back for me. At some of the shows I actually have a line of people waiting for me to buy stuff! Mainly cards and prints. For my artwork I do the best on the big scenes with many animals in them. The single animals are good but not as good as the scenes. Most of the birds I have done are extremely old so that are not as good, they look like a kid did them.... because I was a kid when I did them!

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 8:33 pm

FireBird wrote:
I am a professional artist. I do commissions and even sold to an actress at an autism art show. I am in 2 books, going to be on TV tomorrow for one of the books, been in several magazines, and of course the newspaper lots of times. I have been drawing since 12. I had talent from the beginning but I am much better now. I have connections in the art world and I guess you can call it agents. I am also in a local pet store with my art. They have 14 stores. They reorder several times a year. I have prints and cards as well. At one of the shows I do every year I make $700 for 2 days. Last month I made $765 and that is basically doing nothing (except the things I mentioned.) It wasn't art magazines though I was in so I didn't get much action for sales, pet magazines with my story. One of them was Dog Fancy and it was because a dog helped me get out of autism (or mostly out). Its the mental disorders that screw up my functioning rather than the autism now. The other was Bird Talk magazine and that was long ago. They don't go to many people so its not that big of advertising. People don't look at those magazines for to buy art or prints. Also, my art isn't really advertised in actual art magazines. Its only on a few websites. The art books don't usually sell but the latest one the person who put out the book is really pushing it. That is why I am going on the local news tomorrow. I have a friend if he is serious this time and I pray that he has the connections (he knows everyone in the world it seems) that I can make about $10,000 a month. In my area I am well known and have collectors. When I go to the holiday shows, they always come back for me. At some of the shows I actually have a line of people waiting for me to buy stuff! Mainly cards and prints. For my artwork I do the best on the big scenes with many animals in them. The single animals are good but not as good as the scenes. Most of the birds I have done are extremely old so that are not as good, they look like a kid did them.... because I was a kid when I did them!

How did you find a dealer?