Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2011, 8:15 am

This is a Tangle, for those who don't know:

I bought it because so many people recommended it as a fiddle toy. I've used it heavily for several months, but today it finally gave out - one of the connectors snapped. I was about to throw a paddy but I realised that the beauty of this toy is that you can pop segments out and rearrange them, so I was able to simply take the broken bits off and snap the two "new" ends back together. Hopefully I will get a few more months use out of it before I have to buy a completely new one. :wink:

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2011, 8:25 am

It's great that you could fix it. Do you play with other toys to? I'm 44 but I've had this need for a long time to buy few sets of Lego blocks. But I wonder what my wife will think :oops: She knows I'm childish, but still :?:

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2011, 8:41 am

AdamDZ wrote:
It's great that you could fix it. Do you play with other toys to? I'm 44 but I've had this need for a long time to buy few sets of Lego blocks. But I wonder what my wife will think :oops: She knows I'm childish, but still :?:

Sometimes I do, but I haven't for a while. I have boxes full of Lego and Playmobil that I don't think I could ever get rid of, as well as my old doll house and furniture.
Another reason why I like the Tangle so much is that I can play with it without people thinking, "That's a child's toy, look at that weird person playing with a toy". I can have it in my hand at college and it's not particularly strange. I've never been told to put it away.

Oh, and with regards to the Lego, I say go for it. There are loads of adult Lego collectors.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 9:01 am

Me want one!! !

I have LOADS of koosh toys. You know those fuzzy plastic things that stretch? I lose them if I take them out though so I tend to wear a coat with lots of fluff or dangly bits on instead!

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Nov 2011, 9:32 am

Jellybean wrote:
Me want one!! !

I have LOADS of koosh toys. You know those fuzzy plastic things that stretch? I lose them if I take them out though so I tend to wear a coat with lots of fluff or dangly bits on instead!

I can't stand Koosh balls, because I hate the feel and smell of rubber. It's a shame, because lots of fiddle toys seem to be made of rubber. :(
I'd like a Koosh-style ball if instead of rubber strands, they were plastic.

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 9:41 am

Looks great such a fiddle toy. Some people can be really annoyed when I fiddle around with pens or diverse office supplies.
Maybe I should have one of those on my desk.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 1:27 pm

I want a Tangle. Could tell Santa how good I've been? Maybe he'll give me one. :D

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

Transformers! Yeah!

Fun to mess with while waiting for a render to finish.

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 2:39 pm

shrox wrote:
Transformers! Yeah!

Fun to mess with while waiting for a render to finish.

OMG YES!! I can remember the feeling of these, can't describe it but ohhh do they still sell them? I'm going to buy a few for my son and keep one for myself this christmas!!

edit: look at THAT!
[img][800:849]http://host.trivialbeing.org/up/transformers-20080903-arcee-reference.jpg[/img]

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

ediself wrote:
OMG YES!! I can remember the feeling of these, can't describe it but ohhh do they still sell them? I'm going to buy a few for my son and keep one for myself this christmas!!

They are allot more complex now, some pretty cool design work when into these new ones.

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 5:43 pm

AdamDZ wrote:

I am always fiddling with something but don't have a specific fiddle toy. I mentioned several months ago to my husband that I missed playing with Lego ... Tonight we went to dinner with his parents and I left with a huge box of his old Lego :) :) very happy! When I got home I took it to my quiet room and immediately started sorting it by colour and block size so I could see what was there. An hour later I realised I hadn't even got as far as taking my coat off ...

I love Lego :)

Dae
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2011, 6:45 pm

ediself: That is one helluva motorcycle!

Hey, that 'Tangle' looks like something to put a hamster in...or are my eyes seeing the scale wrong?

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2011, 7:53 pm

YellowBanana wrote:
Tonight we went to dinner with his parents and I left with a huge box of his old Lego :) :) very happy! When I got home I took it to my quiet room and immediately started sorting it by colour and block size so I could see what was there. An hour later I realised I hadn't even got as far as taking my coat off ...

I'm jealous! I looked up Lego products but they have gazillions of specific sets. I want a generic set that's not meant to be something in particular. I like their Architecture sets though. I'm still looking over them. Perhaps I should hit Craigslist!

MudandStars
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 7:53 pm

My tangle has a link missing - has done for quite a while - still works for me..... Also have one of the bigger one's.

I want one of the one's with different textures but I'll have to import it from the US or UK and haven't got round to it yet.

?Two men looked through prison bars; one saw mud and the other stars.? Frederick Langbridge

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Nov 2011, 2:56 am

Dae wrote:
ediself: That is one helluva motorcycle!

Hey, that 'Tangle' looks like something to put a hamster in...or are my eyes seeing the scale wrong?

You're seeing the scale wrong. When it's completely "crumpled" up, it can fit into your hand. :)

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:24 am

YellowBanana wrote:
When I got home I took it to my quiet room and immediately started sorting it by colour and block size so I could see what was there. An hour later I realised I hadn't even got as far as taking my coat off ...

You just solved the autistic puzzle :D we sort them out to know what's there! Let's go tell the NTs!