Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2021, 9:19 pm

I often don't notice my own hunger until I start eating, or smell some food I like. A lot of it is preoccupation and hyperfocussing on whatever I'm doing, but even when I'm unoccupied I rarely feel much conscious hunger. As I don't start feeling faint or otherwise begin to wilt or weaken even after many hours without food, I see it mostly as an asset because I can carry on working for many hours without stopping to eat, and it guards me against obesity. Though I did once have a theory that lack of food might have something to do with the way I sometimes felt stressed out at work towards lunchtime (I never ate anything till lunchtime) - but I never proved it, and I could always see external reasons why I was getting stressed, and I haven't noticed any such pattern since I retired, so I still tend to think that it's only truly stressful experiences that stress me out and that eating probably wouldn't make me feel any better, removing the source of the stress would usually do the trick very well. Drinking is another matter. I almost constantly drink tea, but that's very easy to prepare and consume, so it doesn't get in the way of my life like food can. And I drink it so much that I can barely remember what thirst feels like, but no doubt I'd remember if I ran out of tea.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 4:48 am

Man…I wish I didn’t know when I was hungry lol…then I wouldn’t have that belly!

Seriously, though....this is very common amongst autistic folks who are so into their "special interests" that they forget about the Mundane aspects of Life.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2021, 3:58 pm

^
Very true I think.