Is there anyway to bookmark friends on wrongplanet?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Johnaster
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2009
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
Location: Ohio

10 May 2009, 11:45 pm

I've met a couple of people on wrongplanet that I would like to keep a correspondence with which is more than I ever had on myspace and I want to know is there like a top 8 friends thing to bookmark your buddies and if either of the people I sent private messages to via wrongplanet I am refering to you two so if you're interested you can just post me a private message



Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Aug 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,518
Location: Room 101

11 May 2009, 4:44 am

WP does not have any "friends" feature akin to what is found on social networking sites, and I do not believe the owners of the site are interested in adding that functionality. I keep correspondence with some people I've met on WP via Facebook or IM. That could be an option for you as well, assuming you feel comfortable giving that information out.


_________________
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH


alex
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,163
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

11 May 2009, 5:54 am

Orwell wrote:
WP does not have any "friends" feature akin to what is found on social networking sites, and I do not believe the owners of the site are interested in adding that functionality. I keep correspondence with some people I've met on WP via Facebook or IM. That could be an option for you as well, assuming you feel comfortable giving that information out.


actually that is something i want to add... but optimizing the site to respond reasonably is the priority right now



Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Aug 2007
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,518
Location: Room 101

11 May 2009, 9:54 pm

alex wrote:
actually that is something i want to add... but optimizing the site to respond reasonably is the priority right now

I must have been mistaken, for some reason I thought I remembered you having some objection to adding such features. I definitely agree that site performance is more important than new bells and whistles, though.


_________________
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH


Learning2Survive
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,777

11 May 2009, 10:34 pm

alex the forum software used on rcgroups.com and wattflyer.com is by far the best i have seen. what u have is great, but their's is a tiny weeni iny mini bit better. *don't kill the messenger


_________________
Some of the threads I started are really long - yeay!


Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jul 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,214
Location: USA

12 May 2009, 8:55 pm

Wait -- what?

Orwell wrote:
I definitely agree that site performance is more important than new bells and whistles, though.
Need more bells & whistles! Bread & circuses!
We need more distractions and consolations!
"Tell me no secrets, tell me some lies, give me no reasons, give me alibis..."
(Sorry. I just needed to let out a general rant.)